• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith+ Official Announce Trailer

>And god forbid you actually have proper audio interfaces and wanna plug your jack cable into that, cause that's too high tech for rocksmith to understand.

That's not true

the rest is your opinion and you're entitled to it

Last edited:

Kimahri

Banned
>And god forbid you actually have proper audio interfaces and wanna plug your jack cable into that, cause that's too high tech for rocksmith to understand.

That's not true

the rest is your opinion and you're entitled to it
Not true? Gee, I wonder why I couldn't get rocksmith to function with my interface then.

I'm sure it works for some, that's how it is with bugs. Some are free of them, some are bogged down by them, but don't come telling me that experience of someone who's worked with audio tech for 20 years is not true.

There's people that are software developers that can't figure out how to get CDLC to work, your anecdote is just that in this case.

Personally i Would've loved "be careful with a fool" from Johnny winter instead of the one they chose to go with .

That was in Rocksmith 2014 as DLC and it's been in Rocksmith+ since launch

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
When is the PS5 version coming so I no longer have to use the PS4 for Rocksmith? And hopefully they fix the HDMI lag (they probably didn't/won't).

Last edited:

JCK75

When is the PS5 version coming so I no longer have to use the PS4 for Rocksmith? And hopefully they fix the HDMI lag (they probably didn't/won't).
There is no way to make this game function with modern consoles, HDMI lag is always going to be an issue and lack of analog options really keeps this game off consoles.. the only way they could make it work is by requiring audio interfaces but not sure that's all possible at least not on Xbox.. that and this model is a failure.. song list is crap and it's userbase is giving up on it.. and ubi is already on the verge of bankruptcy

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
There is no way to make this game function with modern consoles, HDMI lag is always going to be an issue and lack of analog options really keeps this game off consoles.. the only way they could make it work is by requiring audio interfaces but not sure that's all possible at least not on Xbox.. that and this model is a failure.. song list is crap and it's userbase is giving up on it.. and ubi is already on the verge of bankruptcy
Only way I was able to get around it with no HDMI lag was a wireless or wired headset. Without getting a digital to analog converter, or routing to guitar amp.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
HDMI lag is solved by HDMI 2.1 so you are kind of being dramatic about that
No, it is not. It does not solve input lag, just syncs voices better.

The OG game still has input lag, whether it's HDMI2.1 or not. It's the nature of analog vs digital audio return.

That is why it's taking them so long to get the game out on the next-gen consoles. They no longer have optical out to alleviate the input lag issue.

Either way, headsets solve the ARC issues.

Last edited:
It's an interesting theory but I doubt that's why console is actually delayed. They released RS2014 for PS4/XB1 with a similar issue even with optical audio out to mitigate it

Rocksmith+ added new content from Obituary, Pixies, Ricky Skaggs, and Iggy Pop this month. We take a look at what's new and what QoL updates have taken place

Rocksmith+ adds content from Billy Joel, Willie Nelson, and Paul Gilbert this month

Rocksmith+ has added content from Bill Withers, Bowling For Soup, Roxy Music, and more! Also new Visual Updates, and iOS/Android launch worldwide!

FingerBang

I'm curious to try the free trial, but FFS the tracklist is still crap. Basically no Grunge band or 90's alt rock on top of many big bands missing. No Alice in Chains, no Soundgarden, no The Smashing Pumpkins. Not even fucking Nirvana? NO IRON MAIDEN?

7 Pages of Metal songs vs 84 pages of pop songs? Depressing. Rocksmith 2014 had so much more interesting stuff...

BbMajor7th

Man, I learned guitar with library books and hand-me-down magazines... how things have changed. I'm sure this is great, but would definitely recommend people mix this up with other sources, so they're not just parroting and are able to develop their musicality.

Last edited:
I'm curious to try the free trial, but FFS the tracklist is still crap. Basically no Grunge band or 90's alt rock on top of many big bands missing. No Alice in Chains, no Soundgarden, no The Smashing Pumpkins. Not even fucking Nirvana? NO IRON MAIDEN?

7 Pages of Metal songs vs 84 pages of pop songs? Depressing. Rocksmith 2014 had so much more interesting stuff...
Yup, if you’re on PC go and use custom forge if you’re playing Rocksmith 2014. They’ll have something for everyone there.

FingerBang

Well they have Toadies, Everclear, Hum and REM. There's probably more I can't think of atm
I love Hum and I'm surprised to see them there. The thing is, I wouldn't expect them (or Failure) to be there, but I'd expect all the aforementioned bands which have told tons of records. No grunge is so weird. I could only find 2 Pearl Jam songs and I don't even know them. I think the target is not people who like classic rock/metal. I'm not saying most of the stuff there is bad because I don't know most of the stuff there.

Still interested in trying, but not sure I'd pay for a service that doesn't let me learn songs I'd like to learn.

Rocksmith+ adds content from Rick Derringer, Paul Gilbert, Too $hort, Nas, and more!

Rocksmith+ adds content from Malevolent Creation, SCANDAL, Backstreet Boys, and more!

Rocksmith+ celebrates it's launch anniversary with content from Linkin Park Twisted Sister Otis Redding Deicide Type O Negative and more!

MacReady13

Excellent! I've ALWAYS wanted to jam out on the bass to the rock band Backstreet Boys and that hard rocking musician Nas!!! YAY!!! Where do I sign up to subscribe to this bulls... er I mean this awesome music tutorial?!

Rocksmith+ adds full albums from Fear Factory, Death, Misfits (minus 5 songs), and songs from other Ubisoft Titles!

Rocksmith+ announces new partnership with Warner Chappell Music, music from Paramore, Green Day, Meshuggah, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, and a new approach to music licensing which includes studio recorded covers (Van Halen, Elton John)

Rocksmith+ adds content from Coldplay, Disturbed, Meshuggah, and covers from various artists including Pantera, Megadeth, Muse, and Metallica (in some regions). Hints at 30 Green Day songs to come!

We recap the reddit AMA and check out the latest Rocksmith+ Dev Voices video which confirms MUSE will return to Rocksmith+ with five songs next month (including Hysteria and Supermassive Black Hole)

Rocksmith+ adds 14 Green Day songs, The Police "Every Breath You Take", and covers from Van Halen, Megadeth, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Snow Patrol. Plus we take a look at what else could be coming in 2024 👀

Rocksmith+ adds Green Day (Full album of Dookie), MUSE (Stockholm Syndrome, Knights of Cydonia, Time is Running Out, Hysteria, Supermassive Black Hole), and covers from Adele and Elton John

Last edited:

Rocksmith+ is bringing SEVEN songs from Metallica this month, but there is a caveat...

Rocksmith+ brings 30 Paramore songs, The Doobie Brothers, Chris Isaak, Covers from Smashing Pumpkins + Eric Clapton, and a stealth drop of two Green Day songs. Plus, some long awaited QoL updates

Top Bottom