• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

Man, last tournament I got White Helios (100 keys), and now I just got Striker Apex (25+ keys).

I wish I had this kind of luck when I was actually playing the game

I got nothing and watched almost all of it. Kinda sucks, fam.

On the brightside I'm up to 59 keys now with my investment of $10. Also have about 16 keys in inventory item value. Feeling pretty good. Looking to pick-up some Dracos on the cheap real soon here.

Been using Animus lately, and I love it. It power hits like crazy.

Damn you weren't kidding. Watched the entire thing and didn't get a single drop! :(
lol same.
I got nothing and watched almost all of it. Kinda sucks, fam.

On the brightside I'm up to 59 keys now with my investment of $10. Also have about 16 keys in inventory item value. Feeling pretty good. Looking to pick-up some Dracos on the cheap real soon here.

Been using Animus lately, and I love it. It power hits like crazy.

Nice dude. I hit 80 keys for the first time yesterday but bought the shock goal explosion and it knocked me back into the 60s I think I opened like ten crates this time around cause I had keys to spare and yeah reaafrme my commitment to not opening crates. Ended up getting one animus I sold for 5 and the rest were useless decals.I wanted to know the feeling of opening a black market item just once but it was not meant to be. with my wheels, black market items and boosts my total amassed value including keys is about 270. I probably spent around 60 on keys.

I try not to think about the lost profits from selling my first white zombas at 50 thinking they were going to drop with the next crate then having to buy them back for a few keys more before they skyrocketed. Or buying white helios and selling it the next day for the same price for fear it to would drop as well. Win some lose some.

Zombas and Octane RLCS decal were my only real big money items the rest was steady grinding one or two keys at a time.

Oh and I got most of those 60 back from winning a fashion league contest for 50 bucks. =)

lol same.

Nice dude. I hit 80 keys for the first time yesterday but bought the shock goal explosion and it knocked me back into the 60s I think I opened like ten crates this time around cause I had keys to spare and yeah reaafrme my commitment to not opening crates. Ended up getting one animus I sold for 5 and the rest were useless decals.I wanted to know the feeling of opening a black market item just once but it was not meant to be. with my wheels, black market items and boosts my total amassed value including keys is about 270. I probably spent around 60 on keys.

I try not to think about the lost profits from selling my first white zombas at 50 thinking they were going to drop with the next crate then having to buy them back for a few keys more before they skyrocketed. Or buying white helios and selling it the next day for the same price for fear it to would drop as well. Win some lose some.

Zombas and Octane RLCS decal were my only real big money items the rest was steady grinding one or two keys at a time.

Oh and I got most of those 60 back from winning a fashion league contest for 50 bucks. =)
I just went through the same. Was up at like 65 and used 15 on Overdrive Crate openings. What a mistake. My only saving grace was opening a Sub-Zero which I flipped for 10 keys and a Cobalt Centio that I hope I can flip for 5k, ideally.

Never, ever opening a crate again. Seriously. I swear to all of you.

I just went through the same. Was up at like 65 and used 15 on Overdrive Crate openings. What a mistake. My only saving grace was opening a Sub-Zero which I flipped for 10 keys and a Cobalt Centio that I hope I can flip for 5k, ideally.

lol yeah I was in fuck it why not mode and man are the odds abysmal.

Probably won't us them much cause of the zombas but got my hands on the RLCS attendee exclusive Deccenium Pros. My niece and her bf went and gifted me a set so I made a RLCS themed car around them.

8r0kSMo.png

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Man, FUCK THIS BROKEN GAME. The game just crashed on me when I was demolished. Started it again, tried to reconnect to the match, got an error. And now I'm banned for 15 minutes. FIX THIS SHIT PSYONIX. Their QA is truly atrocious, the last few updates have introduced a whole bunch of straight broken shit.

Soulflarz

Banned
Man, FUCK THIS BROKEN GAME. The game just crashed on me when I was demolished. Started it again, tried to reconnect to the match, got an error. And now I'm banned for 15 minutes. FIX THIS SHIT PSYONIX. Their QA is truly atrocious, the last few updates have introduced a whole bunch of straight broken shit.

Chillllll

I got an Animus on my first Overdrive crate and should have stopped there, the best thing I got after that was one of the trails, and now I am stuck with Rares that I can't even trade away.

Now I am just trying to stockpile to hopefully trade for a Parallax decal.

Damn you weren't kidding. Watched the entire thing and didn't get a single drop! :(

Same here, I had my stream going the entire time for the RLCS and ended up with only one item.

I got an Animus on my first Overdrive crate and should have stopped there, the best thing I got after that was one of the trails, and now I am stuck with Rares that I can't even trade away.
You probably know this, but if you get 5 rares you can trade up for something better.

Just did my trade ups and didn't get the white Octane I wanted :( But I did get a purple one which will do for now and I also managed to grab a TW lightning boost :D

So it's the faceit stream, not the official Rocket League channel, that has drops enabled?

According the the blog yes. Only drops in the Universal Open

Link

Oh damn just got a pm on twitch telling me I got a drop! Now to open my game and see what it was...

Edit: Unpainted Ninja Wheels

685.png

WHAT! Pepi is in this tourney?

Dope. Good luck dude. Interviewed him and everything. Every time they talk about him they bring up his bumping and demos. Pepiope confirmed dirtiest player in Rocket League.

Grinchy

Banned
I feel like announcers just enjoy saying Pep's name.

edit- and why is the host for this tournament 10 times better than the one Psyonix hired for the last RLCS?

Where do rewards show up if you're watching the stream? I just linked my account.

Twitch sends you a PM thugh I'm not sure if it always does. Other than that it will show a notification when you open the game. Though I was in a game when I got one and didn't get a notification. Just had to find it in my inventory.

Shantom

After opening a fair few crates and getting nothing good I just got Titanium White Apexs from the stream. My luck has turned.

Went from zero drops yesterday to three so far today, and I missed the first hour or two:

- Dominus RLCS Decal
- Mount Champion Topper
- Ninja Wheels (Certified Playmaker)

Also spent a few hours making dozens of trades (I think my peak was 41 crates), but managed to not only upgrade my Mantis to Scorer certified, also acquired the Parallax decal.

Got scammed for the first time too, it should have been so obvious to me too since I was willing to cover the crate difference with keys just so it could be completed in one trade. Only lost 4 crates but still super pissed about it, will never do a multi-part trade again.

Noobcraft

I didn't get any rewards but watching the semifinals and finals was fun. There are some seriously talented people in these tournaments.

Top Bottom