• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robomodo Asked to Inlcude Crash in THPS5 - Couldn't Happen (Not Activision's Fault?)

Platy

So ... Sony will announce that now owns Crash Bandicoot, has a new exclusive game and that Crash is on Smash Bros.

Did I read the thread right ?

ZarKryn7

So ... Sony will announce that now owns Crash Bandicoot, has a new exclusive game and that Crash is on Smash Bros.

Did I read the thread right ?

No. You didn't. I really don't expect Sony to buy Crash. Exclusivity deals between Activision.. It might happen. Crash to be in Smash? I don't know. That's up to daddy sakurai. I really didn't expect Ryu and Cloud to be in Smash. Everyone expects it'll happen ever since donkey Kong and bowser are in Skylanders and its supposed to be some kinda trade deal for Crash (& Spyro). And you how sakurai is an advocate of sticking it to its classic roots which gets people even more hyped about it.

How can you say this without providing any link to prove it?

Plus, two years after the removal of any information about Crash Bandicoot, there is still nothing on the site (just try today and nothing related to Crash is found)

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=78377375&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=78377330&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

There you go. The links may expire with the session, in which case I'll show you screenshots. They own Crash.

Son Of D

The boiling hype is infectious. Crash has broken my heart many times, keeping my fingers crossed for a happy ending this time!!

What's up with the talk about Crash in Smash Bros? Something else that was rumoured? Apologies if this is an ignoramus' question ;-)

People say the whole Crash in Smash because of the reactions such an announcement would get. That as well as the whole "Smash was able to get Cloud, Snake and Crash but PS All-Stars couldn't" thing. Not to mention that people who grew up in the 90s would like to see Mario, Sonic and Crash in the same game since they were essentially rivals during that period.

Not to mention that people who grew up in the 90s would like to see Mario, Sonic and Crash in the same game since they were essentially rivals during that period.

It's a longshot pipe dream, but I'd love for it to open the door for a Mario, Sonic and Crash at the Whatever Olympic Games type of thing, or a Trio Mario Party or something.

kensama

Thanks for the link (it works).

By the way if i understand the sturcture of the link the first renewal of the licence was in 2005 and for 10 years in October. So yes activision is forced to renew it (if they don't want to loose it and not obtain money for a buy of it).

But imagine, Sony has a deal to buy the licence to Activision and want to wait PSX in December to announce it, it's clearly not to Sony to register the licence cause it could ruin the surprise.

So what i want to say it's a renewal of the IP is not a a truly source that the IP could come back to Sony..

I insist but on the Activision site in spite of IP renewal, there is no info on Crash game and more... Why? iF Activision own the right why they erased all info concerning Crash?

There actually is one mention of Crash on Activision's website, in the Vicarious Visions information.

It's been asked but does anyone have specific instances of BruceLeeRoy's backlog of teases? Trying to get a handle on how much I should be getting riled up over here.

Castef

Banned
Sony users are not interested in platform games and ignored very good games such as Puppeteer. Why would Sony waste money for buying back Crash and develop the game?

Iacobellis

Sony users are not interested in platform games and ignored very good games such as Puppeteer. Why would Sony waste money for buying back Crash and develop the game?

Puppeteer was ignored because it was one of the numerous games Sony released in 2013 with little to no advertising.

vypek

I'm not so sure that they would/will but if they did I would think that nostalgia and fondness for the already existing franchise would be something that people will readily pay money for should a new game be released. And they would probably push the game pretty decently if its a revival.

Village

Ratchet and clank does fine

The last sly game did pretty good irrc

And there is enough interest in jak for ND to keep giving statements on it.

And as much as hate it, whatever that junk based platformer that came put launch ps4. That did Alright irrc

Maybe puppeteer failed because it just wasnt interesting.

I'm not so sure that they would/will but if they did I would think that nostalgia and fondness for the already existing franchise would be something that people will readily pay money for should a new game be released. And they would probably push the game pretty decently if its a revival.

This is my outlook on the matter. Puppeteer is fine, but it carries nowhere near the name power Crash does.

Playsation fans want Crash The Bandicoot and not substitutions.

I feel like with your username and avatar and posting in Crash threads n' stuff we'd get along. Can we be friends but only in Crash threads? It'll be nice and awkward.

Puppeteer should have been a PS4 launch title over Knack. I know I know, we all love Knack, but Puppeteer deserved the spot and Spotlight.

It was particularly frustrating seeing the name 'crash bandicoot' deliberately used to push Knack despite it under the hood being a different genre. There were and have been actual platformers that could have gotten that push.

TimmiT

I guess this might be relevant to this topic: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...perience-2015-exhibitors-list-playable-games/

Activision has a booth space at PlayStation Experience, while having separate booth spaces for Treyarch and Bungie. Outside of Call of Duty and Destiny expansions, Activision hasn't announced any upcoming games. So why do they have a separate booth space?

Could also just be that the Treyarch and Bungie booth spaces are part of the Activision booth space though.

