• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RiME is 60 fps on next gen, really worth a look if you haven't

Rien

Jelly Belly
Tried this game a couple of times but couldn’t get into it. Liked the artstyle tho. Good news!

edit:

this is 60? Feels kinda choppy to me

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Tried this game a couple of times but couldn’t get into it. Liked the artstyle tho. Good news!

edit:

this is 60? Feels kinda choppy to me

It was the same but the game picks up big time after 3 hours. I thought the game gives a very bad first impression.

I really enjoyed it. No real desire to play it again though.

It's one of those one and done games.

Still though to me 8/10

Rien

Jelly Belly
It was the same but the game picks up big time after 3 hours. I thought the game gives a very bad first impression.

I really enjoyed it. No real desire to play it again though.

It's one of those one and done games.

Still though to me 8/10

hmmm I might give it another change today!

Skifi28

I'm actually playing right now. Not a single drop on the PS5 so far, about 3 hours in, runs and looks great. On the ps4 pro the framerate was all over the place, felt terrible.

Last edited:

Sorne

Oh yes, this game is such a gem! I loved it, back when I played it. Think I just sat straight in one sitting and completed it. It's a very nice adventure to go through. I definitely recommend it as well, especially if it runs better too!

Tschumi

60fps isn't such a big deal.. Metroid Prime was 60fps.. but is this game a hidden gem? I'll keep my eye out for it 💡

Last edited by a moderator:

Vae_Victis

Banned
This looks like a walking simulator. Am I missing something?
There are some puzzles, but it's mostly exploration and atmosphere.

I didn't really like it, it's not bad but it also does nothing particularly clever with most of the time it takes to go from A to B in order to progress. I remember the ending because it's a bit of a twist, but my mind already wiped out 90% of everything else that was in this game.

But then again, I also thought Ico was just good-ish, so it's clearly not a genre for me.

Last edited:

OutRun88

Even if it was a walking sim that doesn't automatically mean it's a bad thing.
I always took walking simulator to be a trollish way of saying there is no actual “game”. So to me that is a bad thing.

Maybe I missed the puzzling aspect as I scrubbed through the video.

Bankai

Yes great game. I played it on PS4pro and really liked it. Framerate was TERRIBLE though, so it'll be a much better experience on PS5 for sure!

I loved the atmosphere and mellow vibe.

edit: also, the ending is really emotional. Really resonated with me.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I always took walking simulator to be a trollish way of saying there is no actual “game”. So to me that is a bad thing.

Maybe I missed the puzzling aspect as I scrubbed through the video.

Its a really slow intro, not much puzzling at the start.

I haven't gotten around to this but I will, I can't say no to feeding mangoes to snuffling pigs.

Tranquil

Kinda surprised this game didn't already run at 60fps on last gen consoles.

Fun game though, played it earlier this year on PC.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
One of my favorites from this gen.

Played it through a couple of times and its a game of rare emotional intelligence, which may sound pretentious but what it boils down to is the way it deploys animations, audio-cues, art direction etc. At the optimal times to give its wordless story maximum impact.

Please don't toss it aside as a Zelda/Ico copyist, its actually a thing of its own and a truly wonderful thing at that. The final area and its events will stay with me for a long, long, time.

I'd give it my highest recommendation, dodgy framerate and all.

Hunnybun

Wow this is great news, gonna download it right now.

I fucking loved this game. I guess I'm a sucker for this stuff.

Genuinely one of the most beautiful and touching games I've ever played. It's so poetic.

If that stuff speaks to you then you'll likely love it. It's not a game you can fairly measure in terms of gameplay mechanics or the ingenuity of its puzzles. It's much more than that.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Genshin is also 60fps on next gen. (current gen)

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
What got me was the "secret" ending, particularly I guess because it was so close to the that of a project I'd been planning years ago which was very similar in a bunch of ways. Not that I'm suggesting any influence, I had a themed outline, a structure, and a payoff sketched out lacking specific detail, I don't think I ever even pitched it directly, so more or less it was just some notes and an idea in my head.

I only mention it because it made me extra vigilant about nuances and details while playing the game, and I was really super-impressed by the way it got its ideas and emotions across economically and unobtrusively. Any budding indie designer could learn a ton from this game.

Top Bottom