• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

Exactly. But each Rock Band rip is close to 2gb. So, RB3 with RB and RB2 songs = 4gb.

Suppose this leave me with 2gb left. Obviously I'll only get songs that I really like, but what about everything else? I mean, future releases, updates, new xbox live updates, regular games updates, etc. Halo 4 has some mandatory install, IIRC. I still have a lot of gaming to do! RE6, Black Ops 2, Sleeping Dogs, etc.

I think I will have to sell it soon. Damn, so many memories with my white guy.

I didn't buy "Desperate Escape" on 360 (RE5) because of this!

EDIT: Just to clarify: I'm talking about exporting the songs because is the smarter thing to do, since you can have all songs in one single game.

Just get a cheap 20GB HDD. There's thousands out there for next to nothing. I have a new slim and an old elite, and and keep all my RB exports AND DLC on a spare drive for when I go to my friends as he still has an old 2007 360.

I have RB, RB2, LRB, GDRB and all my DLC, and there's still some room. That's well over 600 songs.

as my friend only had a 20GB HDD and needed more space I bought him a 120GB one used as a gift for some help he gave me not too long ago, and that was only £25.

So many options other than "retire my xbox".

jgkspsx

I wish you could delete songs from the exports, but I like enough tracks from the main games that I just wouldn't want to go completely without any of them.

IOW I abandoned $100+ worth of DLC on the Wii to have Creep and Orange Crush and The Passenger.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
This week in RBN:

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 7/26/2012

Metal
Asking Alexandria – “To the Stage” (160 MSP)
Halcyon Way – “On Black Wings” (80 MSP)

Punk
Counterfeit Pennies – “Say What You Want” (80 MSP)

Rock
Death of the Cool – “Everything I Hate About Myself” (80 MSP)
Merlot – “Angeles” (80 MSP)
Jerry Naylor – “My Little Girl” (160 MSP)
Jerry Naylor – “Teardrops Fall Like Rain” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 7/31/2012 (North America) and 8/1/2012 (Europe)

Carnifex – “Until I Feel Nothing” ($1.99) – Metal
Amberian Dawn – “Come Now Follow” ($1.99) – Metal
Anarchy Club – “Collide” ($1.99) – Alternative
Shatterglass – “Coming Undone” ($1.99) – Rock
Christopher J. – “Reson-8-R (Pts. I & II)” ($0.99) – Pop/Dance/Electronic

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 8/7/2012 (North America) and 8/8/2012 (Europe)

The Guild feat. Felicia Day - "(I'm the One That's) Cool" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
An Endless Sporadic - "Anything" ($0.99) - Prog
An Endless Sporadic - "From the Blue/Point of No Return" ($0.99) - Prog
Rose of Jericho - "Romancing the Ordinary" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
I, Omega - "The Ravenous" ($1.99) - Metal

The official DLC:

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (July 31st, 2012):

• Killswitch Engage – “The End of Heartache” X
• Killswitch Engage – “The Arms of Sorrow”
• Killswitch Engage – “Starting Over” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system August 1st)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49 USD, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Killswitch Engage Pack 01”
$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

MAXIMUM MEH

Hop

Turns out there was a mixup on the PS3 RBN tracks, so they've announced two weeks out to clarify everything.

Also, due to server migrations, it's possible there will be very few or even no official XBox RBN tracks next week. There are a few queued up, but the system may not be back up to put them in the game store.

pacman85

i haven't gotten a chance to crank up rock band since i got into the beta but has anyone else who is in the new xbox dashboard beta tried to play rock band and had this happen?

XShagrath

i haven't gotten a chance to crank up rock band since i got into the beta but has anyone else who is in the new xbox dashboard beta tried to play rock band and had this happen?
Yes. The majority of wireless rhythm game peripherals DO NOT work currently (as of yesterday) in either the RB or GH games.

Daigoro

hm ok. looks like my Rickenbacker works in the menu no problem (all buttons seem to function), but not in game for some reason...

shit.

pacman85

Yes. The majority of wireless rhythm game peripherals DO NOT work currently (as of yesterday) in either the RB or GH games.
wow that is crazy that they wouldn't have figured out something like this before even pushing the public beta out. crazy. sucks too as i just ordered the mustang pro guitar to use. hopefully the 5-7 days it says it will take to get to my house will give ms time to sort out and fix this problem.

Hop

RBN stuff will get added once that's settled; there was a server migration last week that jostled a lot of stuff.

But, we do know the official DLC:

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (August 7th, 2012):

• Cutting Crew – “(I Just) Died in Your Arms” O X
• Hoobastank – “Crawling in the Dark” O
• Whitesnake – “Still of the Night” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system August 8th)
Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

EYEL1NER

2 outta 3 of those aren't bad.
I would be interested in getting the Cutting Crew and Whitesnake song but I am moving for a year to the arctic circle and while I am taking my Xbox, I am unsure whether I will be taking any plastic instruments with me. So not sure if I want to buy DLC for the next two weeks.

Hopefully the Whitesnake song is the original though. It doesn't mention anything about being a rerecorded version but I know Coverdale and 'Snake rerecorded a bunch of songs a while back.

Rapstah

Mind blown at menu music being on RBN, is any more of it out there? I've heard so many hours of the chorus of Everything I Hate About Myself while waiting for RBN songs to compile.

Talking about that, did anything ever happen regarding the Harmonix songs that were in the end credits? The That Handsome Devil song (Disco Nation?) sounded cool and I was bummed when I realised they weren't going to unlock after the credits.

Hop

Mind blown at menu music being on RBN, is any more of it out there?

The manual references "Trash Candy" by Tijuana Sweetheart, "Signs" by Giant Target, and "Blink" by Father Octopus. I don't believe any are menu songs, just credits/practice ones, but those are available. "This War Will Never Start" by Steve Pardo was up, but it was glitched, and apparently it's not back yet. And I know people have been looking to get other menu music, I've seen The Holepunch Generation and Milquetoast and Co. thrown around as requests/possibilities a fair bit.

Xevren

The manual references "Trash Candy" by Tijuana Sweetheart, "Signs" by Giant Target, and "Blink" by Father Octopus. I don't believe any are menu songs, just credits/practice ones, but those are available. "This War Will Never Start" by Steve Pardo was up, but it was glitched, and apparently it's not back yet. And I know people have been looking to get other menu music, I've seen The Holepunch Generation and Milquetoast and Co. thrown around as requests/possibilities a fair bit.

I always wanted the song in the credits from That Handsome Devil, but I guess it's not to be.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
We need more Death of the Cool and The Mother Hips. Everything I Hate About Myself is just fucking awesome.

Also, That Handsome Devil song in the credits is awesome as fuck.

Next week's DLC is OK, but I'm not buying anything.

Hop

This week in RBN:

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 8/9/2012

Alternative
Trial By Fire – “From the Ground Up” (80 MSP)

Metal
Alestorm – “Back Through Time” (160 MSP) 2x
All Shall Perish – “Rebirth” (160 MSP) 2x
Asking Alexandria – “To the Stage” (160 MSP) 2x
Halcyon Way – “Our Finest Hour” (80 MSP)
Saint Vitus – “Blessed Night” (160 MSP)

Rock
Catsmelvin – “Wrong Side” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 8/14/2012 (North America) and 8/15/2012 (Europe)

Strikken - "Forever in Lies" ($0.99) - Metal
Strikken - "The Final Act" ($0.99) - Metal
Strikken - "Ashes" ($0.99) - Metal
The Motion Sick - "Grace Kelly" ($0.99) - Indie Rock
Lil Deuce Deuce - "I Like Trains" ($0.99) - Reggae/Ska

The official DLC:

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (August 14th, 2012):

• Foreigner – “I Want to Know What Love Is” O
• Foreigner – “Waiting for a Girl Like You” O
• Nightwish – “Amaranth” O X

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system August 15th)

Price:

The complete track list for Rock Band Blitz is out now, but I have not kept up too much on it. I know that previous RB DLC works in Blitz, but will the songs in Blitz work in Rock Band 3?

KaYotiX

Banned
pretty excited for Blitz.

When i feel the need to play Rockband but dont feel like dragging out instruments it will be perfect.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
When I feel like having all music reduced to two note charts alternating between left and right, I will play Blitz.
bu bu bu the strategy is in moving track lanes to score the most points despite having the same note charts for every instrument!

It looks so awful. I posted the dragonforce video and that shit does not look fun, period.

It'll be fun for like first day and I'll probably never touch it again. Thank god it exports.

Ridley327

Where's the part where Wii players get nothing and these songs become permanently exclusive to the other 2 consoles?

Probably around the same day that the Wii gets RBN tracks again, along with the full 2112 song.

Harmonix is being overly nice about it, but they really don't give a shit about the Wii version.

BigDug13

bu bu bu the strategy is in moving track lanes to score the most points despite having the same note charts for every instrument!

It looks so awful. I posted the dragonforce video and that shit does not look fun, period.

It'll be fun for like first day and I'll probably never touch it again. Thank god it exports.

That's pretty much how I view it. Cheap way to get 25 songs, even if the game itself sucks. If the game turns out to be mildly fun, even better.

But the fact that it's cheap and exportable seems to make it a day 1 purchase for Rock Band fans.

Ozone

Having had a chance to play Blitz, it's a lot more fun than people think. The whole "oh, it's just two notes" complaint is thrown right out the window as you've gotta quickly juggle the different lanes to make sure they're all maxed out before the section ends and I kept forgetting to activate OD. There's a lot of things to keep track of if you're going to compete against friends on the leaderboard.

It's very fast, and very fun. If you're on the fence, at least download the demo.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Having had a chance to play Blitz, it's a lot more fun than people think. The whole "oh, it's just two notes" complaint is thrown right out the window as you've gotta quickly juggle the different lanes to make sure they're all maxed out before the section ends and I kept forgetting to activate OD. There's a lot of things to keep track of if you're going to compete against friends on the leaderboard.

It's very fast, and very fun. If you're on the fence, at least download the demo.
It's the exact same gameplay as the PSP/Lego Rock Band DS game..only worse because it's just two notes. because it's two notes, all the charts will be almost the same. No variety. I don't care about the leaderboards in this game either. I play for fun, but this doesn't look fun with just two note charts. As I said before, I'm happy it exports because if it didn't, I wouldn't even have bothered with this game. ZZZZ

MarkusRJR

So I own the Wii version of Rock Band 1-3. I've kind of gotten sick of the music selection, and I'm wondering if I can use my Wii Rock Band 1 instruments on my PS3 if I buy Rock Band 3 on it? Would it be worth it at this point in the generation?

Top Bottom