• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer 7 -- Official Thread

pelican

Surfheart said:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Racerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I hope this series isn't dead.

Yeah I feel the same.

Must be nearly 4 years since Ridge 6, and 3 since Ridge 7 and despite some PSP love nothing.

I can understand why Forza and GT are popular but for me arcade racing is where it is at. The only thing released recently like that was Outrun on xbla/psn and I thought it was a bit wank.

Come on Namco. Ridge it up!

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
10 fucking years old gentlemen.....

Not 1, not 5, not 8, but TEN YEARS, and guess what....I'm in a lobby right now with 10 fellow Ridge Racer heads in an online battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never EVER in my life seen a racing game with online legs 10 years after it game out! You guys should really come join us. The game is still a lot of fun and holds up beautifully!

This and Resistance were the first two games I bought with my PS3. That racing duel with the Angelus STILL gives me the shakes. What happened to this series? :-(

AmyS

Sega is doing Daytona USA 3 for arcades, therefore Namco ought to make a Ridge Racer 8 or RAVE RACER 2, for home.

IGAGZRe.jpg

VjmD8Wi.jpg
bQ2BHYT.jpg

LrXRpyw.jpg

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Man I'm rusty....I forgot how ridiculously good the guys online are LOL.

isamu

If you don't master where the NOS points are you're fucked! :D

jett

D-Member
10 fucking years old gentlemen.....

Not 1, not 5, not 8, but TEN YEARS, and guess what....I'm in a lobby right now with 10 fellow Ridge Racer heads in an online battle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never EVER in my life seen a racing game with online legs 10 years after it game out! You guys should really come join us. The game is still a lot of fun and holds up beautifully!

Online is alive? That's amazing. The last time I played it was dead.

Unfortunately I'm not good competitively at RR7, I can't be arsed to memorize when exactly to unleash nitro.

Salty Hippo

10 fucking years. Just think about the progress video games have made from 1991 to 2001. Then think about the last 10 years. Ugh.

FirLocke

You know, with PS3 hitting the 10 year milestone, I'm feeling nostalgic and plan to go on a game hunt soon. If I see Ridge Racer 7 I'll pick it up. :)

The first thing I did when I got PS4 was look for a Ridge Racer game. Lol. It's absurd that you can't play Ridge Racer of any type on PS4.

HTupolev

We're still struggling to maintain smooth framerates at 1080p lol.
Unfortunately, RR7 itself does not maintain smooth framerates at 1080p. The use of full-resolution transparencies means that gigantic framerate spikes are extremely common when cornering in a group, thanks to all the smoke and flame trails. Although it doesn't drag average framerate down that much, it's a somewhat significant issue as it happens at the worst possible time.

vilmer_

10 years already? Feels like yesterday... My RR7 instruction manual still smells brand new lol.

Whenever I hear tunes from the soundtrack it immediately transports me back to the launch ps3 days. There are some damn good songs in the game <3

Top Bottom