• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RimWorld out today on Steam Early Access - Colony Manager of Love and Life and Death

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
when you know death is upon you

f5K5Xmt.jpg

I'd like to buy direct from the devs since they'll get a bigger cut but before I do, are there any (worthwhile) mods that are Workshop exclusive or is everything released on their site as well?

Genryu

Banned
So I just started this up last night, and eventually my first colony ended in tragedy.

All because some asshole went berserk because he hadn't eaten at a table, then started shooting everyone.

Whoops.

Thraktor

Well, I think I can safely say there's nowhere to go but up after my first game. I started out with three colonists and a tame fox, paused the game and went through the steps the game lays out, setting out a room with a few beds, a stockpile and a farm area, and assigning the two weapons I had to the two of my three colonists with the best firearms ability. I also notice that there's some kind of walled-off room on my map and think "hey, I should have a look inside!", so I also queue up a block to be demolished from one of the walls so I can get in there and hopefully find some goodies. When I unpause, one of my settlers starts moving everything to the stockpile, another one just wanders around aimlessly, and the third starts digging their way into the secret room, looking forward to the treasures that might await.

On the plus side, the room had five ancient cryo tubes in it, presumably containing people who would have greatly enlarged my fledgeling community. Unfortunately, it also included a pair of thousand-year-old killer robots, who proceeded to murder all three of my colonists and my pet fox in quick succession.

Total in-game time spent: about two minutes
Lesson learnt: stay clear of walled-off rooms unless you're packing some serious heat

Sarcasm

They are all moody as heck. It is like they do not know they are trying to survive. I make wood floors and walls. Put lights, a bed and flowers. A big lit area for production tables and some joy. I cook food, but it is ignored. So I resulted in a ton of strawberries. Do you need meat for fine meals? That slowed everything down as even butcher table next to corpses they do not butcher even if the only thing under work is selected is Cook/Hunt.

They all go crazy in less then a week.

Huge turn off of this game, it is tedious as heck. It is like I am dealing with my moody students, except their survival doesn't depend on it.

Huge turn off of this game, it is tedious as heck. It is like I am dealing with my moody students, except their survival doesn't depend on it.

That's just certain colonists. Some bust their ass nonstop. I had a miner that was like that on my island. She would cry constantly when she had to mine for more than a second, get all moody and take sad (wandering) walks, then binge eat all my food. So I made her the cook 24/7.

Started the game 40 mins ago.

The tribe has segregated themselves based off skin color by itself. Hmmmm.

Also. I don't know how to mine rocks. Something about designating a rock. I have been clicking it on rock like objects.

strata8

They are all moody as heck. It is like they do not know they are trying to survive. I make wood floors and walls. Put lights, a bed and flowers. A big lit area for production tables and some joy. I cook food, but it is ignored. So I resulted in a ton of strawberries. Do you need meat for fine meals? That slowed everything down as even butcher table next to corpses they do not butcher even if the only thing under work is selected is Cook/Hunt.

Honestly I don't find it very hard to keep people happy. Check the Needs tab, what exactly is pushing their mood down? Colonists don't go berserk for no reason. There are a lot of things like shared bedrooms, cold bedrooms, disturbed sleep, lack of tables, etc that can stack up and cause a big hit. All of those are easily fixable.

You can get a pretty easy free mood boost by placing dining chairs in front of the production tables, which boosts their comfort levels to the point where it improves their mood. Also make sure they have a wide variety of joy activities to do, as the effectiveness of a particular activity will be reduced the more a colonist is forced to do it.

edit: Sorry, saw that this was already addressed further up.

For someone who doesn't play these games, whats the natural progession of learning how to play?

Can I learn everything in-game and through forums? Does it have a good tutorial system?

Sarcasm

Honestly I don't find it very hard to keep people happy. Check the Needs tab, what exactly is pushing their mood down? Colonists don't go berserk for no reason. There are a lot of things like shared bedrooms, cold bedrooms, disturbed sleep, lack of tables, etc that can stack up and cause a big hit. All of those are easily fixable.

