• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

DCxQL1vUQAEGEKV.jpg

Yes to both.

pacman85

Definitely getting the Paramore song and maybe on the other. I wouldn't mind if they kept doing weeks like this. One song from RBVR songs (basically a song that is already somewhat done) and one completely new song.

CloudWolf

F is for Friends who do stuff together.
U is for You and me.
N is for Anywhere and anytime at all.

Will buy both.

Has the Cipher Peon beacon been lit already?

Susurrus

So maybe yall know the answer to this.

Back in thr 360 RB days whenever we would visit each other for rock band parties, we could bring over our hard drive with DLC and our profile and saves on it to plug into the host xbox, and it would merge our libraries and allow us to both log on.

I am fairly new to RB4 and XBone as a whole, is there an equivalent for this gen? I have 890 dlc, and my buddy is new to it and just picked up the game and set. He wants to host, and I don't particularly want to disconnect and lug over my system and everything. I don't particularly have the means to host anyway.

FyreWulff

your only solutions are

a) download your DLC to his Xbox, and unlock it by signing in when at his place

b) buy external drive, move Rock Band and it's DLC to said drive, plug it into his One at his place and sign in, unlocks everything

Sweet, getting both. For some reason I just resigned the DLC schedule to bring throwbacks and RB VR tracks, so I'm at the stage of my life where I'm finding more Cyndi Lauper as a brilliant surprise.

Susurrus

your only solutions are

a) download your DLC to his Xbox, and unlock it by signing in when at his place

b) buy external drive, move Rock Band and it's DLC to said drive, plug it into his One at his place and sign in, unlocks everything

Option B looks like its what I was doing on the 360 minus the profile part, which is easy enough. His internet connection is a bit lacking so downloading 891 DLC is a bit daunting, but a hard drive should be no problem. I'll just re-purpose my 360's external since I don't even have RB3 anymore. Thanks!

Here's this week's stem confirmations, impressions and first playthrough scores for this week's "fun" related DLC!:

"Girls Just Want To Have Fun" - Cyndi Lauper - [Guitar: Tier 3 | Bass: Tier 2 | Drums: Tier 0 | Vocals: Tier 4]
Expert Guitar: 188,295 | 100% Notes Hit (894/894) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 120,732 | 100% Notes Hit (499/499) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Ain't It Fun" - Paramore - [Guitar: Tier 3 | Bass: Tier 4 | Drums: Tier 3 | Vocals: Tier 5]
Expert Guitar: 155,967 | 100% Notes Hit (1021/1021) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 198,116 | 100% Notes Hit (1028/1028) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations:
"Ain't It Fun" has properly seperated tracks. No muffling of other tracks when missing notes on your own instrument, considering it's an RB:VR track I'm not surprised it has legit stems! "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" is the same which is a surprise considering Cyndi's other song "Time After Time" didn't have stems. Stem enthusiasts can safely pick up both tracks this week!

DLC Impressions:- "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" apparently expresses that we ladies, as a gender just want to have fun in life and nothing else! And to be fair the song gave me a ton of fun on guitar. Lots of alt-strumming single notes with chord hammer-ons and a crazy little solo made of crazy fast short bursts of alt strumming and really bizarre hammer-on snaking towards the end! Fantastic guitar chart. The bass is pretty fun as well for a tier 1 chart, plenty of steady bouncing up on down the fretboard. So yeah, well worth a purchase on both instruments!

Never thought I'd be saying this about a Paramore song but "Ain't It Fun" is easily the best overall song of the week. Guitar is a blast with tons of off-beat and bouncy strumming between single notes and chords and some fun as hell hammer-on snaking all around the fretboard towards the latter half it always switches thing up throughout, the bass is just as good lots of bouncy hammer-on snaking all over the place and lots of fun double strumming in between, much like the guitar chart it never stays the same for too long. Fantastic and the first Paramore song in the game I've actually enjoyed!

Get both, one of the best weeks in a long time surprisingly!

FyreWulff

Good review, Juke. I'm going to pick both of 'em up.

They also laid off a lot of people that would have overseen the PC version and were involved with RBN, like HMXNordee (who used to post in the RB thread here)

Low chance of it working out without all that experience and talent in that specific area.

I mean, job lifespans in gaming are generally short, but it's gotten to awkward levels with Harmonix as they've had to stop like 3 of their minishows for their stream because people that "star" in them get laid off. Note that this is more common with them because they let any employee get on the stream instead of 'approved' marketing types, but in turn it makes industry turnover rates a tad more obvious.

Stubo

So I caved and bought Rivals on Xbox One.

Are there any GAF crews with a space?

I play expert guitar, occasionally bass and I can sing some things on expert but obviously my voice doesn't suit all songs, haha.

vg260

Stem Confirmations: "Ain't It Fun" has properly seperated tracks. No muffling of other tracks when missing notes on your own instrument, considering it's an RB:VR track I'm not surprised it has legit stems! "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" is the same which is a surprise considering Cyndi's other song "Time After Time" didn't have stems. Stem enthusiasts can safely pick up both tracks this week!

It's really good to see them getting back on track with stems recently. I wonder what the issue was for that stretch? Saving costs? Maybe Rock Band VR forced their hand a bit.

F is for Friends who do stuff together.
U is for You and me.
N is for Anywhere and anytime at all.

Will buy both.

Has the Cipher Peon beacon been lit already?
YES IT HAS BEEN OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

One of the greatest songs of all time from THE greatest band of all time

AIN'T IT FUN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FyreWulff

I still like how Rush is the only artist that gets (Vault Edition) in the song names

also it's still funny that we lost all the Fleetwood DLC.. then Fleetwood is on the disc and comes back as DLC.

