• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

MrNelson

Banned
DD0M1eyVwAEhEOM.jpg

Here's my stem confirmations, DLC impressions and first playthrough scores for both metal tracks this week!

"Down With The Sickness" - Disturbed - [Guitar: Tier 4 | Bass: Tier 4 | Drums: Tier 4 | Vocals: Tier 5]
Expert Guitar: 249,029 | 100% Notes Hit (1163/1163) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 210,865 | 100% Notes Hit (1033/1033) Full Combo | Gold Stars

”Cirice" - Ghost -[Guitar: Tier 3 | Bass: Tier 2 | Drums: Tier 1 | Vocals: Tier 2]
Expert Guitar: 163,568 | 100% Notes Hit (914/914) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 134,858 | 100% Notes Hit (653/653) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations: ”Down With The Sickness" being an RB2 export song originally makes this a legit purchase, no muffling of any other tracks when missing notes on your own instrument. ”Cirice" being an RBVR setlist song is the same. So yeah, anyone who has gripes about stemless tracks have nothing to worry about this week, you can grab both!

DLC Impressions: Well, new RB players can now download the ultimate edgelord song! ”Down with the Sickness on guitar is pretty standard fair, it starts off with bursts of steadily strummed chords constantly switching between green, red, yellow and blue frets. After that there's a bunch of steadily strummed chord lanes and some zig-zagging about between frets. It's engaging enough and a solid riff overall. Bass is pretty repetitive, having you anchor down on the green fret and zig-zag back and forth between 3 other frets, and some steady single note lane strumming. Overall, not bad and it's Disturbed's most popular track by far so it's worth getting for parties. ”Cirice" is great on guitar, for a slower tier 3 song there's a decent amount of variety, switching between strummed strings of zig-zagging single note strums, gallops that alternate between single notes and chords and a rad-ass solo that has you hit gradually faster hammer-on snakes up and down the fretboard. Fantastic and it's easily going to become one of my most played songs!. Bass is pretty decent as well, mostly slow single note strumming alternating between lanes with the occasional mid-speed hammer-on burst every now and then, and some steady single note strumming with plenty of lane changes towards the end. Overall a great addition to the game and I hope we get more Ghost songs in the future as they're one of my favourite bands!

Gleethor

In case you guys missed it, we're also getting Gold On The Ceiling by The Black Keys and Hold On by Wilson Phillips this month.

In case you guys missed it, we're also getting Gold On The Ceiling by The Black Keys and Hold On by Wilson Phillips this month.

Gold on the Ceiling is my most hyped VR release since...well...Cirice.

It had a good setlist.

Hold On isn't a song I'm familiar with, but if it's got a decent chart, I might get it. Or I might do because I pretty much buy all DLC nowadays.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
"Cirice" is great fun on guitar.

Thinking of starting a crew. Any scrubs interested? (This would be a no-stress, play when you want kinda thing.)

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking about letting my PSN Plus account expire as I really don't play multiplayer games that much anymore. If I do, what parts of Rock Band go away? Just Online Multiplayer, or Missions, Rivals, etc.?

FyreWulff

B-Siders: we can promote to Diamond (and then rest easy for the rest of the season p much), we just need tons of EXP. Our spotlight seems to be good enough, but our XP position keeps getting pushed down.

Just play on the highest difficulty you can get the most stars on.

CloudWolf

B-Siders: we can promote to Diamond (and then rest easy for the rest of the season p much), we just need tons of EXP. Our spotlight seems to be good enough, but our XP position keeps getting pushed down.

I'll probably play some more tomorrow. Gotta get that Diamond.

KlotePino

If a spot opens up on B-siders I'd love to get back in. Was on holiday for a while, shoulda given a little heads-up. Rock Band's not quite the same without a crew!

NaviLink

Hello all, my first foray into this thread. I got a question.

I have some old gen instruments, the Band Hero bundle. Also got Rock Band 3, all of that on Xbox 360.

I'm considering getting Rock Band 4 and the adapter. The question, do I need Rivals too? Is it worth it? And is there a bundle with Rock Band 4 and Rock Band Rivals together maybe?

Thanks a lot.

Hello all, my first foray into this thread. I got a question.

I have some old gen instruments, the Band Hero bundle. Also got Rock Band 3, all of that on Xbox 360.

I'm considering getting Rock Band 4 and the adapter. The question, do I need Rivals too? Is it worth it? And is there a bundle with Rock Band 4 and Rock Band Rivals together maybe?

Thanks a lot.

You don't need Rivals, but most copies of Rock Band 4 nowadays, physical or digital, come with a Rivals download. Rivals does add online play, challenges, and a second single-player campaign if you're interested in any of that.

NaviLink

You don't need Rivals, but most copies of Rock Band 4 nowadays, physical or digital, come with a Rivals download. Rivals does add online play, challenges, and a second single-player campaign if you're interested in any of that.

I wasn't aware of that, thanks. I'm guessing the RB4 and adapter bundle does not have a code since they were released a while ago, I might have to find the adapter by itself and a RB4+Rivals edition.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
How are the PDP guitars? as GS has a bundle for $40. I had one for about a month and the whammy stopped working. Did I get a lemon or are they all of questionable build quality?

And how long do the MadCatz guitars usually last? I've got two that have major hours in them but are still going strong (so far). I just don't want all my guitars to crap out at once...

And NaviLink, if I do pick up that bundle, I can give you the Rivals download code if you are on PS4. I'm about 50/50 on getting it, though.

FyreWulff

Cool! and first official song to be 3$ (USD), interesting

edit: HMXOwl confirms this is also the first official song where a single instrument can get 1 million or more, regular drums can hit it

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
How do Skill Points work? I have been stuck between 784-799 forever. I assume that you have to play expert, which I do, and devil tier song (and score high with 4+ stars) for points to be added? or is it just beat your high scores and get 5+ stars on every song?

I'll never hit 900 SP.

I got promoted, which wasn't that difficult even though I am a single crew member. Probably gets much more difficult past Silver, right?

FyreWulff

Skill points are based off "how many stars out of 5/Gold" you have on all songs played across all difficulties. To reach 1000 you need at least one song from each difficulty tier played.

You can get skill off any difficulty, but Expert is the only one i think can go above 900. Also it only cares about stars, including golds. FC/%s don't matter.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Skill points are based off "how many stars out of 5/Gold" you have on all songs played across all difficulties. To reach 1000 you need at least one song from each difficulty tier played.

You can get skill off any difficulty, but Expert is the only one i think can go above 900. Also it only cares about stars, including golds. FC/%s don't matter.

Thanks for the explanation. So to hit 900 I should concentrate on playing songs I can 5/s or G/s, rather than devil tier I can only 3/s?

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
yes, and try to push the devil tiers you have played up to 4/5/GS

Well, I have a several Megadeth songs at 2/s. lol So I don't know if that latter will happen.

I seem to have noticed that if I consistently beat my high scores, even if I don't increase the star, I get a SP bump. Anyway, thanks for the information.

Top Bottom