You can get a pretty easy free mood boost by placing dining chairs in front of the production tables, which boosts their comfort levels to the point where it improves their mood. Also make sure they have a wide variety of joy activities to do, as the effectiveness of a particular activity will be reduced the more a colonist is forced to do it.

edit: Sorry, saw that this was already addressed further up.

Dunno maybe it is bugged as they even ignore the cooked food.

They got their own rooms with furniture and wood floor plus walls. They have set times for joy.

One guy only had one red at -6 and he killed a colonist. That negative was slight pain. Guess that is a good reason to go crazy and murder people.

Like darkest dungeon i found sending colonists to their deaths works best. Nobody bats an eye for that.

But that mining shaft with lighting, go crazy and kill people. Then eat raw food cause that stack of cooked food is below them ha.

For someone who doesn't play these games, whats the natural progession of learning how to play?

Can I learn everything in-game and through forums? Does it have a good tutorial system?

There's no proper tutorial but a quick google or reddit solved 90% of my problems in less than an hour.

saunderez

Just read the near future of the game in Tynan's AMA. The drugs system sounds great, and a logical next step after moods and relationships. Colonists going on drug binges when they have a mental break will be a refreshing change to psychotic attacks.

"Jim has a mental break. Proceeds to smoke the colonies supply of marijuana, eats all of the prepared meals and goes to bed."

Steiner84

when your cook is incapable of violent, he wount butcher animals.

If you want you can send me your savegame and ill have a look at it and what the problems are.
but im at work for the next 10 hours.

Steiner84

Well, I think I can safely say there's nowhere to go but up after my first game. I started out with three colonists and a tame fox, paused the game and went through the steps the game lays out, setting out a room with a few beds, a stockpile and a farm area, and assigning the two weapons I had to the two of my three colonists with the best firearms ability. I also notice that there's some kind of walled-off room on my map and think "hey, I should have a look inside!", so I also queue up a block to be demolished from one of the walls so I can get in there and hopefully find some goodies. When I unpause, one of my settlers starts moving everything to the stockpile, another one just wanders around aimlessly, and the third starts digging their way into the secret room, looking forward to the treasures that might await.

On the plus side, the room had five ancient cryo tubes in it, presumably containing people who would have greatly enlarged my fledgeling community. Unfortunately, it also included a pair of thousand-year-old killer robots, who proceeded to murder all three of my colonists and my pet fox in quick succession.

Total in-game time spent: about two minutes
Lesson learnt: stay clear of walled-off rooms unless you're packing some serious heat

when you are about to open such rooms theres usually a message that informs you about your colonist feeling an ancient danger. thats how you know not to open that room until you are properly prepared.

Interesting info on the upcoming features and potential future elements of the game, from the recent AMA

On drugs:
The next feature set we're working on is a more holistic system of drugs. Currently the game just has beer, but that's always been a little piece of what wants to be a more rounded simulation of drug psychology, physical effects, economy and addiction. I was also looking at the drug system in Fallout and remarking on how simple but effective it is. It's something distinct to more gritty (sorry) modern and sci-fi settings.

The drug system will simulate a variety of drugs (some real, some fictional) like beer, marijuana, malaria blockers, hi-tech combat enhancers and cocaine. Colonists may turn to drugs to cope with stress, especially if they have "chemical fascination". Addictions will form and withdrawal will hit if the supply is cut off. Colonists might go on drug binges. The player can assign a schedule of drugs to colonists (similar to the current outfits system) to keep colonist popping the right pills on a regular basis.

The player can, of course, overuse this system or avoid it entirely - I'm looking forward to seeing what new kinds of stories this can create.

We've also got another big feature in the pipe, but that one I want to keep unannounced for now since I'm not yet sure how it'll work.

Ok, yes, that's a joke. But do you have any outlandish features in the back of your head than you and Ludeon studios might try to add one day?
I have a 40-page document of outlandish features. Semi-insane psycerors with psychic powers, generated randomized killing machines with weird abilities, religious conflict inside the colony, running a kidnap and ransom business... I write it all down :)

Is there life in the Rimworld universe that doesn't ultimately come from earth?
As it stands, every creature ultimately originates from Earth, or is engineered from an Earth creature, or is created by some piece of human or post-human civilization.

However, that doesn't mean you couldn't encounter extremely exotic beings. Once you posit the presence of hyper-intelligent Dyson-spheric entities in the universe, who can create basically anything, you've opened the door to all manner of post-humans, fighting and exploring machines, bio-mechanical creatures, and so on. Stuff way weirder than Klingons or that snail guy from Mos Eisley.

The game hasn't really plumbed these depths because we just haven't had time, but they're all possible.

Spent a few hours on an easy mode, figuring out the basics. It can be frustrating wondering why something is or isn't happening, but I'm assuming it's just a result of the game's depth and complexity. I'm currently not sure what I'm doing wrong with basic construction resources (wood, steel). My guys seem to leave useful things lying around for ages, and then suddenly pick half of it up at once. I don't know why mining steel doesn't mean they pick it up for me to use. Or why mining sandstone doesn't mean I have it available as flooring. Probably there's another process of refinement needed, but the game isn't giving me any pointers. I think it doesn't help I only have one person out of five who's inclined to haul. I'm going to take most other jobs away from that guy and see what happens. Considering how obtuse the game is for beginners, the time I've given it and the basic skills I've developed speak to the game's power of attraction.

Spent a few hours on an easy mode, figuring out the basics. It can be frustrating wondering why something is or isn't happening, but I'm assuming it's just a result of the game's depth and complexity. I'm currently not sure what I'm doing wrong with basic construction resources (wood, steel). My guys seem to leave useful things lying around for ages, and then suddenly pick half of it up at once. I don't know why mining steel doesn't mean they pick it up for me to use. Or why mining sandstone doesn't mean I have it available as flooring. Probably there's another process of refinement needed, but the game isn't giving me any pointers. I think it doesn't help I only have one person out of five who's inclined to haul. I'm going to take most other jobs away from that guy and see what happens. Considering how obtuse the game is for beginners, the time I've given it and the basic skills I've developed speak to the game's power of attraction.
Watch a few early parts of Let's Plays, and guides as well, on YouTube. There are extremely useful for getting a grasp on the basics and why stuff might not be happening as expected

Yeah! Didn't mean to sound as whiny as I perhaps might have. The games is clearly ace, and I can see why someone earlier was saying (words to the effect that) people's failures are 100% down to the player and not the game. I can feel opportunities to make much better decisions flying past my ears. It's far from a bad thing.

Steiner84

- mining is mining. Hauling away the mined materials is hauling.
- materials are in your inventory when they are within a stockpile. materials that just have been mined lie on the ground outside of a stockpile. so they dont show up in the inventory. But if items on the map are not forbidden (which things youve mined arent by default), pawns will use them to constuct even if they are not in your stockpile.
- Stoneschunks you mined first need to be manufactured into stone blocks. That is done at the stonecutting workbench. For this you need to research stonecutting first.
- in the early game you should have at least 1 person determined to hauling. Set manual priorities and have him hauling at 1, everthing else higher (besides firefighting, and maybe bed rest). So he always hauls if there is something to haul. consider making hauling-first colonists as you see needed.
- same goes for a cleaner. HAve someone whos first and foremost job is to clean your base. This doesnt seem too important, but it plays a huge role in the happiness of your colonists. Its the least important job in the automatic order. so it only gets done when everything else allready is and nothing left to do. but it is done very quickly and eliminates a mood debuff for a very low cost that can be crucial especially early on and in harsh biomes where certain debuffs will be neccessary for a long time.

also yeah, beer is helpfull if your colonists are constantly on the edge of snapping. With beer they oftenly decide to get drunk. They are binging on alcohol and are not productive and cant be controled manually, but at least they are not wandering arround in a daze dropping all their stuff or attacking your colonists. They most they can do is passing out at the table dropping their gun.

