• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - High-Res Screenshots

x-Lundz-x

I know, Kagari. I just want it the moment it initially releases. :(

Curious, why do you not want an Xbox One (besides not wanting/able to spend the money obviously)? I went from Xbox 360 to PS4 this gen but I still have an Xbox One for the exclusives. Lots of good games coming for the XB1, even if you just play the exclusives on it..

Fezan

Looks like if someone posted this gen chracter model on last gen game. Huge disappointment after how good tr looked

I hate to sound pessimistic, but why WOULD it be different to the last game? It sold a bunch of copies and favored well with the mainstream audience and critics. In this day and age with the ever rising cost of development, they're not going to take any risks and will attempt to appeal to the widest politically correct demographic. They won't stray from a formula that has clearly worked for them, AKA - 'The Uncharted clone'
yeah, but releasing now head-to-head I would hope they try to differentiate the title a bit. But yeah, I'm sure it will cater to sales trends.

Ironic, because Uncharted was originally coined "Dude Raider". My how the times change.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do you know for how long ? One year ?

Of course Square Enix won't say no to PC/PS4 profits but how long will we have to wait is the question I'm not expecting them to answer.

I'll be surprised if it's more than six months.

Genio88

looks great, they're still scans though, good quality but scans, can't wait to see a first gameplay video instead, i hope it won't take till E3 to see it

It's obvious is a Cross gen title. It's coming out Holiday 2015 and against blockbusters no doubt.

If this is what we can expect in the looks department UC4 will mop the floor with it in that department a long with any other game releasing in that period. They were honestly better off making this game a Next Gen exclusive.

Well the only reason why it's even a cross gen title is due the relatively small amount of gen 8 consoles right now. Put that in with the Microsoft exclusivity deal for the holidays on a console with a smaller install base it's in squares best decision to be cross gen.

Additionally wouldn't be cross gen in the same way shadow of mordor is with a whole different studio doing the 360 port?

Besides the ps4 version is next year along with the PC version where it will more than look to everyone s expectations.

Moreover, to finish I will add that this negativity to a game that looks this good is really ridiculous. Graphics are upped by UC 4 though any PS4 exclusive Will always out do a Xbox one in the graphics.

CD saying this game isn't developed with last gen in mind is pure marketing speak. If you think they aren't sharing assets with Nixxes, I don't know what to say.

All this cross gen speak just because this doesn't look as good as U4?

Unrealistic expectations. The game doesn't look like some cross gen launch shit. It's coming at the end of 2015.... and it looks great, and about as good as I've seen on the platform.

DarkPhoenix

Neo Member
I'm satisfied now that we can see a new location, if I'm not wrong is Petra, Jordania, the texture and graphics at least look better than the last time, and he face maybe is different because maybe the picked a new girl for model.

Journey

Banned
She looks more like the superior original character model to me rather than the botoxed definitive edition.

Agreed, improvements around the eyes and lips imo.

gt_massive_thumb_TombRaiderDefEd_640x360.jpg

gOk3IW0.jpg

shandy706

I don't want to nit pick cause I think the visuals look fine but I just got done playing TLOU recently and her textures honestly don't look that much better than Ellies in the
WINTER Chapter

At a distance maybe. Get in close and there's a LOT more going on in Lara's jacket.

ibxuO7X8V5pt3c.png

It's not unusual for the majority to not realize the technical side of what's going on texture/lighting wise in say the image on the left versus the one on the right.

I'm not saying it's a drop jaw looker, but people are blind to a lot of things when it comes to what an engine is doing technically from game to game. Heck, the texture resolution alone is far greater than last gen. It's made muddy at a distance for other reasons.

Eh

Kezen

Banned
I'll be surprised if it's more than six months.

6 months being the exclusivity windows or PC/PS4 version releasing 6 months after the Xbox skus ?

I doubt it's the latter since you need to account for announcement + marketing. I doubt they would announce the game 4 months after it releases on Xbox.

I think (but I hope I'm wrong as I refuse to play an inferior version of one of my most anticipated game) fall 2016 is the most realistic window.

I'll wait as long as I need to experience this game the way it's meant to be played.

IIRC all the hints point to 6 months
Where have you read that ? I'd sure like it to be 6 months !

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I dunno why anyone is using PS4 exclusives as a point of comparison. Xbone is a whole lot weaker and the game is cross-gen, of course it's not going to look as good as top-drawer PS4 games. Personally I think it looks pretty good, easily among the best Xbone games.

Bl@de

Why do they keep changing the look? The first remake version still remains the best. Now they are going more and more for the supermodel doll look.

At a distance maybe. Get in close and there's a LOT more going on in Lara's jacket.

It's not unusual for the majority to not realize the technical side of what's going on texture/lighting wise in say the image on the left versus the one on the right.

I'm not saying it's a drop jaw looker, but people are blind to a lot of things when it comes to what an engine is doing technically from game to game. Heck, the texture resolution alone is far greater than last gen. It's made muddy at a distance for other reasons.

Eh

Yeah good point. It definitely looks better I just expected a bit more because of good the last game could look at times.

FATALITY

Banned

Eh

at least find a better pic. that looks like a psvita game

Arklite

Why do they keep changing the look? The first remake version still remains the best. Now they are going more and more for the supermodel doll look.

I thought this version was supposed to use the voice actress' likeness, but doesn't really seem so. They can't stop tweaking her face, it'll probably change again before release.

All this cross gen speak just because this doesn't look as good as U4?

Unrealistic expectations. The game doesn't look like some cross gen launch shit. It's coming at the end of 2015.... and it looks great, and about as good as I've seen on the platform.

Yeah. It looks very nice. Just because it might not look as impressive as U4, doesn't mean it looks poor. On the contrary, it looks pretty excellent visually.

RoKKeR

Good news, hoping it does turn out that way.

I hope MS won't buy this game forver like they did for Titanfall.

They won't. They will use it for a huge promotional blitz during the holidays and then let it release on other platforms after the new year. That's my guess at least.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Good news, hoping it does turn out that way.

I hope MS won't buy this game forver like they did for Titanfall.

I don't think they will. They basically paid for a timed release/marketing costs because they needed something to go up against Uncharted 4 this year.

Damn, am I the only one that thinks it looks good? Visually appealing, on par with Uncharted / The Order imo.

It looks good, but then again, so did the first game. On par with UC and the Order? No, not even close. Doesn't look better than Infamous or KZSF for that matter (or even Ryse). At least, not from these screens.

_woLf

I really am not liking how much they changed her face model in this. Wasn't a fan of the redone face in the "definitive" version of TR2013 either. :(

Top Bottom