I guess this might be relevant to this topic: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...perience-2015-exhibitors-list-playable-games/

Activision has a booth space at PlayStation Experience, while having separate booth spaces for Treyarch and Bungie. Outside of Call of Duty and Destiny expansions, Activision hasn't announced any upcoming games. So why do they have a separate booth space?

Could also just be that the Treyarch and Bungie booth spaces are part of the Activision booth space though.
Skylanders lol

As well as any other random budget games they have to show off

there's that Deadpool port I guess

Conduit

Banned
There's a reason

5043326139_55_oh_you_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

GamerJM

Banned

I bought Puppeteer. It wasn't that good. But I'll continue to support platformers just because they need to continue being made.

Seriously guys, support platformers! Buy Tearaway Unfolded and the new Ratchet and Clank game!

Seriously guys, support platformers! Buy Tearaway Unfolded and the new Ratchet and Clank game!

I'm sitting here trying to convince my girlfriend we should buy a PS4 because we're both platformer fanatics and there are several good exclusive platformers on it plus other stuff upcoming we want to play for specifically this purpose.

I have to admit the platform games are quite lacking but some other games are decently good such as Soma and Until Dawn.

I don't know if that booth space thing means much, but I am sort of getting tired of seeing destiny unless they end up going some kind of different route with Destiny 2. Single and multi player that is.

EraErr0r1

Don't worry everyone, Activision has plans for Crash Bandicoot. Now that Robomodo is free, they'll be taking the reigns of development. Assisted by High Voltage software.

Crash BandiConduit: Ride.

Sorry.

They just need crash to break through a foam wall that looks insane like little foam blocks thats 20 feet high and 10 feet thick. Use cannons and fans to blow it out all at once, make it look ridiculously crazy with foam blocks from the wall burring the crowd and crash dancing on.stage. Instant hit. Psx baby

They just need crash to break through a foam wall that looks insane like little foam blocks thats 20 feet high and 10 feet thick. Use cannons and fans to blow it out all at once, make it look ridiculously crazy with foam blocks from the wall burring the crowd and crash dancing on.stage. Instant hit. Psx baby

This gave me a vision of a giant crate on stage the whole show, and all the Sony guys spend all night getting distracted by it. Finally, at the end of the show, Shawn Layden just goes "okay, what the hell is in that box?" and after a few seconds of silence out comes the guy in the Crash suit. "Doooon't worry boss, I got it. This is kinda my specialty." Crash opens the box, and inside is a hard drive labeled 'secret last second trailer'. Layden tells Crash to rush it back to the techs in back, "quick, before the show ends!" Crash runs backstage and after 30 seconds, a trailer for the new Crash Bandicoot game runs, and Layden signs off the show.

Your version sounds more 80s and mine sounds more ridiculous. I have to go with woah.. Damn dudes in the audience can't be seen jackass gif version though lol

Camjo-Z

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that when your wildest hopes and dreams and completely and utterly crushed at PSX tomorrow, there's always room for more in the "Perpetually Depressed Fans of Aging PS1 Characters Who Will Never See A Proper Resurgence" fan club. We meet Tuesdays at 8:30, and there are refreshments. See you there!

tumblr_mx34cydNA31ry1z4no1_500.jpg

Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that when your wildest hopes and dreams and completely and utterly crushed at PSX tomorrow, there's always room for more in the "Perpetually Depressed Fans of Aging PS1 Characters Who Will Never See A Proper Resurgence" fan club. We meet Tuesdays at 8:30, and there are refreshments. See you there!

Your club sucks. Have you learned nothing from Parappa? :V

SNURB

Your version sounds more 80s and mine sounds more ridiculous. I have to go with woah.. Damn dudes in the audience can't be seen jackass gif version though lol
Wat.

Honestly, the guy in the Crash costume is probably the most likely thing that would happen if a game was announced. He was on the face of everything PlayStation into the 2000s and the ads are still fondly remembered.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Y2Kev can be your leader.

Wat.

Honestly, the guy in the Crash costume is probably the most likely thing that would happen if a game was announced. He was on the face of everything PlayStation into the 2000s and the ads are still fondly remembered.

Exactly. Sierra and Radical Entertainment kept using suit Crash up until the games stopped being made. That ad series is as iconic as the franchise itself.

I can never tell if this gif is supposed to be a good or bad reaction but it's hilarious either way.

SNURB

Jeebus, what's with all the Crash hate?

Can't we all just set aside our petty squabbles and become friends?

As much as I want a new Crash game, I just can't see it happening. But 24 hours ago I would have said the same thing about Psychonauts 2 and here we are.

I don't know if I could emotionally handle both of those things being announced in one week.

As much as I want a new Crash game, I just can't see it happening. But 24 hours ago I would have said the same thing about Psychonauts 2 and here we are.

I don't know if I could emotionally handle both of those things being announced in one week.

I only really played Psychonauts once or twice (but to completion) but I liked it enough that I got goosebumps and chills last night over it. But I am quite possibly one of the biggest Crash fans in the world, and If Crash comes back this week too... jeez.

Top Bottom