• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksteady's upcoming game will NOT be a Suicide Squad game, but rather a Justice League game (Classic Bait & Switch marketing technique)

Rocksteady Studio is pulling the classic Bait & Switch when it comes to their upcoming DC game.

Now, first, there's been several rumors over the past several years regarding Rocksteady developing a Superman game. Then, later on, rumors about a justice league game surfaced but sounded too good to be true.

When Rocksteady tweeted out the official confirmation of their new title, it wasn't entirely confirmed to be exclusively just about Suicide Squad:

As you see here, there is a very clear and deliberate focus on Superman in this picture.

Why just Superman? Why not Batman as well or the rest of the Justice League?

Well, let me tell you something: this game will have both Suicide Squad AND Justice League in ONE game.

Rocksteady have been working on this title for more than 4 years and still no release date was given. I believe that Rocksteady will pull a bait and switch this August 22nd and reveal that the game is, in fact, about the Justice League AND Suicide Squad, both playable.

I look forward to August 22nd when we will know more about the game. Let me know your thoughts, GAF.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Could be what you think, or maybe not. Your article title reads like statement of fact. It's an opinion at the moment.

We'll see what happens. I posted elsewhere what I think it could be. I found a storyline about the two teams clashing with SS being tasked with killing the JL.

Belmonte

If the game is some kind of Justice League Vs Suicide Squad, it doesn't make sense to play as Justice League, since they are too powerful. Justice League needs S rank villains to have a challenge.

And there is the game design challenge...doing a game about Superman is hard. About the entire Justice League is harder. Then how about Justice League + Suicide Squad? There are a lot of powers and skills for the game design accommodate!

If the game is more arcade, like X-men Legends or Marvel Ultimate Alliance, then sure. But it is not the type of game Rocksteady usually do.

Valt7786

Surely the best way to do a game like this involving superman is to just have segments with him where you can just go ham and be overpowered for a bit? Doing a whole game with him like that is going to be hard to do, but the odd section every now and then should be ok, right?

Spaceman292

Banned
Rocksteady Studio is pulling the classic Bait & Switch when it comes to their upcoming DC game.

Now, first, there's been several rumors over the past several years regarding Rocksteady developing a Superman game. Then, later on, rumors about a justice league game surfaced but sounded too good to be true.

When Rocksteady tweeted out the official confirmation of their new title, it wasn't entirely confirmed to be exclusively just about Suicide Squad:

As you see here, there is a very clear and deliberate focus on Superman in this picture.

Why just Superman? Why not Batman as well or the rest of the Justice League?

Well, let me tell you something: this game will have both Suicide Squad AND Justice League in ONE game.

Rocksteady have been working on this title for more than 4 years and still no release date was given. I believe that Rocksteady will pull a bait and switch this August 22nd and reveal that the game is, in fact, about the Justice League AND Suicide Squad, both playable.

I look forward to August 22nd when we will know more about the game. Let me know your thoughts, GAF.

Maybe you should add the word 'might' into the title you clickbate sperg.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Game starts where you play as Batman after the Suicide Squad go to Smallville to kill Superman. Batman follows them back to Gotham to kill them. Then halfway through the game you play from the perspective of Captain Kangaroo explaining why they killed Superman.

My insider sources told me. It was Dusk Golem

NickFire

IMO, it would only be a bait and switch if they reveal something contradictory with a prior reveal, AFTER they receive preorders or purchases. If in fact the game ends up like OP suspects, and we find out before spending any money, that's just marketing.

Also - I think it was IGN who referenced a story line in some comics that this could be based off, which focused on good guys becoming bad and suicide squad being enlisted to stop them. Something like that,

johntown

Banned
Regardless, I will give the game a shot. I liked the first 2 Batman games they did so I am hoping whatever this game turns out to be will be equally as good.

FunkMiller

I'm actually more interested in a game that pitches you against the Justice League. Sounds like a proper challenge, if you have to find ways to take down the likes of Batman.

But, if it's a GaaS it'll probably be shite, either way...

Vawn

Banned
While we're pulling things out of our butts and presenting as factual, the game will also be a cart racer.

MrS

Banned
Still not getting my hard earned cash so your marketing ploy has failed spectacularly, WB.

Top Bottom