• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robomodo Asked to Inlcude Crash in THPS5 - Couldn't Happen (Not Activision's Fault?)

Please come home Spyro and Crash :(

I understand the sentimentality, and the kid in me wants PS Crash games. I dont think you're referring to ownership either, but i think this would be helpful to know for a majority of people who dont realize it -- technically Crash has never really changed owners. Through mergers over the years, the company 'universal interactive' has become part of Activision. The IP has never been sold.

So ... we're hyped about Crash again?

I can't keep doing this guys ...

Sure you can!

Lucreto

My concern is who would make the game and how will it evolve the gameplay.

The classic Crash gameplay won't hold up to today's standards.

My fear as much as I love Crash will get stuck in the same place Sonic is at.

Modern Crash, in my opinion, would shine as an action adventure game with environmental platforming. I don't think that's too much of a stretch from the original games.

Just lean harder on the action adventure part than the platforming part.

Honestly as a lifelong Crash fan I would kinda welcome having yearly Crash if every 3 out of 5 was decent. Sonic only gets the occasional true stinker.

I understand the sentimentality, and the kid in me wants PS Crash games. I dont think you're referring to ownership either, but i think this would be helpful to know for a majority of people who dont realize it -- technically Crash has never really changed owners. Through mergers over the years, the company 'universal interactive' has become part of Activision. The IP has never been sold.

Then where does Sierra fit in?

Sierra was merged into Vivendi Universal in the mid 2000s and happened to be the publishing label that they used for Crash games.

Danlord

That could be just a wee bit of a stretch, i think. Who knows, may be an homage.

Homage or coincidence or easter egg or teaser; however you frame it, it's there and among the other little things, and now some GAF member teasing; I'm just happy we live in a time where we can realistically dream of a new Crash.

RK128

I'd settle for just Crash in Smash.

Crash - Bashes his way into the Brawl

His moveset has a ton of potential:
-B: Wompa Fruit Launcher (Crash 3)
-Up B: Rocket Pack Boost (Crash 2)
-Side B: Ride Dash (Crash 1; Crash rides a Worthog similar to Wario's bike)
-Down B: Crash Dig (Crash 2; Crash goes into the stage and launches up for a strike)
-A & Side-A: Spin Attack (mirrors how Mega Man's Buster Works; just mash the A button to spin attack)
-Down-A: Side-Kick (Crash 2)
-Up-A: Uppercut of some kind
-Air Attacks: Spin Attacks and some kicks, pressing down-A in the air will ground pound
-Side Smash: Donkey Kick
-Up Smash: Jump Spin Attack
-Down Smash: Hurricane Spin Attack
-Final Smash: Crash Bash; Crash jumps into the screen and throws Cortex into the fighter, with him blasting foes with his blaster and it ends with Crash jumping back into the fighter, grabbing Cortex and throwing him into a TNT Create near other foes, exploding everyone

Well the King's quest went well. And that was by Activision's reborn sister company Sierra. That's probably an indie dev out there that wants to make a Crash game. It could be by fans like the ones who try do a fan game project and got C&D'd, there could be indie devs that could be composed of either ex Naughty Dog staff that worked on crash, or ex viracious vision devs, the Radical Entertainment Crash landed devs, or ex travellers tale devs.

There's possibilities, but time will tell whether it'll happen.

BTW, I should probably mention that Sierra owned Crash and Spyro before they merged with Activision.

I'd personally prefer if Sony/Activision just left that IP in the gaming vault and not taint it any further like Activision did again with Tony Hawk. Unless they are serious about making it really good with the right amount of talent, don't touch it. The days you're talking about are long gone now anyway. Sierra aren't the Activision of today. They are all about investing in only the best and highest possible revenue stream.This isn't like Sly Cooper either where I'd be fine with a new studio who are fans of the IP, taking up the project. This is one of the biggest IPs in gaming history that has been dormant for a long time. Just don't touch it if you cannot commit to it.

The hype will bring the younger generations. And like other people here said, just check the list for best selling PS Classics on PS Blog. Every month Crash 1,2,3 and CTR are there. Most of the times in the top 5. Like you said, it would do just fine, its prob not a game that requires absurds amounts of money anyway.

Possibly. The best selling PS Classics list, I don't know how much accuracy that would indicate here given we don't know how many it sold. I'm sure it will make money, but I'd rather it not go the path of Sonic. I prefer Crash and to a certain extent, Spyro being dead and simply remembered as classics from the past.

Again, this is just me being skeptical. Crash Bandicoot was a pretty big part of my childhood and I've seen enough cringe worthy nonsense being done to both it and Spyro in the last decade. If this is indeed happening, which I personally doubt, I'd want it to make the most spectacular, fan service and sublime polish filled reveal and release ever.

Best wishes.

