• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story |OT| They rebel - SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's dumb to compare TFA, which absolutely isn't meant to stand on its own, with a film that is pretty much self-contained. I guarantee I'll be watching Rogue One more than TFA until that trilogy is finished. Then it makes sense to reassess.

bill0527

Can someone explain to me why I am not able to get the Blu-Ray off the Amazon US website?

I wanted to pre-order and it wasn't available. Ohhhh you could pre-order the digital version if you'd like, but no option or even a placeholder screen for the physical copy.

Day of release, physical copy order screen finally appears, but they are "OUT OF STOCK" but you can at least order it and they'll send it to you when they get more.

Now here we are almost a week after release, still nothing in stock. I can walk into any local retail store and pick this up but I can't get it from Amazon. I wanted to buy from Amazon because I've got credit there. Can any retail gurus explain this to me? Probably the biggest blu Ray release of the year and I can't buy it from Amazon. Is this some kind of shenanigans where they want you to order the digital copy hoping you'll break down and buy it so they can get a cut and then they'll magically start to fill physical orders after a certain window of time has expired?

AndersK

Just popped in The Blu Ray for the first time; first screen abdblanguage select is Chirrut and Baze. Disney knows what's up.

Watching for the 4th time now, and I've honestly grown fonder each time. Characters largely lack more compelling charactization, or time to be fleshed out really, but I'm so fond of the two guardians.

3rd act remains immaculate.

Edit: I'm liking the sort of meta music-narrative going on. It'd Star Wars, but different. My first viewing I remember being annoyed that the score kinds sounded like vintage Star Wars, but not fully. Man, that's probably the single biggest thing that grows on me regarding this movie.

And the scene(s) where Krennic realises he's about to be death star'ed

Beautiful

Cetra

What a boring movie. Awful characterization. The droid ruled tho. And the last Vader scene was fantastic. CG Tarkin and Leia... please, Star Wars directors... never do shit like that again.

I just watched it, it was ok. Film moves super fast so you don't really get to car all that much about the charcters except on a superficial level.

+Just like TFA the film looked gorgous and did a good job at modernizing what Star Wars looks like.

+ The Blind guy, and robot were cool. Plus I didn't dislike an charcter.

+Vader wrecking shit was dope

+ I liked how they killed every one off as I wasn't expecting that. I thought atleast a couple would live.

+I liked how it led directly into ANH. Didn't think the two would be that closly linked.

-FIlm moves way too fast.

-Forest Whitaker is super under utilized.

-FIlm doesn't really have much emotional weight to it.

- CGI Tarkin was ass. Leia wasn't as bad but I think it's cause we didn't see much of her. Idk I always find it a bit weird to literally resurrect someone using CGI. Something about it was always unsettling to me.

How are
R2 and 3PO supposed to be on the corellian corvette to receive the DS plans from Leia in a ANH when they're on the surface of Yavin for a cameo after the admiral has already left with the flagship which was carrying Leia and the escape corvette.

:/

How are
R2 and 3PO supposed to be on the corellian corvette to receive the DS plans from Leia in a ANH when they're on the surface of Yavin for a cameo after the admiral has already left with the flagship which was carrying Leia and the escape corvette.

:/

He hadn't left yet. He'd returned to his ship to get ready for battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom