• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robert Patrick ‘Willing’ To Return As John Doggett for The X-Files’ Season 11

Cranster

Banned
robert-patrick-doggett-x-files.jpg

In a recent interview with TV Insider, Patrick said that he would be game to return to the show if series creator Chris Carter would invite him to go back. ”I haven't heard from Chris, but I am totally willing to go back if I think it's the right thing to do and if they want me to do it," said Patrick. ”But at this point, no one has asked me anything; I would certainly be interested. But I'm always the last to know with this kind of stuff."

”I certainly loved the experience on ‘The X-Files' [so] I see no reason to not go back and do it," added the 58-year-old actor, who is currently a series regular on CBS' ”Scorpion."

Patrick revealed to the Canadian Press in 2015 that ”The X-Files" producers asked about his availability before filming for Season 10 started. However, he wasn't officially asked to be part of the revival. But even if he got a formal invitation to join Season 10, the actor admitted that he wasn't sure whether he would say yes.

”I had time to think about, ‘Do I want to revisit that character?' and I wasn't so sure I did," Patrick said at the time. ”When I left the show, the show was a hit, it was still doing well in the ratings. I was not sure why they were pulling the plug on it to begin with. And at the time, I was really ready to let that play. I was committed to doing it for five years."

http://www.ibtimes.com/x-files-season-11-robert-patrick-willing-return-john-doggett-2574507

Dsyndrome

Fuck yeah. Enjoyed his skepticism, hopefully won't be bullshit like much of the lore episodes from the last season.

norm9

He got saddled with a bad partner. Thought it was unfair they pretty much exclude his time as part of canon.

Fury451

Banned
He got saddled with a bad partner. Thought it was unfair they pretty much exclude his time as part of canon.

Agree.

His character got shafted by bad writing and a terrible partner. The only highlight of latter season X imo was him.

GDGF

Soothsayer
As long as they're replacing Einstein and Miller.

Actually, Einstein was kind of neat. Partner her with Doggett.

Yeah Doggett is pretty underrated. Stewart is such a great actor, if the writers hadn't mentally checked out by the time he joined it could have been way different.

To this day I still think The X Files should have done a Star Trek approach. Do 7 seasons with a steady cast then wipe the slate clean and start a new series. It got messy when they kept trying to tie dumb storylines together.

Top Bottom