• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Risen 3: Titan Lords announced (Piranha Bytes)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

ReaperXL7

Hmm, I would be interested in this if there was a chance at a current gen console version. They did make the previous two for consoles, so it's possible. I enjoyed both games so I am looking forward to seeing what they have planned for this.

Kiru

Crap. I hoped for a Gothic reboot or something like that after getting the license back.

Well... Risen is also pretty dope.

Terra_Ex

Hope its closer to Risen 1 than 2. Titan Lords as the subtitle gives me some hope this may be the case.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hope its closer to Risen 1 than 2. Titan Lords as the subtitle gives me some hope this may be the case.

Same. Loved the original and thought Risen 2 was a bit shit overall despite having an OK time with it.

Labadal

Yes, please. Yes, please. Yes, please.

Risen 2 was a step down from Risen but I still have faith that they will bring back the fun in exploring their world. Also, I hope dodging is functional when the game launches.

syko de4d

Could be godlike like gothic 1 and 2, could be good like Risen1 or shit like the rest. I really hope it will be godlike. I loved Gothic 1 and 2, for me they are two of the best RPGs ever made.

Dennis

Banned
so

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - realistic open-world

Risen 3 - magical, exploration-based open-world

why do they spoil us so?

If Risen 3 isn't based around exploration in a dangerous open-world setting I will throw the mother of all hissy fits.

Eldon

Ooh, another RPG to add to my tally.

I still need to get round to Risen 2 though. A pirate RPG does sound great and the idea of getting your own ship to sail around sounds...

...oh.

Oh well.

It's not a bad game per se, but it is a mediocre game compared to Gothic 1-2 and Risen.

Leb

Risen was a pretty underrated game. I am pleased by this development.

Risen 2, as we all know, never happened and so we shall never speak of it again.

Begaria

*feels sad that he spent $25 on Risen 2 on a steam sale and then never played it*

I bought it, remembering how much fun I had with Risen, then decided to check reviews and opinions after buying it. I made a huge mistake on that one.

Dorfdepp

Neo Member
I saw Risen as a glimmer of hope and PB's first little step towards a bigger and better Risen 2 that was more like the glory that was the Gothic series. But then Risen 2 happened and now I'm very skeptical if they can deliver. But whatever, I'm getting that PC Games mag a little earlier and will post information if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Kiru

*feels sad that he spent $25 on Risen 2 on a steam sale and then never played it*

I bought it, remembering how much fun I had with Risen, then decided to check reviews and opinions after buying it. I made a huge mistake on that one.
Comon man. Risen 1 was better but Risen 2 was really not that bad. You will still enjoy it if you had fun with the Gothic games and the first Risen. Give it a chance!

Anteater

is Risen 1 really that good? I still need to play it, well I played it for a bit but pretty much still in the intro area.

Tanolen

It's all in the combat. A lot of real-time RPGs have dismal combat. Risen 2 takes it to the next level. It isn't just boring, it is actively annoying to struggle through.

The world is still pretty solid though.

I beat it like the first week it was out, but wasnt there a combat patch that was supposed to fix it like risen 1. When i beat it it didnt have block or parry in it.

Dezzy

I didn't really enjoy Risen 2. My love for Risen 1 and Gothic 1+2 however keeps me interested in this one. I'll give PB another chance.

I absolutely LOVE the Gothic and Risen series. Something about making armor and weapons a rare commodity really appeals to me - there's a strong sense of accomplishment. They take forever to obtain.

Risen 1 - incredible. Risen 2 - a step down in nearly every way, but I still enjoyed it - warts and all.

I hope we get next gen versions, ya here me Piranha Bytes, you lovely people you!

KHlover

Banned
Please make this like the pirate version of the Witcher, and not the horror that was Risen 2 :(
Fuck that. Make it the pirate version of Gothic II. They made Night of Raven, which even as a mere expansion of Gothic II is an infinitely better "pirate" game than Risen 2 (not to mention being generally a far better game).

Play the Witcher 3 if you want to play a new Witcher game. No one would benefit by PB trying to rip off CD Red.

The Year of Titans and Falling continues.

TitanAttack
TitanInvasion
Risen 3: Titan Lord
BF4: Titan Mode
TitanFall
TowerFall
Killzone Fall

InPlosion

Humn, are the PB guys still with koch media(Deep silver)?
If so, the publisher has gone on an announcement rampage these recent weeks, Killer is Dead, Sacred 3, and now this.

Top Bottom