Steiner84

im sure everyone that purhcased the game so far will also get a steam key.
But if you want to be sure, just wait 8 more hours.

Also just for the record, that is exactly what happened. Everyone that got the game before the steam release also got a steam key.

Sarcasm

Another lost colony.

To one bersered dude. 6 guys couldn't take the skinny preteen down.

Man all the colonists are cry baby preteens, but this dude actually had a reason.

Cause one death counted as three different negatives!

Yea. I need a break from this...emotion simulator.

Teletraan1

Banned
Having a blast with the game. My one big problem is malaria. I think it is from not setting things up properly at first but once I get it it usually ends in someone dying either directly or indirectly. 4 colonists, two most useful get malaria, can never catch up while it takes days for the artist and useless tit #2 to tend to my worker and hunter. Mental break from having to stay in bed for days ends up killing everyone and then dies of starvation ironically as their malaria has ended. I have had 2 very promising colonies that got wiped out because they were hit with early malaria before I could really get established and was not equipped to lose really 100% of my workforce.

Aaron D.

I'm really starting to love this game now that I've got a rudimentary grasp of the mechanics. It makes gameplay sessions feel more deliberate & focused.

Though I do think I messed up my walk-in food freezer setup though. I noticed that since my common room with dining table was on the opposite side of my compound, my lazy colonists were just eating their meals in the actual cooler where the prepared meals are stored. They would go on to get mood debuffs because they didn't eat at a table. So I figured I'd created another common room adjacent to the freezer/storage area.

Took some fiddling around, where I first had a simple door connecting the two rooms. That didn't work as the freezer room kept losing cool air with people tromping back and forth, leaving the separating door open more often than not. (But hey, at least they're now sitting at the table to eat.) Then I did a redesign creating another one of those vacuum hallways. It should work in theory, but in spite of this my cooler room is still hovering well above freezing temp., putting my entire food supply in jeopardy.

I think I'm going to install a second AC unit in the room and see if that helps. If not I might have to just wall off my 2nd common room and relocate it somewhere else close to the food storage area.

Other than that, things are going well. I think it's cause I'm playing on Baby Mode (Chillax @ Base Builder difficulty).

Steiner84

I'm really starting to love this game now that I've got a rudimentary grasp of the mechanics. It makes gameplay sessions feel more deliberate & focused.

Though I do think I messed up my walk-in food freezer setup though. I noticed that since my common room with dining table was on the opposite side of my compound, my lazy colonists were just eating their meals in the actual cooler where the prepared meals are stored. They would go on to get mood debuffs because they didn't eat at a table. So I figured I'd created another common room adjacent to the freezer/storage area.

Took some fiddling around, where I first had a simple door connecting the two rooms. That didn't work as the freezer room kept losing cool air with people tromping back and forth, leaving the separating door open more often than not. (But hey, at least they're now sitting at the table to eat.) Then I did a redesign creating another one of those vacuum hallways. It should work in theory, but in spite of this my cooler room is still hovering well above freezing temp., putting my entire food supply in jeopardy.

I think I'm going to install a second AC unit in the room and see if that helps. If not I might have to just wall off my 2nd common room and relocate it somewhere else close to the food storage area.

