• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Basch

I apologize if this has been asked already but does anybody know if wireless ps3 rock band 2 guitar and microphone work for xbox one? My brother picked up xbox one version and I have ps3 version of rb2 equipment I'm no longer using.

Bsigg12

I apologize if this has been asked already but does anybody know if wireless ps3 rock band 2 guitar and microphone work for xbox one? My brother picked up xbox one version and I have ps3 version of rb2 equipment I'm no longer using.

They guitar won't, and the mic will as long as it's USB.

No, they won't. Xbox uses differen't wireless tech so they aren't compatible.

WIRED mics should work cross-platform though.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
The one from Friday I'm In Love made it the best instance of that song I've ever gone through. It was a-mazing

For all the missing in Rock Band 4, singalongs returning is a breath of fresh air.
Yep. I'm so glad they brought them for the on disc setlist. <3

HOPING that the DLC has them too. <3

GC71388

If anyone has a rockband 2 export code id truly appreciate it. Ive tried support about 10 times and haven't had any success. Thanks

So some of the songs that say $1.99 that I'm positive that I bought were able to be installed when clicked on... but in my haste, I accidentally bought DLC that I didn't want (Maiden is great, but I just don't have to have that song). Wasted cash that could have been used for Gimme Chocolate :c

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Download/History

Scroll through your addons
You can just click it and hold page down till it fully loads
then Ctrl+F for Rock Band 2

Thanks, so I found the purchase history, now what?

edit: I'm also finding a ton of songs that I purchased in the RB2 era that are still showing $1.99 in RB4.

Nice. It's called "Rock Band 2 Export Pack"

Also, Rock Band Export is called "Rock Band Song Export Key"

clicking them brings up PAGE NOT FOUND

banjo5150

I am having calibration issues. I had instances where the calibration is perfect then mid song it goes out of wack. Anyone see this? Also I hope I don't sound dumb here but say I calibrate using my guitar is that calibration a global calibration as in the only one I need to do, or do I need to calibrate each instrument? Thanks

ViciousDS

Banned
I am having calibration issues. I had instances where the calibration is perfect then mid song it goes out of wack. Anyone see this? Also I hope I don't sound dumb here but say I calibrate using my guitar is that calibration a global calibration as in the only one I need to do, or do I need to calibrate each instrument? Thanks

Grab drum cal and the auto cal for guitar.....compare numbers and finding a middle ground is usually best.

However you should only have to use the guitar

Vargas

Just got this message after trying to play a DLC song:

"The song data you were accessing has become unavailable, and the game cannot proceed without it. Your game session has restarted. Note that clearing your son cache from the Options menu may fix this issue"

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
So I know it's probably an obvious copyright issue, but is there any place you can stream this and retain the game audio? I just tried to stream via twitch so my friend could see, and he said there wasn't any audio. (PS4)

Tried to stream via YouTube, but there's an error every time. Probably cuz it knows it's rock band huh lol

Ashilyn

Everyone keeps talking about Rock Band 2 and Green Day exports, but how hard is it to get a Lego export, if it's at all possible? I only ever owned that game used, and beyond that it vanished when I moved last year. Game had some rad songs I'd love to keep in RB4 :(

Kolma

So I know it's probably an obvious copyright issue, but is there any place you can stream this and retain the game audio? I just tried to stream via twitch so my friend could see, and he said there wasn't any audio. (PS4)

Tried to stream via YouTube, but there's an error every time. Probably cuz it knows it's rock band huh lol

It's just an error with the PS4 version. no audio on streams.
you aren't alone.

Kolma

Everyone keeps talking about Rock Band 2 and Green Day exports, but how hard is it to get a Lego export, if it's at all possible? I only ever owned that game used, and beyond that it vanished when I moved last year. Game had some rad songs I'd love to keep in RB4 :(

Lego Rock Band, Green Day Rock Band and the Beatles Rock Band are 100% impossible to export.

On the bright side if you are a Bon Jovi fan you can buy his DLC stand alone.
And all Green Day tracks were released stand alone.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Played a bit today. Quick impressions:

1) Game plays great. Guitar is excellent. Drums are pretty good but my IONs will be sorely missed.
2) Got most of my DLC downloaded, like 5 or fewer songs don't give me credit for owning them. We'll see if that gets fixed with any speed. Considering how insane a task this probably was, I'm happy with how it's turned out.
3) Freestyle solos are really cool. I'll still want to play the actual notes a lot of the time, but this does a great job of letting you kind of jam along and make it sound pretty good.
4) So many missing features, it's a real shame. If they add a lot of them back in I'l be very happy with the game. Aside from the obvious (practice mode etc) I really hope they sort out the custom characters with more options and setting permanent custom stand-ins. The fact that I can't recreate my characters from past games is pretty upsetting.

Looking forward to playing more and seeing how this develops as far as patches and DLC.

