• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock and Roll HOF 2017: Tupac Shakur, Joan Baez, ELO, Journey, Pearl Jam, and Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cars? I mean, they aren't terrible, but were they pioneers? Were they the best of their genre? Were they the biggest acts of their day. I'd put them there with Night Ranger or Stone Temple Pilots, solid bands, but not outstanding.. Then again, I'd say the same with Steppenwolf and Jane's Addiction, who are also on the list.

On the flip side, it's astounding that given how influential they are, Joan Baez, MC5, and Kraftwerk weren't already in there.

Night Ranger. lol. I actually like Night Ranger better than The Cars. The Cars was always a baffling band to me. They were kinda like the cool college band in the early 80s but I always found them boring. The press would always play up their musicianship, virtuoso alumni musicians of Berklee College of Music and all that. Sure they wrote great pop songs, but I was never blown away by their instrumental prowess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom