• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games The Warriors PS2 Version Out For PS4 On EU PSN

Is this an open world game? I'm a huge fan of Street of Rage series and I have that itch for a good beat'em up. If this is a open world game could kills my mood though

As I recall the game has two 'phases'; the first is generally going around the neighbourhood and being all gang-like, stealing car radios, starting fights and whatnot. I think it has a very small open area, as in a few street blocks. Then, the second half of the game is based around the events from the film, and basically involves getting into fights & running away from fights. I wouldn't really describe any of it as open world though.

dreamfall

I wonder if the framepacing/input lag is bad. I want to see some DF analysis! Playing on PCSX2, I kept feeling like my controls were slightly off, probably my setup.

Any impressions? Look good in 1080? 30fps? I'll probably buy no matter what though. Never beat my old copy so it's great now I can play on ps4 with trophies.

Nuke Soda

That game was good... real good.

warriro2.gif

CAN YOU DIG IT?

RAIDEN1

Why is the "stream" so low though in terms of getting more back catalogue games out onto the PS4 and Xbox-one, in the absence of any decent demos and the barren months till August it'd be great to get into some more PS2/1 classics....

LewieP

Why is the "stream" so low though in terms of getting more back catalogue games out onto the PS4 and Xbox-one, in the absence of any decent demos and the barren months till August it'd be great to get into some more PS2/1 classics....

Reluctance from third parties unsure if the cost will be worth the revenue.

I also think Sony is reluctant to put out any of their first party games that had a most likely superior release as a "Classics HD" on the PS3.

Edit: Beyond that, lots of games had things like licensed soundtrack, licensed ip, licensed vehicles and other stuff that would restrict a digital re-release without renegotiating a license. There's work involved in that process, and it might not even result in being able to re-release. Publishers could be averse to this risk.

There's also a few publishers from this era that are no longer around, some games that it's not entirely clear who owns them due to assets and ownership changing hands, and a handful of games that probably couldn't be re-released for legal reasons (Psi-Ops comes to mind).

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Are these PS2 games running at 1080p yet?

I want - to come out and play. But I'm waiting for someone to come in and confirm any differences between the Euro and US version. I.E. - 50Hz or 60Hz - so I know which one to buy.

LewieP

Are these PS2 games running at 1080p yet?

Sub-1080p because PS2 games won't directly scale to 1080p. It's double the vertical and horizontal resolution, so 4x the original pixel count.

Edit: That's the internal resolution, it's then scaled to 1080p, with black bars to maintain the original aspect ratio (not sure about PS2 games that had a widescreen mode though).

Tenrius

Is this an open world game? I'm a huge fan of Street of Rage series and I have that itch for a good beat'em up. If this is a open world game could kills my mood though

It's not open world. It's a series of linear missions with a small hub area to mess around in between them.

NeooooGAF.... Come out to playyyyayyyyy

NeoooooooGAFFFFF... Come out to PLAYYYYAYYYYY

Don't think PS2 could handle that open world shit, man. I haven't played this but I'm 98% certain it's not open world.

Ummmm, San Andreas says high and that's just the most prominent example. There is a bunch of open world games on the PS2.

Impressions? Tech-related oc

Its awesome, just as it was back then. Plays exactly the same.

Tech wise, I'm not the best to answer this but I assume runs at 30fps, and have come across a few dips here and there but nothing major. Nothing the ruins the gameplay.

bryanee

How does this control, what other Rockstar game is it most like in that regard? I'm not the biggest fan of the way RS games from that era controlled.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How does this control, what other Rockstar game is it most like in that regard? I'm not the biggest fan of the way RS games from that era controlled.

Bully. It's basically the same combat system. Sleeping Dogs being a later version of it. A lot of the same team.

Drahcir

Probably somewhat like Bully with some Manhunt segments. Still, in terms of control, I'd say it is the best controlling Rockstar game of the PS2 era.

The Argus

We know this but OG Xbox games are not BC on Xbone, so no.

Technically this isn't BC either. It's a $15 11 year old game with upres and trophies.

With today's news, Microsoft and their Rockstar game won. RDR is a much better game and it cost nothing to replay if you already own it, or less than $10 of you don't.

Son Of D

Are PS2 games on EU PSN the 50hz versions? Just want to know whether I should get this on my EU account or my US account.

Whoa. Had no idea this was coming out, much less already out. I think i'm going to have to pick this up. I hope you can do co op with share play

Bauer24

I'm clutching at straws, but i'm hoping this game gets many sales in the hope that Rockstar release a sequel...

Or something to tie in with the proposed TV series

Top Bottom