• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games The Warriors PS2 Version Out For PS4 On EU PSN

That game was good... real good.

warriro2.gif

LewieP

Great game, although like most multiplatform releases from that era there is a better version than the PS2 version available. I don't think the PS2 version is as compromised as the GTA games were on the platform though. With the enhancements that these releases get on PS4, it might be the best version.

First time there's been a PS2 game out on PS4 that I'd already bought the PS2 Classics version on PSN. Yep, pretty resentful about that. I'd probably pay a quid or two to upgrade, although I'd have preferred if they were crossbuy.

Edit: PSP game is the same, but obviously somewhat cut down. Not sure if the PSP version had any form of coop, which is where the game really shines in my view.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Rockstar is one of the few devs really taking advantage of PS2 Classics

Look at GTAV and you'll see a company who knows how to get payed for a product. The Warriors is awesome! Was waiting for it to be released again.

I was thinking about buying this again for ps3, but might just grab the ps4 version instead.

Game really had no right to be as good as it was. Fantastic fun all around.

Take two mentioned in their financials that the PS2PS4 game releases are doing very well for them but it is to be expected since they have some of the most popular games on the service.

LewieP

To be fair the PS2 era is where Rockstar really made their name. A lot of people hold their games from this era in high regard, possibly moreso than any other dev. I doubt that there's anyone who'd get much higher sales then Rockstar other than perhaps Square-Enix and Sony first party.

Shin-chan

You would think that if Rockstar thinks it's worth it to set up some of their smaller games, other publishers would find it worthwhile to do it with their larger ones.

Maybe it's coming but the process is more time consuming than we realise?

Recall

These PS2 emulation ports were on PS3, right? I wonder how difficult or easy it was to get them ready for PS4?

Trophies are quite straight forward to implement (for most games) but I wonder if it's just as easy with creating the visual upgrade.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
If anyone has ever enjoyed beat'em up games or the movie the Warriors you would be doing yourself a disservice not picking this game up. Its an incredible homage to the original film that actually expands on several elements to make a more fully fleshed out game. The game itself its got a meaty, fun to use fighting system that is brutal as it is flashy but still quite grounded. Its an all around excellent game and everyone should try it out.

I'll buy this at some point, although I'm waiting on a price drop. I remember really liking it when I played it about a decade ago. Probably the closest thing to a good 3D Streets of Rage there has ever been.

Is this an open world game? I'm a huge fan of Street of Rage series and I have that itch for a good beat'em up. If this is a open world game could kills my mood though

I'd be so down for some kind of remaster or sequel or spiritual successor. The Warriors is possibly the best licensed game I've ever played.

SomTervo

NeooooGAF.... Come out to playyyyayyyyy

NeoooooooGAFFFFF... Come out to PLAYYYYAYYYYY

Is this an open world game? I'm a huge fan of Street of Rage series and I have that itch for a good beat'em up. If this is a open world game could kills my mood though

Don't think PS2 could handle that open world shit, man. I haven't played this but I'm 98% certain it's not open world.

Top Bottom