Ashilyn

Lego Rock Band, Green Day Rock Band and the Beatles Rock Band are 100% impossible to export.

Sadness! Ah well. I already have Green Day, thankfully. I'll miss some of those songs, but it's not a huge loss in the long run.

So still working out the kinks of downloading all my old DLC - I went through the in-game store and "purchased" most of the songs I already had, but I noticed they weren't downloaded yet. Is there a way to make the game/system download everything I've purchased, or do I have to go into the PSN store itself to start the download of each individual song? (Because that would be a pain in my ass, I'm guessing that's my only option.)

It costs like 80 dollars to buy all the Green Day dlc though

So.. I have rock band 1 and 2 on xbox 360. I bought this for Xbox 1. I have to buy an export key for rb1 songs?

Also I thought the nipples came with the set to put on the drumsticks? I swore I read that somewhere!

So far so good, missing exports aside and it not remembering I bought all the doors stuff. I will dig through my purchase history and notify harmonix on that tomorrow.

Free style solos are cool!

Is there much official word from Harmonix on DLC errors? A fair amount of my stuff isn't showing up correctly.

Also: What's the deal with Green Day? Do we have to wait for an export with that, or does having the export on file enable the later-released standalone DLC for the disc songs to be nabbed?

Ashilyn

Is there much official word from Harmonix on DLC errors? A fair amount of my stuff isn't showing up correctly.

Also: What's the deal with Green Day? Do we have to wait for an export with that, or does having the export on file enable the later-released standalone DLC for the disc songs to be nabbed?

As far as I can tell on Xbox One, we have to wait for the export. When I tried to get some of the Green Day tracks earlier, it wanted me to pay despite owning the export. It's stupid that that wasn't sorted out better when all of the Green Day and Blitz tracks are available outside the export, but so it goes.

Kolma

New update to my Jane issue

Now apparently I own All the Rage Back Home by Interpol...
Xbox.com doesn't say I own it but RB4 says I do...
Time to uninstall it and see if I really do get to keep it..

*yep...
Officially own All the Rage Back Home now... deleted it and reinstalled it from the Xbox One console marketplace.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
OK. Anyone else having trouble activating overdrive with a GH guitar? I always gotta press the button to activate overdrive cuz tilting the guitar doesn't work.

big_z

So if I have a wired 360 guitar it'd work for the PS4 version?

I would also like to know if this works but im guessing no.

I think the reason the mic works across platforms is because its nothing more than a mic inside requiring a controller for all input. All the other instruments have actual controller guts inside.

Im considering returning my order and holding off to see if wired instrument support comes and to let harmonix flesh out a relatively bare bones package a bit.

Gleethor

Anyone else find Cedarwood Road to be really quiet on guitar? I swear it fades out after the intro like it's really poorly mixed all of a sudden.

Hawk269

Half the songs I KNOW I bought, are showing up as $2. Bullshit.

Did you click on it and make sure? It is doing the same to me, but when I select the song, I get a message that I need to install the song. The Rock Band Store within the game pretty much sucks since it does not properly update or show what you already purchased or what is installed. It does it for some, but others are messed up.

_woLf

If it's the new instruments just hold the guide button for 10 seconds.
Old instruments... batteries.

Awesome, thanks :)

A ton of DLC songs I have in RB3 are in RB4 store but it doesn't say I own them. I assume they're still working on fixing all of those...? I sure hope so, because it's quite a few songs. :/

Apologies if this has been posted but is there any way to shut the guitar off on Xbox One? Holding the guide button only gives the option to turn the console off.

Also, the dpad on the guitar is inverted and no, I am not using lefty mode. Is this normal? Really annoying having to press up to go down...

Edit:D'oh! Just saw the answer to turning off guitars a few posts above. Ignore that. Still curious about the dpad though.

Psymatiq

Neo Member
Just got a update notice on XB1

that i would update Jane - jefferson starship

but what it really does atm is updating every dlc track with new file art. Guess they fucked up the song ID or something. All the other preoder DLC works now tho. Babymetal = awesome as hell.

this list is clearly missing snoop dogg!

not many people got snoop dog and it was pulled pretty fast... i got it all tho :p

Kolma

Apologies if this has been posted but is there any way to shut the guitar off on Xbox One? Holding the guide button only gives the option to turn the console off.

Also, the dpad on the guitar is inverted and no, I am not using lefty mode. Is this normal? Really annoying having to press up to go down...

Edit:D'oh! Just saw the answer to turning off guitars a few posts above. Ignore that. Still curious about the dpad though.

They've always made the d-pad inverted because while you are wearing it down would be the button closer to the ground. (versus when you hold it up to look at it)

hodgy100

I had a quick look at dlc last night (EU) and it most definitely didn't register that I had already bought the all that remains dlc :(

Why is green day and Lego a no go? I don't see why those are any less licenseable than anything else...did harmonix actually comment on it?

Top Bottom