• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rodea the Sky Soldier delayed to November

NIS America has delayed Rodea the Sky Soldier once again. The game, originally planned for September before being delayed to mid-October, will now launch for Wii U and 3DS on November 10 in North America and November 13 in Europe.

The company cites “ongoing technical difficulties” for the delay and is pushing back the release “in order to give players the best experience possible.”

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/rodea-sky-soldier-delayed-november

Richie

Wonder if this is more debugging for the Wii version, given that unlike the 3DS and Wii U ones, that one would be more complicated to patch down the line. Aside from Skyward Sword, did any Wii game receive a patch?

Ridley327

Wonder if this is more debugging for the Wii version, given that unlike the 3DS and Wii U ones, that one would be more complicated to patch down the line. Aside from Skyward Sword, did any Wii game receive a patch?

I don't think any retail Wii game ever got an actual patch. The "patch" for Skyward Sword was its own app. VC and WiiWare games did get patched, though.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Excellent this gives me more time to play Heavensward and mainly play Senran Kagura 2.

Bit miffed it got delayed though.

rjc571

Banned
They delayed it so they could replace the bastardized Wii U version with a port of the original Wii game for the Wii U which keeps that version's control scheme, gameplay mechanics, framerate, and visual style while running in HD /pipedream

BTA

My limited edition pre-order is secured, but I'm not sure I'll be able to play it come November.

Same here; it would have been out the week I'd be home and could use my family's Wii U (...though I didn't realize it'd be out early enough for that until it got delayed). Guess I'll be playing in Decemeber.

Did they only just release a press release, though? I thought this was known for a few days now.

I don't think any retail Wii game ever got an actual patch. The "patch" for Skyward Sword was its own app. VC and WiiWare games did get patched, though.

I don't think the Skyward Sword channel actually patched the game as much as edited the save file that had the bug.

The same thing occurred with Other M earlier. If you immediately went backwards from one save room (there really wasn't a reason you should do this) instead if forward your progress would be blocked.

In that case Nintendo had players send their SD cards to Nintendo to fix the problem.

"Ongoing technical difficulties", what even is that with a localization?

I'm glad this isn't happening with DanganRonpa anyway. Man, I'd be miffed if that had gotten delayed twice.

Still, I can't help but feel this game is going to do extremely badly in the west. I struggle to find more than a couple of people on various forums I visit who are hyped for it and given that it's NISA it's not going to get much mainstream traction. I'm very interested in it myself, but I don't own a WiiU or 3DS atm so I'll have to pick it up down the line.

At this point, I think that they simply want to launch as close to Christmas season as possible while not pissing off less understanding part of fanbase by just announcing that.

The only major thing that is not shared with Japanese version, tech wise, assuming the programmers aren't crazy that is, is potential 50Hz support for home console versions, but 1) they could just skip/botcher it and nobody would mind, 2) this doesn't affect America anyway.

AniHawk

"Ongoing technical difficulties", what even is that with a localization?

it's being translated into english, french, and german, while keeping english/japanese voices for all languages, for all versions of the game, of which there are six (3ds, wii, and wii u for north america and europe).

Still, I can't help but feel this game is going to do extremely badly in the west. I struggle to find more than a couple of people on various forums I visit who are hyped for it and given that it's NISA it's not going to get much mainstream traction. I'm very interested in it myself, but I don't own a WiiU or 3DS atm so I'll have to pick it up down the line.

it's not going to light the world on fire, but i don't think it'll megabomba. even if it does worse than wonderful 101 (like what danganronpa did), that can be a success for a company like nisa.

AniHawk

siliconera has the reversible cover art

rodeaskysoldierreversiblecover_thumb.png

oh and with this delay, rodea becomes the last wii game again (so far).

Shauni

My Amazon order got delayed recently, so I figured as much. Fine with me though; September is already a really congested month.

So this will include both a Wii U boxed copy and Wii boxed copy?

It's one package, but both have their own disc, I believe.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I wonder if they're taking the opportunity to improve the performance of the 3DS version, or to add New 3DS compatibility or something.

siliconera has the reversible cover art

rodeaskysoldierreversiblecover_thumb.png

oh and with this delay, rodea becomes the last wii game again (so far).

While super neat I really wish they just offered the Wii Boxart as a separate cover.

I mean who is going to put Wii Box art on a blue Wii U case. Most reversible cover art is not the standard format with console logo.

I would like an extra copy so I could get a white case and put the cover art on it.

I'm hoping against hope that maybe the limited edition will have a separate case.

AniHawk

While super neat I really wish they just offered the Wii Boxart as a separate cover.

I mean who is going to put Wii Box art on a blue Wii U case. Most reversible cover art is not the standard format with console logo.

I would like an extra copy so I could get a white case and put the cover art on it.

I'm hoping against hope that maybe the limited edition will have a separate case.

i can almost guarantee that it will not.

Pre-ordered that limited edition a whiles back, although I admit it's mostly because Rodea is becoming more and more a strange curiosity. It being the (probably) last Wii game only adds to that.

it's not going to light the world on fire, but i don't think it'll megabomba. even if it does worse than wonderful 101 (like what danganronpa did), that can be a success for a company like nisa.

Did DanganRonpa perform worse than Wonderful 101? I didn't know we had any sales figures for W101, compared to the 200k we got for DanganRonpa 1 & 2.

But yeah, I get what you're saying, but I doubt it's going to perform anywhere close to W101. Maybe I'm wrong on that and there's hidden hype I'm not seeing.

AniHawk

Did DanganRonpa perform worse than Wonderful 101? I didn't know we had any sales figures for W101, compared to the 200k we got for DanganRonpa 1 & 2.

But yeah, I get what you're saying, but I doubt it's going to perform anywhere close to W101. Maybe I'm wrong on that and there's hidden hype I'm not seeing.

talking about the us. w101 did 20k its first month and danganronpa did less than 13k. i think the debut for danganronpa 2 was similar.

also you're comparing one game to two games with two regions combined.

also you're comparing one game to two games with two regions combined.

Well no, I was comparing the only numbers I was aware of for LTD sales, since I didn't know whether there was anything out there for Wonderful 101. Did we not get anything past first month?

Also, why would EU not count for this when NISA release games in both regions?

AniHawk

Well no, I was comparing the only numbers I was aware of for LTD sales, since I didn't know whether there was anything out there for Wonderful 101. Did we not get anything past first month?

Also, why would EU not count for this when NISA release games in both regions?

because i'm comparing w101 to danganronpa where we only have first month sales for sure.

you can expect that european sales would be less for both.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!

Pretty sure I remember The Conduit being patched. The way they did it, though, was by Nintendo pushing out a Wii system update that included a Conduit-specific patch. Weird way to do it, but I guess that was the only way.

Top Bottom