XShagrath

Whenever I open the Rock Band app on my iPhone, I have to select my platform and enter in all of my credentials. This wasn't happening until recently. Anyone know if this is a known issue, or am I just doing something wrong?

Delryk

Got that yesterday as well. Wish the XBox servers were as fast as the Steam servers. It took me probably close to an hour to download that 8GB update.

hmmm... I was going 95mbps to get the update.. guess it depends where you're located.. I always gett near my top speed (120mbps) when there's an update..

Not sure if it was a coincidence but my guitar kept dropping and resynching every couple of minutes, after the update it went flawless!!.. it was definately an xbox update but maybe there was a fix for my problems...

XShagrath

Is there a way to filter to only songs I don't own in the music store? I've got 2000+ songs, so what I don't own is few and far between.

A great week and if you're one of those folks who never got the RB2 export, and a great week for folks who have too! Excellent.

Here's the legacy guitar chart for "Freewill" on RBVR for those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnoM7VozH-o

Man, that solo!

X Shagrath said:
Is there a way to filter to only songs I don't own in the music store? I've got 2000+ songs, so what I don't own is few and far between.

Don't think there is sadly. Gotta scroll through them all manually!

MrNelson

Banned
The individual Metallica tracks are now available on NA PSN for those who already owned them. Previously just the pack itself had been made available, and as someone who only picked up "...And Justice For All" I'm glad to finally play it again!

...And Justice For All
Blackened
Ride The Lightning
Finally, after almost 2 years of waiting, I can play them on drums again.

Also, the singles for Blood Sugar Sex Magik are up as well for previous owners.

Gleethor

God I wish they could work something out with Metallica. I still remember the press release that claimed we would get "career-spanning" material from them and all we got is a 3 pack that's no longer available.

God I wish they could work something out with Metallica. I still remember the press release that claimed we would get "career-spanning" material from them and all we got is a 3 pack that's no longer available.
...and Enter Sandman and Battery, not that we can play those in RB4.

Tapejara

I hate that if I want to play Metallica tracks I need to plug in my PS3, re-sync one my RB guitars and pop in GH: Metallica.

Stubo

I'm 100% with you on this one. Would instabuy full albums.

Also, I'm still looking for a crew on Xbox One, if anyone needs someone (expert guitar/bass/vocals) drop me a message!

FyreWulff

Is the 360 adapter still expensive? I need to get this...

The wireless one? Depends. It's only going to go up now that Mad Catz is defunct, so the wireless adapters out there are the only ones that will exist. If you look around, you could probably find a cheap disc copy that still has the adapter with it.

The wired one for MIDI Drums is always expensive

FyreWulff

I've got 103 songs for this challenge. Seems to be any song with "America" in the band name or song + a random smattering of songs about freedom or leaving somewhere in general + every single Country genre song

XShagrath

I've got 103 songs for this challenge. Seems to be any song with "America" in the band name or song + a random smattering of songs about freedom or leaving somewhere in general + every single Country genre song

148 here. There's probably a few more eligible songs, as I don't have any DLC post-RB3.

I'm 100% with you on this one. Would instabuy full albums.

Also, I'm still looking for a crew on Xbox One, if anyone needs someone (expert guitar/bass/vocals) drop me a message!

I sent you an invite this morning if you've not seen it yet. We had a spot open up!

CloudWolf

What's all this patriotism doing in my Rock Band. Blegh.

Well, it's time for stem confirmations, impressions and first playthrough scores for this week's DLC!

First Playthrough Scores 29th June 2017

"Freewill (Vault Edition)" - Rush - [Guitar: Final Tier | Bass: Tier 5 | Drums: Final Tier | Vocals: Tier 5]
Expert Guitar: 246,009, | 100% Notes Hit (1129/1129) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 257,301 | 100% Notes Hit (1001/1001) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Go Your Own Way" - Fleetwood Mac -
[Guitar: Tier 3 | Bass: Tier 3 | Drums: Tier 2 | Vocals: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar: 206,666 | 100% Notes Hit (836/836) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 189,211 | 100% Notes Hit (978/978) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations: Well, this week's Fleetwood Mac offering for those of you who don't own the RB2 export is 100% legit, much like the original disk release there's no muffling of other tracks or general downgrades when missing notes on your own instrument. Freewill also has properly seperated masters which isn't too surprising considering that the last 21 songs across both the main game disks and DLC are legit as well. Both tracks are a safe purchase this week!

DLC Impressions:
"Go Your Own Way" is a classic, a nice balanced mix of fun and variety on both guitar and bass. Guitar is solid across the board with a ton of steady strumming switching between single notes and chords up and down the fretboard along with a pretty nice solo as well which is overall pretty engaging with some frequent hammer-on movement. Bass is pretty good as well. Lots of steady single note strumming and lane changes throughout with a few fast gallops dotted throughout to try and catch you out as well. Overall, one of the most balanced songs in the game so if you haven't got the RB2 export, then buy this track right now! "Freewill" is outstanding on guitar, the meat of the song consists of a hell of a lot of movement back and forth, zig-zagging between strummed single notes and short bursts of two and three note chord strings. The solo is crazy hard with a lot of scraping movements up and down with rapid hammer-on snaking and fast alt strumming. A good mix of fun AND challenge. The bass is outstanding as well, much like the guitar you've got a lot of horizontal movement all over the place and a kick-ass bass solo which has you constantly strumming and galloping between constant lane changes up and down the fretboard, and it's a long solo too worth 30,000 points for hitting 100% notes, easily one of the best bass charts in the game! Overall, a godly song and up there with "Pull Me Under" and "Africa" for the best RB4 DLC available. Get it!

Top Bottom