• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar is working on a Medieval IP called "Project Ethos"

Aaron Olive

The showcase we never got
Sounds like project Agent all over again………..
Agent.0.0.jpg

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Still sold well. I'm glad they didn't budge and sell out their vision. Last reported to have sold over 5 million copies.

Agreed. It was a brave move to stick to their vision and not bow down to the online attack dogs.

I really hope we get a sequel one day.

Moses85

Information comes from one of the dudes who is sharing the leaked GTA V source-code
  • This new IP promises to BEAT HEAD with big names in the genre, such as Skyrim and Elden Ring
  • The name of this project is "Project Medieval/Ethos"
  • This new game will have an emphasis on combat with swords, rather than firearms, featuring weapons such as crossbows and war

Source

This game will never see the day of light.

Whats was the last non GTA or RDR Game by Rockstar?

Table Tennis, Bully or Manhunt 2?

mdkirby

Could be great…but also kinda disappointed to hear, I’d have loved to have seen what rockstar could do with a future/sci fi setting preferably an interstellar space opera.

ProtoByte

I mean Read Dead doesnt have large populations. That's not really a requirement

I think of it more as a Red Dead Redemption in a different era than a "GTA".
Ya know what, you're right. Red Dead slipped my mind because it doesn't appeal to me at all. My biases are showing.

This is something Rockstar would need to consider. If they wanted to go historically accurate and make it diverse to avoid controversy, they'd might want to base they're game in 15th century Greece/Turkey, which was then divided between the Ottomans and the Byzantine Empire (Rome), rather than say, 14th century Scotland or Norway.
Now that you mention it, I wonder how AC Valhalla slipped under the radar in that regard, despite having almost zero ethnic diversity. Maybe AC's previous entries granted it some grace in that regard. Don't think R* would get away with it, with their games being cultural bellwethers. Though I hope the global economy finally rejects Larry Fink's will by the time they come out with a post GTA6 title.

Svejk

They can keep it in the oven for a decade and throw all the millions of dollars and hours into development, and it still will not reach the gameplay levels that Dragon's Dogma 2 will grace us with. It's literally impossible.

Still, I'm interested on their gritty take, but expecting the inaccuracies to be laughable.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Kingdom Come:

An epic RPG based on medieval, European history without any fantasy BS. It was a pretty good game.

However, it also got a lot of flack for not being diverse, as in every character was white. The Devs defended this as historically accurate, but it wasn't enough for the mob.

"How dare you make a medieval history game set in a tiny slice of your native, overwhelmingly white Bohemia and not stuff it full of black Africans!"

giphy.gif

Fuck those braindead retards. I really, really hope that the rumors of a sequel set in Prague are still coming true.

Last edited:

Flabagast

"How dare you make a medieval history game set in a tiny slice of your native, overwhelmingly white Bohemia and not stuff it full of black Africans!"

giphy.gif

Fuck those braindead retards. I really, really hope that the rumors of a sequel set in Prague are still coming true.
Its 100% sure they are making a sequel. I did not know it was in Prague though

Top Bottom