• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP Seattle gum wall 1995-2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
GVMvZBQ.jpg

can any of ya'll spot it?
No. But I'm assuming I'm looking for a condom, tampon or razor blade.

Kubiubo

I think the gum wall is important to the culture of the city. The people of Seattle historically have been powerful at keeping things intact, like when they voted to demolish Pike Place. It's good that they're at least allowing it to come back. It's more than just gum.

I think the gum wall is important to the culture of the city. The people of Seattle historically have been powerful at keeping things intact, like when they voted to demolish Pike Place. It's good that they're at least allowing it to come back. It's more than just gum.

It is more than just gum; there's grime, dirt, and disease too! XD

PInk Tape

Banned
It's gross but still kinda cool.

How did that exist for 20 years though? I would have expected something like that to be gone in less than a week.

Harpuia

No!! No to everyone saying its a shame!! That wall looks abhorrent. Fuuuuuck that. God I bet itll feel so satisfying for the people cleaning the wall. Uuuuuuuuuugh that thing is disgusting, who cares if its been there for so long.

Flintty

I never knew this existed!

1. It cant be that unsanitary, it is steamed regularly.

2. The irony of the writer for that new piece tickled me :D

Foffy

Banned
If one was able to have gum chewed and put on the wall without it being put in one's mouth, that would be cool art.

Otherwise it seems like a cesspit of human mouth activity on a wall. A cavity, if you will.

Seen this thing many times while visiting Seattle. Don't particularly care for it and I personally think it's pretty nasty. Good riddance. I'm sure all the hipsters in Seattle are starting up a petition as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom