• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games The Warriors PS2 Version Out For PS4 On EU PSN

Gacha-pin

initial screen
MaDlnYf.jpg
normal
aGX2HyY.jpg

wide
WmqJ3p5.jpg

normal
KCBwoE9.jpg

wide
MDmpdx6.jpg

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
initial screen

That looks pretty decent actually. I noticed someone said the frame rate is decent so it seems like this turned out pretty well. I may jump in and pick it up tonight. I LOVED this game back in the day.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
The Argus said:
Technically this isn't BC either.
It's a PS2-ISO running on an emulator - ie. it doesn't involve porting work from publishers. If we ever hope to see XB1 classics return, it's not gonna be through ports either (and I admit, it'd make me more interested in MS's "ecosystem" if that happened).

legbone

Midnight club? On that point how are the PS2 versions? especially 3 DUB Edition.

DUB is a great game. Wonderful customization options. However, for pure racing, Midnight Club 2 is the best of the Midnight Club series. Hell, Midnight Club 2 is possibly in my top 10 racing/driving games of all time.

edit: As for the Warriors, I bought this for full price this morning. Even picked up Bully to throw some money at Rockstar for that RDR PS4 remaster (j/k). I'm with the poster above that said they would pay 65 for a full remaster of this. I would too.

Shame its not a remaster but still, it was a really good game, so I might pick this up at some point, although I still have it on my PS2, so I could set it up again.

Shame they don't make many games like this anymore, I would love a really well made, next gen Streets of Rage / Final Fight, scrolling beat em up type game.

Robso

This has a really dodgy frame rate. Running around sees the frame rate deteriorate constantly. EU version, btw.

Raitaro

This has a really dodgy frame rate. Running around sees the frame rate deteriorate constantly. EU version, btw.

Is it 50hz then, or "just" unstable in its framerate? I never played the original version and was interested to try this re-release but not if I still have to deal with that 50hz crap that ruined so many games for me over the years.

Robso

Is it 50hz then, or "just" unstable in its framerate? I never played the original version and was interested to try this re-release but not if I still have to deal with that 50hz crap that ruined so many games for me over the years.

I think it's 60. The frame rate is definitely all over the place. The game feels like it dips significantly when just running around.

Chabbles

Well that fucking sucks. I had to stop playing the PS2 version on PS3 over the frame rate and input lag, was hopping this one would be better. Maybe the US release will be.

Top Bottom