• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I feel obligated to preemptively defend Discord here, seeing as it's not terrible. It is pretty repetitive electronica, but it's not as dreadful (especially in terms of lyrics) as you'd expect of a brony song.

That said, Kaipa is excellent, pay attention to that instead.

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 7/5/2012

Alternative
an Unkindness – “A Death” (80 MSP)
an Unkindness – “Words Cannot Express” (80 MSP)

Metal
All Shall Perish – “Rebirth” (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic
Eurobeat Brony – “Discord (The Living Tombstone Remix” (80 MSP)

Prog
Kaipa – “In the Wake of Evolution” (160 MSP)

Rock
Brand New Analogues – “Wolves” (80 MSP)
Jerry Naylor – “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On” (160 MSP)
Jonathan Coulton – “Alone at Home” (160 MSP)
The Giraffes – “The Border” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 7/10/2012 (North America) and 7/11/2012 (Europe)

Halcyon Way – “Desecration Day” ($0.99) – Metal
Halcyon Way – “Mouth Without a Head” ($0.99) – Metal
Halcyon Way – “Death of a Dream” ($0.99) – Metal
Seven Day Sonnet – “Hapless” ($1.99) – Rock
Mystakin – “Heroism” ($0.99) – Prog

And it's a good thing we have pretty solid RBN releases this week, because...

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (July 10th, 2012):

• Daughtry – “It’s Not Over”
• Daughtry – “No Surprise” O X
• Daughtry – “Crawling Back to You” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system July 11th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$5.49 USD, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points™, 550 Wii Points™) for the “Daughtry Pack 01”
$1.99 USD (160 Microsoft Points ™, 200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

Gaspode_T

Finally got around to playing the Iron Maiden epic tracks - they are awesome...I also got Stone Cold Crazy to finally unlock the Queen achievement LOL, that one is pretty fun too.

Hop

This week's RBN:

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 7/12/2012

Metal
Cynic – “Evolutionary Sleeper” (160 MSP)
Nightrage – “So Far Away / Delirium Of The Fallen” (160 MSP) 2x
Terrorizer – “Subterfuge” (160 MSP)

Other
Zing Experience – “Faster Than a Bullet” (80 MSP)

Pop-Rock
Daryle Stephen Ackerman – “Tear My Heart In Two” (80 MSP)
Simone Bacchini – “L’alfabeto” (80 MSP)

Prog
Children of Nova – Moments of Clarity (160 MSP)

Rock
Free Spirit – “Radiant Light” (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 7/17/2012 (North America) and 7/18/2012 (Europe)

Asking Alexandria – “Reckless & Relentless” ($1.99) – Metal
Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives – “I Don’t Want to Hear About Your Crappy Boyfriend” ($0.99) – Indie Rock
Dante’s Dream – “Gamers Unite” ($0.99) – Pop/Dance/Alternative
Betrayed by Sorrow – “Deny” ($1.99) – Rock
Jerry Naylor – “Mystery Train” ($1.99) – Rock

"Love Shack" was leaked a little earlier by HMXHenry, turns out he was indeed referring to this week-

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (July 17th, 2012):

• The B-52’s – “Love Shack” O X
• Staind – “Not Again”
• Young The Giant – “My Body” O

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system July18th)

Tracks marked with “O” feature support for keyboards; tracks marked with “X” will offer Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$0.99 USD (80 Microsoft Points™, 100 Wii Points™) per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

JMizzlin

Oh shit, Young the Giant! That along with realising there's a good portion of Talking Heads available will see me dusting off the old guitar.

EYEL1NER

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230583
Cambridge, Mass. – July 18th, 2012 – Harmonix is excited to announce that Rock Band™ Blitz will be coming to the PlayStation®Network on August 28th for $14.99 and to Xbox LIVE® Arcade on August 29th for 1200 Microsoft Points™. Rock Band Blitz takes the popular franchise in an exciting new direction, with over-the-top and addictive controller-based gameplay – no instrument peripherals required!

EYEL1NER

New thread for new news
Well I guess this isn't the Rock Band Mega-Thread anymore, so it doesn't really fit ITT, but I figured it is something some people in here have been wanting to know.
It got posted in the XBL News thread already though.

Hop

The part that would fit, as Blitz songs are functionally DLC, is the list of newly announced tracks:

• Avenged Sevenfold – “So Far Away”
• Fun. ft. Janelle Monáe – “We Are Young”
• Kool & The Gang – “Jungle Boogie”
• My Chemical Romance – “Sing”

EYEL1NER

I'm kind of excited about 'Young,' so adding that to Wicker Man makes two songs I am interested in I suppose.
'Shine' and 'Metal Health' will be cool too I guess. Shame we haven't really gotten any Collective Soul before 'Shine' (unless my memory is failing me).