Other than that, things are going well. I think it's cause I'm playing on Baby Mode (Chillax @ Base Builder difficulty).

your freezer problems can be several things.
your propably in a hot biome, so more cooling power needed. one AC can only cool down so much.
another thing is the space that needs to be cooled down. depending on biome and temps i start installing a second unit at arround 10*5 freezer size.
if you havent allready, replace your door with an autodoor. they close quicker and looses less cold air.
and somehting that gets underestimated often is insulation of material. if your freezer walls and door are out of wood they cant hold the cold any good. build it out of stone. even better is a 2 layer thik stone wall.

- mining is mining. Hauling away the mined materials is hauling.
- materials are in your inventory when they are within a stockpile. materials that just have been mined lie on the ground outside of a stockpile. so they dont show up in the inventory. But if items on the map are not forbidden (which things youve mined arent by default), pawns will use them to constuct even if they are not in your stockpile.
- Stoneschunks you mined first need to be manufactured into stone blocks. That is done at the stonecutting workbench. For this you need to research stonecutting first.
- in the early game you should have at least 1 person determined to hauling. Set manual priorities and have him hauling at 1, everthing else higher (besides firefighting, and maybe bed rest). So he always hauls if there is something to haul. consider making hauling-first colonists as you see needed.
- same goes for a cleaner. HAve someone whos first and foremost job is to clean your base. This doesnt seem too important, but it plays a huge role in the happiness of your colonists. Its the least important job in the automatic order. so it only gets done when everything else allready is and nothing left to do. but it is done very quickly and eliminates a mood debuff for a very low cost that can be crucial especially early on and in harsh biomes where certain debuffs will be neccessary for a long time.

also yeah, beer is helpfull if your colonists are constantly on the edge of snapping. With beer they oftenly decide to get drunk. They are binging on alcohol and are not productive and cant be controled manually, but at least they are not wandering arround in a daze dropping all their stuff or attacking your colonists. They most they can do is passing out at the table dropping their gun.

All very helpful, thank you. Research, you say? Oh man ... I should get another long session in tonight, putting these ideas into play. Game is fantastic.

Aaron D.

your freezer problems can be several things.

Thanks for the tips.

I'm researching Auto-Door tech right now, so that may take a bit. But I'll try another cooler as a stop-gap. Room is already mined in a natural hill/mountain, but I think I can reinforce the wall on one side with another layer of rock.

tDFz2eM.jpg

In other news, I need this game's soundtrack in my life. I know the OST is available direct from the dev. (linked off of the game's front-end menu), but I would rather purchase it from Steam or iTunes. That way I'd have easy access to it down the road as I upgrade PC/phone hardware.

I think I'll just buy direct either way and maybe double-dip if it shows up on a more mainstream service. Heck, it's only $8 USD for 30 tracks. Seems like a bargain. The track Alpaca completely pushed me over the edge last night. The low end in this selection is soooo good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_yi9gzDQsI&list=PLDWrj6ynqDMEGuy1YC1gtJCNkSlufKsAO&index=26

Thraktor

when you are about to open such rooms theres usually a message that informs you about your colonist feeling an ancient danger. thats how you know not to open that room until you are properly prepared.

Yeah, I got the message, but to be honest it just kind of increased my curiosity (and with the game having only just started I didn't have much to lose).

My second game is going a lot better, with zero killer robots this time. One problem I'm having is that I've built a stonecutter's table, I have people assigned to the correct job for it, and I have a load of granite and limestone lying around the place, but I can't create bills on the stonecutter's table to build stone blocks. When I click the create bill button it just makes a noise but nothing happens. Anyone got any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Steiner84

Yeah, I got the message, but to be honest it just kind of increased my curiosity (and with the game having only just started I didn't have much to lose).

My second game is going a lot better, with zero killer robots this time. One problem I'm having is that I've built a stonecutter's table, I have people assigned to the correct job for it, and I have a load of granite and limestone lying around the place, but I can't create bills on the stonecutter's table to build stone blocks. When I click the create bill button it just makes a noise but nothing happens. Anyone got any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

sorry, im at a loss here.. stonecutter table only has one bill that should say "make stone blocks" and that isnt tied to any requierments that i know of.

that honestly sounds like a bug. maybe try restarting the game and see what happens.
are you playing with mods? If, try to disable and see if that makes it available. then it is some thing with one of the mods.

