• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith+ Official Announce Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Ubisoft has just announced Rocksmith+ which is an interactive music learning subscription service that takes the guesswork out of music mastery.
This new version also lets you rock out with your favorite Gibson, Epiphone, and Kramer models.

According to the team, Rocksmith+ has world premiere learning tools that take the guesswork out of music mastery.
And, surprisingly enough, Ubisoft has launched a Closed Beta phase for PC today.

As its signup page reads:

“Even the world’s premier music learning software needs to be fine-tuned for the millions of songs we plan to have down the road.
So we’re inviting users to test it out free, and make our PC Closed Beta even better. Limited Spaces Available."

You can signup for the Closed Beta here. Below you can also find the key features of the Closed Beta.
  • Realtime Feedback. Connect your instrument for accurate note detection
  • Riff Repeater. Control song speeds so you can practice at your own pace
  • An Expansive Library. Choose from a vast and ever-growing library of songs
Source

Last edited:

Yerd

I'm against all these subscription services, but it makes sense for this when a song costs $4 a pop. Still probably won't get this because of my sub abhorrence.

Agree, this video is not great. Too much on the people and barely anything on the software or service, whatever this is.

oldergamer

Does anyone know if this still has the lag that the last version had when plugged in with the USB cable? That lag killed it for me.

Hopefully this brings some good cash and enables them to get licences for some of the more popular classic rock songs , I've been playing since the first one on pc with custom dlc aswell I love it .

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Does anyone know if this still has the lag that the last version had when plugged in with the USB cable? That lag killed it for me.
What lag? The only lag you may find is the inherent lag with audio over HDMI.

This can be cured with optical cable or headphones direct to Controller.

Unless you are talking about PC?

Bridges

Never have I more quickly gone from hyped to disappointed than when he said "Subscription Service"

I just wanted a new 50ish song setlist with upgraded learning tools and the option to import all the tracks I've already bought from them. I saw some good songs hidden in that trailer, but I'd personally rather buy the ones I want when I want them.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Wonder what it would take though? I'd like some official black Sabbath and zeppelin , acdc ... They've got an impressive catalogue of official dlc I can't deny that but there's some big names missing as it stands .
My understanding was that David supported it, Roger was indifferent but Nick Mason refused, thereby preventing the possibility.

My understanding was that David supported it, Roger was indifferent but Nick Mason refused, thereby preventing the possibility.
David seems a laid back guy but Roger on the otherhand he's more of a dick don't really know nick mason's attitude towards things , but you know why wouldn't you want people learning/playing your music they've definitely gotta have enough money by now .

Buggy Loop

Registered for beta.

Loved rocksmith, i think a sub makes more sense than the 4$ a song back then which was killer on a wallet to get anything remotely interesting to play. When i get a rush to play guitar, i'll sub, otherwise no.

Ubisoft, while they sometimes really screw up their games, and have their horrendous uplay, always pick great music for their trailers.

Kishi Bashi is great, and Omoiyari is an incredible album.

Last edited:

RavageX

Guys, I've been a fan of Rocksmith since it first came out, and have stuck with it since and still use/play it now from time to time...though I have gotten very rusty. Have it on PS3, PS4, and PC. Spent lots of money on DLC, etc.

I was so excited to see this post about Rocksmith + until I read what it was, and watched that trailer.

A damn sub service. $100 for a year. I HATE this idea.

I am also not too keen on the mobile phone aspect of it, or maybe I just don't fully understand it.

I signed up for the beta in hopes I am proven wrong, but I haven't felt so let down by news of a favorite game/tool like this in a long time.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
that was the corniest trailer ive ever seen

I thought it was great since it pictures exactly how it feels to learn playing the guitar with a digital tool. As someone who just learned to play some of my favorite songs last year, I could actually relate to some of the scenes in the trailer.

You don't like generic lyrics about nothing so it doesn't offend anyone?

There is still good rock being made nowadays. It just isn't as mainstream, but still wildly popular.

Last edited:

MacReady13

Guys, I've been a fan of Rocksmith since it first came out, and have stuck with it since and still use/play it now from time to time...though I have gotten very rusty. Have it on PS3, PS4, and PC. Spent lots of money on DLC, etc.

I was so excited to see this post about Rocksmith + until I read what it was, and watched that trailer.

A damn sub service. $100 for a year. I HATE this idea.

I am also not too keen on the mobile phone aspect of it, or maybe I just don't fully understand it.

I signed up for the beta in hopes I am proven wrong, but I haven't felt so let down by news of a favorite game/tool like this in a long time.
Spot on. So fucking disappointing. I was hoping it’d be a new version for next gen with a slew of new songs plus plenty of dlc packs and instead we get this shit? Fucking hell.

Keeping track of the song list also

sublime14

Neo Member
anyone get the Ubisoft email for the beta code? apparently they are sending out 2 codes for your friends.. if anyone has extra one please DM me :p

JCK75

I got in finally..
What I LOVE = I'm a musician and I have a full studio setup at home and each gaming PC I have between home at work has a small interface for recording anywhere I am so support for these high quality/low latency interfaces thrills me more than anything, they are vastly superior to their real tone cable and it's awesome.. ASIO currently is not working for me on any of them but I was able to get them working as an Analog interface and honestly there is no noticable delay.. but when they fully support ASIO that's going to be epic as hell.

What I like - game seems to just detect things so much better, overall it's a much better training tool and I love the idea that it will always evolve being a sub service rather than a one and done.

What i don't like - The current song selection is just depressing, when I break out Rocksmith 2014 SO many song I just love to play, I sincerely can't find anything I'm even remotely interested in even just for fun right now.. but it is really cool that they now have video game music and other genres which will interest a wider audience of people.

Rocksmith+ delayed till 2022

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
IDK I have always been conflicted about having TOO MUCH structure and simularity when learn the creative arts VS pure exploration. But on the other may lead to other... almost anyone can learn to play and Eddie Van Halen song but how many people can create one of their own?

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
According to the team, Rocksmith+ has world premiere learning tools that take the guesswork out of music mastery.
TF does that even mean? You don’t guesswork when learning music, you just need to put time. Do they really think achievements and score multipliers will make people learn faster? There is lying and there is blatant lying. Fuck Ubisoft.

NeoGiffer

Does this require a guitar or will it come with one? My daughter would dig this.

afa2a116-8a88-48e5-9a5e-275734b6bf7d_text.gif

sUPPh3J.gif

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Never have I more quickly gone from hyped to disappointed than when he said "Subscription Service"

I just wanted a new 50ish song setlist with upgraded learning tools and the option to import all the tracks I've already bought from them. I saw some good songs hidden in that trailer, but I'd personally rather buy the ones I want when I want them.
This series really needs expansion packs. I'd pay $60 for 60 songs a couple times a year. $5 each for a song, or a tiny discount if you get a pack of three or four? It's not really worth it.

Rac3r

I recommend just getting the original Rocksmith on PC (or even mac) and using the website CustomsForge to get songs for free. Great community over there who have made tons of custom DLC.

Top Bottom