• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty S3 |OT| Keeping Summer Safe - Sundays on Adult Swim

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Well, S3 has been on a roll, so a miss was inevitable. Wasn't a terrible episode, but not nearly as entertaining as the rest of the season has been.

Zubz

Banned
Season finale already?

Also, President Keith David is back!

That's not the president I was hoping it'd be about, but A.) I can easily see them subverting expectations (It seems they handle the job quickly, & B.) I really liked President Keith David, so I'm not disappointed.

Beth gone

Yup. It'll probably take awhile to see the payoff, though.

How much do you guys wanna bet the finale pulls a twist on us midway through that switches from the US President over to President Morty?

That's my guess.

Epcott

I love how they don't show which choice Beth made (although the pizza ordering, agreeable Beth makes me think she bailed... since she's too broken and now self aware of it).

Only caught the back 2/3 of the episode, but it definitely seemed like one of the weaker ones.

I guess the season finale won't have anything to do with Evil Morty judging by that preview. OR WILL IT?

They left it ambiguous if Beth chose to have a clone replace her. Her happy demeanor in the last scene made it seem like she did, but it could just be a fakeout. Either the season finale is just a regular episode or they're doing something dramatic like killing Beth. We think that it's the clone when she's killed, but it's actually her. Rick ends up having to get a different Beth from another dimension or just leaves to another dimension with Morty and probably Summer.

hughesta

Banned
"wait, what are my values?" made me laugh harder than anything else this season

one of the weaker episodes overall but still s good one.

zeemumu

The Lincoln Slave Collosseum?!

That was a pretty good episode. Confirming my belief that Beth is only 2nd to Rick in being horrific, although she might actually be worse because Rick actually had to contain her within that world.

The Jerry sideplot was kinda meh. It has the same tone as most other Jerry subplots where he fucks up and everyone has to usher him out because they're sick of his shit.

So now we've got the issue of whether or not Rick cloned Beth while the real Beth went on a murderous killing spree or the real Beth decided to stay. I think she bailed

"There's a Rick that trapped his daughter in a virtual world to protect the neighborhood from her murderous tendencies. The daughter trapped her friend in that world, forgot he existed. Rick made her take a good long look at herself, allowed her the chance to taste a life free of moral inhibition. We captured that taste, and we keep giving it to her so she can give it right back to you in every bite of new Simple Rick "fuck it all" wafer selects. Come home to the unique flavor of casting aside your sense of right and wrong, come home to Simple Rick."

Thought the episode was pretty good. Lots of character development and that conversation at the end was great. Not sure why people think it's weak

It was intentionally ambiguous. They might pull a Ben Reilly & make us think she stayed, then we go a couple seasons before the actual Beth leads us into a new plot.

I am going to assume this is a replacement and this one will get back with Jerry
the robots always seem more emotional then their human counterparts

Jerry is going to feel so screwed

Zubz

Banned
Thought the episode was pretty good. Lots of character development and that conversation at the end was great. Not sure why people think it's weak

Same here. I'm a sucker for plot development (Which was definitely the focus here, which is why I think it's set-up), but I thought it was pretty amusing.

"There's a Rick that trapped his daughter in a virtual world to protect the neighborhood from her murderous tendencies. The daughter trapped her friend in that world, forgot he existed. Rick made her take a good long look at herself, allowed her the chance to taste a life free of moral inhibition. We captured that taste, and we keep giving it to her so she can give it right back to you in every bite of new Simple Rick "fuck it all" wafer selects. Come home to the unique flavor of casting aside your sense of right and wrong, come home to Simple Rick."

And Rick was eating wafers when he bailed out of the adventure because there's nothing in it for him.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
it would fit her character more if she bailed so maybe we'll find out in season 4

Yeah, although this "happy" Beth could just be Beth realizing that she's choosing her life, for once. It would be obvious if it's a clone and less obvious if she actually stayed (to me, anyway).

I am going to assume this is a replacement and this one will get back with Jerry
the robots always seem more emotional then their human counterparts

Jerry is going to feel so screwed

I think Beth still loves Jerry though -- when she was weighing whether to stay or leave, she mentions Jerry as a reason to stay. That kinda caught me by surprise.

This shit ain't coming back for at least 2 years
Dan and Justin are perfectionists , the backlash dummies were saying throughout the season will have them shook going forward

Zubz

Banned
This shit ain't coming back for at least 2 years
Dan and Justin are perfectionists
, the backlash dummies were saying throughout the season will have them shook going forward

Yup. S3 was supposed to go smoothly, & it still took longer than estimated. S4'll take forever, although I think the manufactured controversy by sexists on Reddit will do little to slow things down. Dan & Justin can do that in their own.

TheOGB

Banned
Really interesting development for Beth, but Jerry... is still Jerry. Good episode as far as setting up interesting possibilities, not as good standalone as others this season. I enjoyed it though.

So now we've got the issue of whether or not Rick cloned Beth while the real Beth went on a murderous killing spree or the real Beth decided to stay. I think she bailed
Beth's revelation and this possibility reminded me of a character from a game. Due to the nature of the game and the character I'll put the game's title in a spoiler tag, and the character in a link.
Undertale
https://i.imgur.com/ZEUlg2S.jpg

zeemumu

Really interesting development for Beth, but Jerry... is still Jerry. Good episode as far as setting up interesting possibilities, not as good standalone as others this season. I enjoyed it though.

Beth's revelation and this possibility reminded me of a character from a game. Due to the nature of the game and the character I'll put the game's title in a spoiler tag, and the character in a link.
Undertale
https://i.imgur.com/ZEUlg2S.jpg

Hmm, yeah maybe. Or
the character the player names

People on Reddit are saying that 'those' fans are gonna take Ricks speech to be talking about themselves, and make it like a code to live by. Dear god if so...

Literally the only human being Rick was referencing there was himself. He (and his spawn?) are the only creatures capable of 'taking the universe for ride' he's not talking about some guy who got an A in science class.

I liked it because it felt true from Ricks point of view on life, and it makes sense with what his character has seen and done.

Loved Morty's Mind Blowers. Holy cow.

Yup. S3 was supposed to go smoothly, & it still took longer than estimated. S4'll take forever, although I think the manufactured controversy by sexists on Reddit will do little to slow things down. Dan & Justin can do that in their own.

I mean, why the fuck would Harmon's anger over sexist pricks stop production?

zeemumu

People on Reddit are saying that 'those' fans are gonna take Ricks speech to be talking about themselves, and make it like a code to live by. Dear god if so...

Literally the only human being Rick was referencing there was himself. He (and his spawn?) are the only creatures capable of 'taking the universe for ride' he's not talking about some guy who got an A in science class.

I liked it because it felt true from Ricks point of view on life, and it makes sense with what his character has seen and done.

It's what the doctor said in Pickle Rick. Him taking the universe for a ride is him being the master of his own universe, and waiting for it to throw him off is his brain rotting by his own hand.

The show doesn't exactly say anything that contradicts Rick though.

Rick and Morty fans will be the ones that end the show
The toxicity is insane right now

Top Bottom