• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP United Front Games

Hopefully everyone finds work. I don't see why not, seeing as they're a brilliant studio - and they made a game that completely embarrasses any GTA in the open-world crime genre in so many respects, despite the odds being against them (fuck you Activision).

Ugh.

Damn shame :( Smash and Go actually seems pretty competent; hope it still has a life ahead of it!

Edit: Well shit, seems that you can't even get the game anymore on Steam.

God, it's never good for companies to go out of business. I never played Sleeping Dogs but I heard great things about it, it was a cool idea for a setting, and my friend was rooting for a sequel. There goes that dream.

All the best for its staff members.

WillyFive

I loved the idea of Modnation Racers so much; the track creator they created was fantastic.

1195254-modnation_racers14.jpg

1195267-modnation_racers26.jpg

250px-United_Front_Games.jpg

daegan

No! Man this is such a bummer. I feel for everyone displaced and hope they find work soon and together if that's what they'd like. Crazy talent.

Tapejara

Fuck man, such a talented studio too. Between Modnation, LBP Karting and Sleeping Dogs they gave me many hours of great gaming last gen. Sad to see them go :(.

FUUUUUUCK!!!!!

Sleeping Dogs is still one of the best games of that style even years removed from it....

Somehow this is Triad Wars fault. i'm pulling this from my ass but i need something to blame

Kuni

Man... this one sucks big time. I really wish Squennix just green lit Sleepy Dogs 2. The original was so good! And a first time open world effort from them.

Best of luck to everyone effected. The talent from that studio is great so hopefully all will land on their feet.

M*A*S*H

FUUUUUUCK!!!!!

Sleeping Dogs is still one of the best games of that style even years removed from it....

Somehow this is Triad Wars fault. i'm pulling this from my ass but i need something to blame

Blame squeenix, they weren't interested in a sequel. The feckless morons.

CHC

That's really sad.

I still think if they were able to bet it all on a bigger, better Sleeping Dogs sequel, things might have turned out differently. But that's not their fault.

Wait didn't they just announce a game? I guess that game was a last ditch at getting enough funding to keep rolling? This really sucks for UFG, just trying to work out where the announcement came from with this impending at the time.

Tohsaka

Damn, that's a shame. Sucks that they made such a great game in Sleeping Dogs and weren't able to make a real sequel.

Top Bottom