I am so excited for the gameplay of Blitz. I loved Frequency and Amplitude so much. Guitar Hero was great and all but it was kind of sad to see the success it had and then realize that there wouldn't be a new Freq/Amp game.

Hop

This week in RBN:

Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 7/19/2012

Metal
All Shall Perish – “The Death Plague” (160 MSP) 2x
Dirge Within – “Absolution” (160 MSP) 2x
Not Above Evil – “The Duel” (80 MSP)
My Ruin – “Walk of Shame” (80 MSP)

Pop-Rock
Astra Kelly – “These Days” (80 MSP)

Punk
Hillcrest – “Lady Luck” (80 MSP)

Rock
Dante’s Dream – “Episodes” (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 7/24/2012 (North America) and 7/25/2012 (Europe)

Dance for the Dying – “Death in the Garden” ($0.99) – Pop-Rock
Harbour Grace – “Wish I Was Dead’ ($0.99) – Rock
MC Lars feat. MC Bat Commander and Suburban Legends – “This Gigantic Robot Kills” ($1.99) – Reggae/Ska
Blackguard – “A Blinding Light” ($1.99) – Metal
Asking Alexandria – “Dear Insanity” ($1.99) – Metal

And the official DLC, an obvious three pack chopped up by Blitz:

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (July 24th, 2012):

• Foster the People – “Helena Beat” O
• Foster the People – “Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)” O
• The Strokes – “Under Cover of Darkness” O X

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system July 25th)

Price:

atomico

It had to be the one Strokes song that I already have (in Rocksmith).

Haven't played RB in ages, but I'll probably buy it, still.

Hop

I think it's safe to say that the second promised Poets of The Fall song is no longer on the release docket.

That one's RBN, and the group that did it (Alt-Strum Productions) is still running, so you can always pester them directly to get more.

dokish

Banned
Hi guys. I played Guitar Hero 3 long time ago and that was the only kind of game that I played (meaning, no other GHs or Rock Band were purchased).

After a break in life, I wanna go back to playing those titles, but I'm so confused about the import thing in Rock Band 2/3.

Can I buy RB3 and import every song from RB2? Meaning, DLC and the original tracklist?

If so, how can I do that? I just wanna clear this out before ordering my copy. Thanks!

(Also, can I import Rock Band 1 stuff?)

Rapstah

Hi guys. I played Guitar Hero 3 long time ago and that was the only kind of game that I played (meaning, no other GHs or Rock Band were purchased).

After a break in life, I wanna go back to playing those titles, but I'm so confused about the import thing in Rock Band 2/3.

Can I buy RB3 and import every song from RB2? Meaning, DLC and the original tracklist?

If so, how can I do that? I just wanna clear this out before ordering my copy. Thanks!

(Also, can I import Rock Band 1 stuff?)

If you buy all the games new (this is crucial) you can export all but a few songs from both RB1 and RB2 to play in RB3. All DLC songs that worked in RB1 and RB2 also work in RB3, but not the other way around since RB3 was released because of the addition of synth and harmony vocals. The export process is self-explanatory within RB1 - you do it from within that game itself - and should be similar for RB2, although I have only personally done it from RB1 myself.

EDIT: Uh, I might have confused some details here with Guitar Hero exports, but most of the information you need should be available at http://www.rockband.com/support/export-rock-band. I'm mostly unsure about how much you need new copies of the games, but it should be apparent at the link.

dokish

Banned
I see, thanks.

If I buy a used copy but the person DIDN'T import any songs... Can I still import them? (Because will be really hard to find a sealed copy of all 3 of them!)

Anyway, wow, that seems so good to be true. RB3 with all imports will have like, what, 600 songs? :p

Crazy!

Ridley327

I see, thanks.

If I buy a used copy but the person DIDN'T import any songs... Can I still import them?

Anyway, wow, that seems so good to be true. RB3 with all imports will have like, what, 600 songs? :p

Crazy!

For RB1, yes; the export is handled in RB1 itself and merely requires a $5 fee to make it happen. It gets a little bit more complicated with RB2, depending on the system you've got. For either the 360 or PS3, you will need a code that's printed on the back of the manual; if it's already been entered, then you're SOL.