Thraktor

sorry, im at a loss here.. stonecutter table only has one bill that should say "make stone blocks" and that isnt tied to any requierments that i know of.

that honestly sounds like a bug. maybe try restarting the game and see what happens.
are you playing with mods? If, try to disable and see if that makes it available. then it is some thing with one of the mods.

No mods, and I've exited and restarted the game and the problem still persists. I might dismantle the table and build a new one.

WaterAstro

I can't see this changing in the final game. Suceeding despite the useless hand you've been dealt is kinda the entire point of the game.

If you think vanilla Rimworld is bad, realistic research mod pack + toxic fallout is a nightmare you can never escape.

Nah, this thing can be easily tweaked. There's no reason why getting denied by the a potential mate should stack 5 times. Just control the AI a bit better so when they get denied, they don't

Also, there's no support for colonists that go mental. They have the arrest feature, so why not chain up this mental dude into a room? They do it in real life. There has to be something that can medicate mental diseases.

Sarcasm

There are many things that need to be fixed.

A wanderer can join your colony without permission but say a colonists blood relative drops down.

You get this message that a mother or father has dropped down and two things can happen other then ignoring.

1) You rescue them. Which seems like the obvious choice cause it is a colonists parent. Thing is once healed they leave. Surprisingly this doesn't affect moods as colonists are very babies in their preteens. If you want to keep you have to watch when they leave, recruit a colonist (choose the offspring for laughs) and have them capture - which leads to #2.

2) Treat them like scumbags. Capture and imprison them. This way they can actually join the Colony ha.

I think a different mechanic needs to be implemented for situations life this that is a cross between those two. Maybe need to meet certain standards for that person who then asks to join.

Then the spouse dying thing nets you three negatives. Suppose died, friend died and colonist died.

And like above berserk people need a better way to handle after they go berserk.

Steiner84

Are there any mods that allow you to customize your colonists like you could in Dwarf Fortress?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6261.0

currently in beta.

Nah, this thing can be easily tweaked. There's no reason why getting denied by the a potential mate should stack 5 times. Just control the AI a bit better so when they get denied, they don't

Also, there's no support for colonists that go mental. They have the arrest feature, so why not chain up this mental dude into a room? They do it in real life. There has to be something that can medicate mental diseases.

its just part of the game. its on purpose.
but i could imagine there are mods that disable certain debuffs.

Lanrutcon

+2 Comfortable Bed
+4 Well Fed
-4 Saw a funny shaped rock
-8 Stubbed a toe
-16 Firefly got canceled
-25 Loved one died...18 years ago
-7 Room has corners
-11 Floor isn't made of diamonds

What a brilliant game. A few hours' play may be too early to call, but I want to say this game is as close to perfect as makes no difference. It reminds me of Civ in some ways (my only reference point for 4X games). I can't put it down because there's always another mini-project to see through or crisis to avert, and instead of planting or conquering new cities, I'm deploying new buildings and zones.

I don't have any particularly interesting stories to tell playing on easy. My only fatality has been our beloved dog, who was accidentally shot by its owner while under attack from an arctic fox. She'd been trained to haul and will be sadly missed. We magnanimously rescued the fox, but so far it refuses to be tamed and simply paces our headquarters.

We resorted to cannibalism before winter had even properly started. Luckily we hadn't figured out the actual need for a graveyard for dead raiders, and were just dumping their frozen remains over ... there. One by one the colonists sheepishly crept over to the pile, some in the dead of night, returning in bits, mad-eyed.

One thing that did make me laugh was finding out that art is public property, no matter where it's placed. My artist couple placed our second small statue in a corner of their nice new double bedroom. There was already a statue in the living room and a third one in the pipeline, and well, it really tied the room together. Still the guy from across the hall seemed to have no hesitation about walking in at 6am to have a look at it. They'd only just finished making love.

