• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Kolma

Why is green day and Lego a no go? I don't see why those are any less licenseable than anything else...did harmonix actually comment on it?

export license for those ran out.
Lego Rock Band was a split venture between WB, Telltale Games, MTV Games and Harmonix.

People should have really bought it when it came out instead of dismissing it as a kids game. It had a lot of good songs and had a lot of fun level themes.

Am I an idiot or are the:

-Rockband 1
-Rockband 2
-Lego Rockband
-ACDC
-Greenday Rockband
-Rockband blitz

Exports all not available yet? Some of the songs are there but I won't pay for them unless I have to.

**NOTE: I exported all of them on the 360 already**

Kolma

Am I an idiot or are the:

-Rockband 1
-Rockband 2
-Lego Rockband
-ACDC
-Greenday Rockband
-Rockband blitz

Exports all not available yet? Some of the songs are there but I won't pay for them unless I have to.

**NOTE: I exported all of them on the 360 already**

For the Umpteenth time.
Exports are not available.
You are seeing the Blitz and GDRB songs that were released as regular DLC.

C4Lukins

Wow it is not like riding a bike. I was at the point where I could beat just about everything on hard outside of the crazier songs, but not anymore. I am failing on some guitar songs on medium. That being said it has been about 4 years since I picked up a plastic guitar, and I am getting the hang of it fast.

Anyone the Xone version add C4lukin, no s as a friend. I need more friends to compete with.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hrm, if they lost the license for Lego and Green Day, do you still get credit for owning the individual songs if you ever exported those games back in the day?

export license for those ran out.
Lego Rock Band was a split venture between WB, Telltale Games, MTV Games and Harmonix.

People should have really bought it when it came out instead of dismissing it as a kids game. It had a lot of good songs and had a lot of fun level themes.

Uhh excuse me if I'm wrong but the export license ran out for literally all of the games at this point

Kolma

Uhh excuse me if I'm wrong but the export license ran out for literally all of the games at this point

RB1 and RB2 can still both be exported.
RB2 just requires strong arming EA for a code.

Lego and GD are totally gone.

Blitz exports just by buying it. and all Track Packs (if you want to count those as exports) are still good to go (Only way to get AC/DC songs)
Then again.. you could always contact EA for the track pack codes too.

evanmisha

For some reason or other, GDRB is much more difficult for EA reps to generate a code for than RB2 or any of the track packs. It's unclear why. There is likely some internal limitation.

Additionally, LRB wasn't published by EA and while WB were for a time giving out replacement codes, they are now wholly aware of the situation and refuse to generate more.

EDIT: Is it insane then that I got a Green Day Rock Band code from EA this morning? The rep did allude to it being a big deal that I got it, but so did the dude who got me my RB2 code, so I figured it wasn't anything special.

RB1 and RB2 can still both be exported.
RB2 just requires strong arming EA for a code.

Lego and GD are totally gone.

Blitz exports just by buying it. and all Track Packs (if you want to count those as exports) are still good to go (Only way to get AC/DC songs)
Then again.. you could always contact EA for the track pack codes too.

It's still expired... Just because you can technically get it doesn't mean it's not expired

Raide

On one hand I am happy I got my Band in the Box for RB4. On the other hand I should have waited till the export stuff and install issues are sorted. Was going to have a last minute RB party with friends but things just don't seem right yet.

amlabella

Anyone having trouble with strumming down on the new PS4 guitar? I thought my calibration was off for a while, but it seems like I only miss occasional notes when I strum down. Strumming up is just fine.

Ibuki

Banned
From a EA support rep when asking for a RB2 export code:

James
That was before but iwthin the last few months, the codes that we are generating are already not working. first, the codes are showing invalid in their end then this month, the system is giving us error already, giving too much information right?

No matter how many times I try, I get a different answer on why they cannot generate codes. Are they pulling my leg? Or did no one else get one in the last few days? This is becoming such a pain in the ass.

lentini

wait so how I export rb2 on XB1 plz help

9ed3d391b7cae90692ef1f620a14a272.jpg

evanmisha

It's still expired... Just because you can technically get it doesn't mean it's not expired

The licensing deal expired. Their ability to generate working codes for content they control did not. Of course, this likely violates the licensing deal, but they're doing it.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood you. Yes, all of the exports sans Rock Band Blitz have expired.

Psymatiq

Neo Member
You account still processed and paid the $5 fee so you still have a "key" attached to your account.
Would work just like any other export

What i really meant was that RB1 out of all the games ripped the songs from the disc which propely was in the license agreement with the bands. If they do it with a pack through xbl/psn it would mean a new license agreement right?

aka it might not work

lentini

If they do it with a pack through xbl/psn it would mean a new license agreement right?

No, it'll still be for use in a future Rock Band game which was probably in the original licensing agreement, it just won't be available to buy which WOULD need a new agreement.

The licensing deal expired. Their ability to generate working codes for content they control did not. Of course, this likely violates the licensing deal, but they're doing it.

EDIT: I think I misunderstood you. Yes, all of the exports sans Rock Band Blitz have expired.

So why would RBGD or LRB less likely to carry forward?

Neil_J_UK

I was having a bit of a nightmare with the RB4 guitar last night, seemed to be dropping tons of notes after doing the auto calibration. I did it again and it went from 150 ms to 300, and it's like night and day, so much better. So it might be worth re-calibrating.

TheStig88

Wow it is not like riding a bike. I was at the point where I could beat just about everything on hard outside of the crazier songs, but not anymore. I am failing on some guitar songs on medium. That being said it has been about 4 years since I picked up a plastic guitar, and I am getting the hang of it fast.

Anyone the Xone version add C4lukin, no s as a friend. I need more friends to compete with.
No kidding. Guitar was always my instrument of choice so I'm sliding back into that pretty easily, but drums... oh drums. I look at the charts on expert and I ask myself how I ever played any of it. Undecipherable walls of gibberish right now. It is painful.

evanmisha

So why would RBGD or LRB less likely to carry forward?

You can't compare LRB with the others as easily since it's not published by EA. GDRB could be a case of the license agreement being different than others, or perhaps that EA support reps are somehow generating RB2 and track pack codes through an old workaround that was closed before GDRB released. There are many possibilities.

EDIT: Did I misunderstand you again? Perhaps you're assuming that LRB and GDRB might not make it to RB4? The chances of that are slim, especially with regard to GDRB which k can imagine would be the easiest to bring forward, alongside Blitz.

A very stupid question but owners of Rock Band on Xbox One but can you use any headset to sing or does it need to be a microphone? Never bought band in a box as it was too expensive and other half wants to sing

You can't compare LRB with the others as easily since it's not published by EA. GDRB could be a case of the license agreement being different than others, or perhaps that EA support reps are somehow generating RB2 and track pack codes through an old workaround that was closed before GDRB released. There are many possibilities.

EDIT: Did I misunderstand you again? Perhaps you're assuming that LRB and GDRB might not make it to RB4? The chances of that are slim, especially with regard to GDRB which k can imagine would be the easiest to bring forward, alongside Blitz.

What does EA have to do with any of this licensing? Honestly, the ties are cut ifEAwere a part of this we would have nothing.

All good on the guitar

The New Guitar is lovely - remember Mad Catz sold the old moulds and template designs for scrap a few weeks before Harmonix got in touch about RB4.

It's nice to hold, the buttons are good, and the strum bar and tilt functions are much improved.

Only a slight improvement over The Beatles guitar, but beats the old Strat hands down.

Neil_J_UK

This seems to help it a bit

Credit to reddit

Yeah, seems like you need to depress the pedal way more than in past RB games to register the end of the input, which is causing people to fail quick double bass hits as you don't usually lift your foot up more than about an inch.

So how many songs do we get when the exports finally show up?

Well, for me:

Rock Band 1: 59
Rock Band 2: 84
Lego RB: 45
ACDC: 18
RB Blitz: 25

Subtotal: 231 (Give or take a few, delisted songs, yada.)

Now lets be optimistic and add in RB3: 83.

Total: 314 more songs! Most of them bought already. I don't know about you but I hope we don't have to wait very long for these. After all, we paid for them and they were promised us.

alouette

It seems, something went wrong with the "band in a box"- version over here in germany (Xbox one). It's nowhere available, even amazon couldn't deliver on release day. And it' s still not available today via amazon or the local stores...so I think, I'll have to wait a few more days?!
Somebody told me, there's actually a new company doing the logistics for this game...

ViciousDS

Banned
Yeah, seems like you need to depress the pedal way more than in past RB games to register the end of the input, which is causing people to fail quick double bass hits as you don't usually lift your foot up more than about an inch.

It's the drum set doing it though. Old pedal on new set gives same results for almost everyone. New pedal on old set doesn't show the same issue

Neil_J_UK

I can't remember if I ever exported Lego RB... does it show in your download history anywhere? If so, guess I didn't as I can't see it.

Yoshi88

So, are the songs from export codes/ export codes themselves included in the DLC you can't access if you switched from XBOX to PS (opposed to "normal" DLC)? Or could i use my export codes from the 360 versions to download the RB1/2/Lego Songs onto my PS4?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but this whole DLC/Legacy complexity gets really confusing if you're not following this thread 24/7, so sorry in advance for the possible redundancy.

So, are the songs from export codes/ export codes themselves included in the DLC you can't access if you switched from XBOX to PS (opposed to "normal" DLC)? Or could i use my export codes from the 360 versions to download the RB1/2/Lego Songs onto my PS4?

I'm sure this has been asked before, but this whole DLC/Legacy complexity gets really confusing if you're not following this thread 24/7, so sorry in advance for the possible redundancy.

Nothing will transfer/work between platforms. That goes for instruments/dlc/exports/codes. You have to stick with the same console family to keep your old stuff.

chunk3rvd

Guitar and game (PS4) just arrived at my work. Fantastic deal as it worked out at less than £80 with cashback through Bespoke Offers. Surprised it came so quick as we only ordered it on Sunday. Only downside is it's my Christmas present off the Mrs and I now have to wait 78 days to play it! :(

Yaari

Guitar and game (PS4) just arrived at my work. Fantastic deal as it worked out at less than £80 with cashback through Bespoke Offers. Surprised it came so quick as we only ordered it on Sunday. Only downside is it's my Christmas present off the Mrs and I now have to wait 78 days to play it! :(

You should tell her that there are numerous reports of faulty strumbars on these guitars and that you have to make sure yours is fine, imagine the return window expiring. That would suck, right?

Bauer91

Haven't seen this info anywhere, does the game remember you turned Breakneck speed on or do you have to turn it on every time you play like in RB3?

Yoshi88

Nothing will transfer/work between platforms. That goes for instruments/dlc/exports/codes. You have to stick with the same console family to keep your old stuff.

Thanks for the answer. Thats unfortunate, thought i could at least transfer something from my huge RB collection. Still on the fence with RB4 because of that and the huge entry price of 160€. That's way too high for my liking, can't remeber ever paying so much for RB or GH in the past. Those two points combined will keep me from buying for this year at least i think.

Gigarator

So I gave the RB4 guitar a whirl last night and I just can't get overdrive to work. It was literally at the point where I had to stop playing notes and flail the thing around like mad for it to kick in. Is there a trick to this? I'm really missing my star power button on the world tour guitar right about now.

Also note I'm left handed so using the guitar inverted.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
One thing that I'm finding really distracting so far is when you get that purple bonus thing while you're playing a song, it makes the entire highway shake for a little bit which always messes with my head.

Top Bottom