Hop

For RB1, yes; the export is handled in RB1 itself and merely requires a $5 fee to make it happen. It gets a little bit more complicated with RB2, depending on the system you've got. For either the 360 or PS3, you will need a code that's printed on the back of the manual; if it's already been entered, then you're SOL.

And, that RB2 method carries on to track packs and Lego (I believe).

I got lucky and brought abused RB 2 with the code unused. It might've worth asking if any GAFFERs have rb2 and have not used the code.

jgkspsx

What system do you have? If the Wii... you might want to consider 360. On the other hand, the Wii does not use codes to export (and you can't export RB1, Lego, or any of the track packs, or get any RBN songs).

Rapstah

While we're on the subject of export codes, I have a PS3 RB2 serial that I never used to export the game because I bought RB3 on 360 instead. If anyone is in the opposite situation and has a 360 RB2 code then we could switch.

What system do you have? If the Wii... you might want to consider 360. On the other hand, the Wii does not use codes to export (and you can't export RB1, Lego, or any of the track packs, or get any RBN songs).
I recall needing a code on RB3 to get RB2 imports. Or was it only a save? You need a code for Green Day imports to RB3 though, which I unfortunately don't have.

jgkspsx

dokish

Banned
Thanks a lot for the answer guys. I'm picking these up on Xbox 360, and I will try to find some Rock Band 2 sealed.

My wallet is already screaming... so much DLC to get!(No Doubt, Nirvana, Evanescence, Pat Benetar, Country Track Pack...)

FyreWulff

You can ask EA support for a new RB2 manual code that will let you export the game (by paying 10$ for it from RB3). This code is made to be given out for the export, since it does not let you get the 20 Free RB2 songs.

If you get a new RB2 disc w/ manual then you get the ability export and a 20 song pack.

dokish

Banned
You can ask EA support for a new RB2 manual code that will let you export the game (by paying 10$ for it from RB3). This code is made to be given out for the export, since it does not let you get the 20 Free RB2 songs.

If you get a new RB2 disc w/ manual then you get the ability export and a 20 song pack.

Bought sealed copy from Play-Asia! US$34 the US version.

Good deal, I guess?

But this joy won't last long tho. I have the 2007 Xbox and I only have left 5.7gb of space. I think it won't be enough for me to rip both Rock Bands songs and all the DLC I'll download. Fuck.

I don't have RB or RB3 yet, so will play RB2 + DLC till I figure something out. I mean... Nobody wants a 2007 Xbox, is worth close to nothing, right? (And I already deleted all non-essential stuff... Maybe I can delete those huge DLCs from Halo 3 and RE5... but still won't last long... )

:(

Bought sealed copy from Play-Asia! US$34 the US version.

Good deal, I guess?

But this joy won't last long tho. I have the 2007 Xbox and I only have left 5.7gb of space. I think it won't be enough for me to rip both Rock Bands songs and all the DLC I'll download. Fuck.

I don't have RB or RB3 yet, so will play RB2 + DLC till I figure something out. I mean... Nobody wants a 2007 Xbox, is worth close to nothing, right? (And I already deleted all non-essential stuff... Maybe I can delete those huge DLCs from Halo 3 and RE5... but still won't last long... )

:(

How much do you intend to get? On my Wii, I'm at 120 songs with 2.5 GB. Only get what you'll play.

dokish

Banned
How much do you intend to get? On my Wii, I'm at 120 songs with 2.5 GB. Only get what you'll play.

Exactly. But each Rock Band rip is close to 2gb. So, RB3 with RB and RB2 songs = 4gb.

Suppose this leave me with 2gb left. Obviously I'll only get songs that I really like, but what about everything else? I mean, future releases, updates, new xbox live updates, regular games updates, etc. Halo 4 has some mandatory install, IIRC. I still have a lot of gaming to do! RE6, Black Ops 2, Sleeping Dogs, etc.

I think I will have to sell it soon. Damn, so many memories with my white guy.

I didn't buy "Desperate Escape" on 360 (RE5) because of this!

EDIT: Just to clarify: I'm talking about exporting the songs because is the smarter thing to do, since you can have all songs in one single game.

EDIT: Just to clarify: I'm talking about exporting the songs because is the smarter thing to do, since you can have all songs in one single game.

Is it really though? With the calculation above, you're basically exceeding the amount of songs I have, only you probably won't play everything from it. Wii only gets RB2 import and I got about 3 songs since that's all I needed. Is that not an option or is that the smarter thing to do?
If it isn't, then new system it is.

Top Bottom