So a lot of page two is people asking for clarification on who BruceLeeRoy is (in the context of GAF Insiders) and nobody has explained.

So, for me and all the other people asking for clarification, why does "BruceLeeRoy" mean anything? We need some perspective, here.

he's teased some stuff in the past. I would take note of his posts in the future in regards to hints.

Crash - Bashes his way into the Brawl

His moveset has a ton of potential:
-B: Wompa Fruit Launcher (Crash 3)
-Up B: Rocket Pack Boost (Crash 3)
-Side B: Ride Dash (Crash 1; Crash rides a Worthog similar to Wario's bike)
-Down B: Crash Dig (Crash 2; Crash goes into the stage and launches up for a strike)
-A & Side-A: Spin Attack (mirrors how Mega Man's Buster Works; just mash the A button to spin attack)
-Down-A: Side-Kick (Crash 2)
-Up-A: Uppercut of some kind
-Air Attacks: Spin Attacks and some kicks, pressing down-A in the air will ground pound
-Side Smash: Donkey Kick
-Up Smash: Jump Spin Attack
-Down Smash: Hurricane Spin Attack
-Final Smash: Crash Bash; Crash jumps into the screen and throws Cortex into the fighter, with him blasting foes with his blaster and it ends with Crash jumping back into the fighter, grabbing Cortex and throwing him into a TNT Create near other foes, exploding everyone

This is pretty good. The Rocket Pack is from Crash 2, though.

he's teased some stuff in the past. I would take note of his posts in the future in regards to hints.

Are there any specifics? I would like to know the efficacy of his predictions...

Zubz

Banned
Sony, Nintendo, Still-Activision-but-actually-doing-something-beyond-sitting-on-their-hands, it doesn't matter. I'm still feeling like we're gonna see something Crash related real soon, and I'm hype for it.

Sony, Nintendo, Still-Activision-but-actually-doing-something-beyond-sitting-on-their-hands, it doesn't matter. I'm still feeling like we're gonna see something Crash related real soon, and I'm hype for it.

I feel like even if they weren't doing something the past couple of years, all the noise in the media and response, and all the official PlayStation polls Crash has been winning and placing in, and all of the questions and stuff have to build up to "Maybe we should give this a shot" eventually.

"You want Sheamus Sackboy."

5gnup.gif

So is Crash D-Bry in this scenario?

After E3 2015, anything is possible even Half Life 3.

Suppose so..

Tizoc

I can say unequivocally that Activision owns Crash Bandicoot at this time. They just renewed their trademark and service mark for Crash a few weeks ago.

They really ought to do something with the franchise, like I dunno merchandise or something?
I don't get how sales of the PSOne games are worth keeping the license for @_@

EDIT: Actually maybe you could help with something?
Crash and Spyro PSOne games aren't vita compatible for JP accounts now, even on the JP Store they don't show PSVita
Do you happen to have any info on who owns the JP license for publishing these games etc.?

kensama

I can say unequivocally that Activision owns Crash Bandicoot at this time. They just renewed their trademark and service mark for Crash a few weeks ago.

How can you say this without providing any link to prove it?

Plus, two years after the removal of any information about Crash Bandicoot, there is still nothing on the site (just try today and nothing related to Crash is found)

Danlord

Can we, though? :v

We live in a time where saying that Shenmue III and Final Fantasy VII Remake is real and not be laughed off the forum, before E3 2015 that would not have been possible. Sony has shown they are dedicated to listening to the players, and this is a major step up from listening about ports and starting projects, buying IP's are a whole new ballgame but if Sony evaluate the P&L of this purchase and determine it ultimately will be profitable, I think they'd find a way. The fact is, speculation about this is no longer as far fetched as it used to be.

novablue

Banned
That Crash Bandicoot 4 exclusive to Ouya is gonna hurt some people.

Anyway, I think it was a good call not to put him in THPS5, that game has been spyroling out of control.

Nev

Banned
Just lean harder on the action adventure part than the platforming part.

NO.

If they make another Crash it has to be Naughty Dog and if that isn't possible then Sanzaru Games. It has to be basically Crash Bandicoot 2 next gen. No weapons bullshit, no open world garbage and no action crap. Anything else will be miserable rubbish they can avoid even making.

Hektor

I NEED A NEW, PROPER CRASH BANDICOOT IN MY LIFE

Nier: Automata, TLG, Shenmue 3, FF7:Remake all have been announced, it's just a matter of time.

ZarKryn7

NO.

If they make another Crash it has to be Naughty Dog and if that isn't possible then Sanzaru Games. It has to be basically Crash Bandicoot 2 next gen. No weapons bullshit, no open world garbage and no action crap. Anything else will be miserable rubbish they can avoid even making.

Crash 2 was my favorite in the series. So I agree with you.

Top Bottom