I'm kind of itching to start a whole new run - the early game was always my favourite part of Civ - but we've come through thick and thin and it seems wrong to quit. Also I'm still learning more and more every minute, so it only makes sense to keep capitalising and be all the richer in the next run.

Sarcasm

+2 Comfortable Bed
+4 Well Fed
-4 Saw a funny shaped rock
-8 Stubbed a toe
-16 Firefly got canceled
-25 Loved one died...18 years ago
-7 Room has corners
-11 Floor isn't made of diamonds

You forgot about the loved one part

-15 Friend died
-10 Somebody died

lol

Thraktor

False alarm, it appears I was being a colossal idiot. "Create stone blocks" does come up next to "Add bill", but it looked like a tooltip rather than a clickable button, so I was just hammering away at "Add bill" like a moron.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I played a few years ago before they had weather, etc. Did the gameplay change much since then? I'll probably wait until it's 1.0 aka out of early access to play again but I was just wondering if there's anything significant to how the game evolves since then. For me it was like Civilization. I played 3-4 times then felt like I had experienced the core gameplay enough.

I played a few years ago before they had weather, etc. Did the gameplay change much since then? I'll probably wait until it's 1.0 aka out of early access to play again but I was just wondering if there's anything significant to how the game evolves since then. For me it was like Civilization. I played 3-4 times then felt like I had experienced the core gameplay enough.

There are a couple of different scenarios now instead of just crashlanded on planet with 3 people.

Teletraan1

Banned
Thanks for the tips earlier in the thread about changing the priorities to manual and weight them yourself. Having someone set to cleaner has let me avoid some of the problems I was having with rampant sickness since the default has nobody cleaning unless you are letting everyone idle. I loaded some old save and the entire inside of my building was just wall to wall blood, go figure people are getting sick lol.

Steiner84

Thanks for the tips earlier in the thread about changing the priorities to manual and weight them yourself. Having someone set to cleaner has let me avoid some of the problems I was having with rampant sickness since the default has nobody cleaning unless you are letting everyone idle. I loaded some old save and the entire inside of my building was just wall to wall blood, go figure people are getting sick lol.

yes. very important to have your med bay always clean. dirt in the med bay raises the chance of infection. Also if you have the spare silver, build sterile tiles in your med bay.

Sarcasm

1) How to remove sand from the floor? Smoothing the floor smoothed it, but didn't remove the sand. Remove floor does nothing. The guy that only has 1 in cleaning doesn't clean it?

2) How to make a centralized heating and cooling for my colonists base? Getting slept in heat but i don't really want to make six plus AC units. Like this:

3) I set up a butchering table and have stuff hunted. The only way the stuff gets done is if I tell the guy to prioritize it via clicking him and on table. It is cook skill or what?

4) I haven't done operations yet but I am worried, what is the best way to prepare before it happens? I have been researching stuff.

5) Tailoring....I set up a bench. Electric one. In bills I just see basic parts, so it doesn't matter what type of "cloth" you get? They all get the same stuff? Doesn't matter if muffalo or alpaca cloth? Or am I missing something research wise...

Steiner84

1) not sure what you mean. If its dirt, then it gets cleaned. Some things arent dirt. In your lower left bedroom are two spots. That is not dirt and doesnt lower the beauty.

2) with vents, like in your picture. if its too hot, 1 AC isnt ebough. Build more.

3) butchering is a cooking skill

4) nothing particular. have your best doctor do it. generally at some point you want to have hospital beds instead of ordinary beds, sterile floors and vital monitors.

5) in the details of the bill you can set and restrict certain materials. I wouldnt waste devilstrand, synthread or hyperweave when your tailor is low skilled. you can see the particular attributes of materials on the info page of each.

Top Bottom