• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer #2 (Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still believe Finn is secretly a Jedi(specifically a Jedi Sentinel, not Force User or Consular) based on a long list of evidence from the movie and previous star wars lore, but this isn't the topic for my explanation.
I wanna hear your theories!
I dont think Gareth Edwards has the chops to do the human drama needed in the main episodes.
He can assist, doesn't have to be the main director or anything and there's more to this looking great than just Edwards

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna hear your theories!

This makes absolutely no sense :p

Just to name a few examples:

Kylo Ren noticing Finn's force presence at the beginning of the film. The big evil(Snoke) says 'there has been an awakening' before Rey actually awakened with the force at all. How he got used to using a lightsaber in combat relatively quickly, where it has been mentioned before that it takes a while to even wield correctly for some users out there. He 'heard' the screams when the planet was blown up by that planet killer beam.

That's just a sample. Finn is force sensitive imo(probably as much as Leia was near the end of episode 6 which isn't much and explains why people think he isn't a jedi) and he is on the road to being a Jedi Sentinel if he gets the proper training(from who I'm not sure). Edit: Be sure to look up what a Jedi Sentinel is. They draw power through combat, not force use. Don't expect him to eventually move things around easily, do force jumps, force push, or use force persuasion like Obi Wan.

Kylo Ren noticing Finn's force presence at the beginning of the film. The big evil(Snoke) says 'there has been an awakening' before Rey actually awakened with the force at all. How he got used to using a lightsaber in combat relatively quickly, where it has been mentioned before that it takes a while to even wield correctly for some users out there. He 'heard' the screams when the planet was blown up by that planet killer beam.

That's just a sample. Finn is force sensitive imo(probably as much as Leia was near the end of episode 6 which isn't much and explains why people think he isn't a jedi) and he is on the road to being a Jedi Sentinel if he gets the proper training(from who I'm not sure).

Oh I thought you meant he was secretly a Jedi in that he was a Jedi pretending to be a Stormtrooper lol

I think he is Force sensitive.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I thought you meant he was secretly a Jedi in that he was a Jedi pretending to be a Stormtrooper lol

No lol, however there was an arc in Star Wars Rebels which had a Jedi pretending to be a stormtrooper. It even showed how they do training and what they believe to be right and just.

Death Star is not a historical event. It is fiction. But in both cases, fiction or nonfiction, should the odds or the will it happen/will it not happen not be too much of a focus when the ending is a foregone conclusion.

The mystery in this film will definitely be "does the team survive?" though, and that's definitely an unknown at this point.

tbh, the evidence for Force-sensitive Finn is reeeeeal thin.

Kylo Ren noticing Finn's force presence at the beginning of the film.

The plot itself resolves this.

He noticed him because he wasn't slaughtering villagers like everyone else was. This is also why he immediately recalls Finn's call sign when a traitor is mentioned.

The big evil(Snoke) says 'there has been an awakening' before Rey actually awakened with the force at all.

That line never had to be about a person having an obvious interaction with the Force. It could simply be about the Force influencing events to come - for example, leading BB-8 right to Rey.

How he got used to using a lightsaber in combat relatively quickly, where it has been mentioned before that it takes a while to even wield correctly for some users out there.

He killed one dude by stabbing him in the back, then got his ass handed to him in both of the melee contests.

He 'heard' the screams when the planet was blown up by that planet killer beam.

It never occurred to you that might be the people less than a hundred yards away?

I believe the same production teams are moving from
sw film to sw film. Art design, production design etc.
That's good to hear then, they've really taken it up a notch in Rogue One and I hope that translates into ep8

That's just a sample. Finn is force sensitive imo(probably as much as Leia was near the end of episode 6 which isn't much and explains why people think he isn't a jedi) and he is on the road to being a Jedi Sentinel if he gets the proper training(from who I'm not sure). Edit: Be sure to look up what a Jedi Sentinel is. They draw power through combat, not force use. Don't expect him to eventually move things around easily, do force jumps, force push, or use force persuasion like Obi Wan.

I can get behind this.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
tbh, the evidence for Force-sensitive Finn is reeeeeal thin.

The plot itself resolves this.

He noticed him because he wasn't slaughtering villagers like everyone else was. This is also why he immediately recalls Finn's call sign when a traitor is mentioned.

That line never had to be about a person having an obvious interaction with the Force. It could simply be about the Force influencing events to come - for example, leading BB-8 right to Rey.

He killed one dude by stabbing him in the back, then got his ass handed to him in both of the melee contests.

It never occurred to you that might be the people less than a hundred yards away?

Evidence obviously goes both ways, which I think was the point of his arc and why I didn't state it as fact but just likely that he is force sensitive. However, your last point you made about distance is such an odd one that I'm starting to think you're being sarcastic. Are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom