• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Trailer #2 (Official)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro

Anyone else find the lack of aliens strange? Sure there was one little scene but still needed more aliens.

OldRoutes

Anyone else find the lack of aliens strange? Sure there was one little scene but still needed more aliens.

They're be plenty of aliens, don't worry!

OokeAKB.jpg

1eA2vQK.jpg

j3pVSR1.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This trailer fills me with tremendous joy and I cannot wait to jump back on the Star Wars wagon.

NightOnyx

I don't think most/any of the main characters are. I think this is a suicide mission

Yeah I am pretty sure most or all will die, and I hope Vader is the reason for a lot of those deaths. I really hope we get some scenes of Vader being a badass. Probably shouldn't get my hopes up though, he'll probably just be in the movie for like a minute.

Jibbed

S0PFwF8.jpg

Hammerhead Cruiser from Star Wars: Rebels.
originally KOTOR

Radio cameo from the Ghost crew, maybe? You can see a fairly significant Rebel fleet a few frames later in that shot.

Something about the trailer doesn't quite sit well with me. I loved the last trailer, but I think the dialogue or something is making me feel a bit more cautious about this one.

The Flash

Banned
Sharp-eyed peeps already catching what appears to be the Hammerhead corvettes from Rebels appearing in this space shot:

eMg4TzF.png

And Wookieepedia nerds will know that they are called Hammerheads and that they first appeared in Knights of the Old Republic as the Hammerhead-class cruiser.

Just visually this movie looks frigging fantastic. Those epic wide-shots and incredible vistas are just painting-worthy.

You really get a sense of the vastness of this universe for the first time ever - if you think about it, every Star Wars movie (yes, even Force Awakens) feels very enclosed, there's few grand wide-shots or epic scenes on a major level, and even when there are they are shot so claustrophobic that you really only feel like you see 1/10th of the action. This looks like it's going to give an incredible look at the Star Wars Universe (emphasis on universe) for the first time ever.

Monocle

This is going to be incredible.

The cinematography alone... Most beautiful Star Wars movie confirmed?

And Vader's walk, holy shit.

Chao

That was so boring :/

Looks more like a political drama than a Star Wars movie.

Getting prequel trilogy vibes from this, no thanks.

Davey Cakes

Something about the trailer doesn't quite sit well with me. I loved the last trailer, but I think the dialogue or something is making me feel a bit more cautious about this one.
Same, but you can never fully tell from trailers. Things can be misrepresented and changed.

That said I'm kind of not a fan of Felicity Jones here.

Looks alright. Most dope cast and visuals for a star wars film that's for sure (well at least since ESB on the visual front). Trailer still has me feeling a bit cold but day one.

MattyG

Banned
So probably the same scene?

foWZaw8.jpg

5z76PCg.jpg
Ehhhh, the lighting looks quite different, and the first one makes it look like Krennic is in the middle of the room, while the second one looks like he's either in a hallway or just about to leave. Maybe, though.

Some more lovely screens, I tweaked the levels in one or two to show more detail. Wish there wasn't so much compression:
fME3JCJ.jpg
It might just be something with the motion blur or something, but this really looks like miniatures.

I LOVE IT

Monocle

That was so boring :/

Looks more like a political drama than a Star Wars movie.

Getting prequel trilogy vibes from this, no thanks.
Lol, fuck this.

I don't know what you want in a Star Wars movie, but how could you even enjoy the other ones if this trailer "bored" you?

Relceroi

Neo Member
Trailer was just okay for the most parts, but I'm still looking forward to this movie so much. It’s really nice to finally get to see a Star Wars movie from the perspective of non-Jedi characters. My hopes and expectations for the “Star Wars Story” movies are overall much greater than the ones I have for the main line movies.

You'd think after 7 Star Wars movies people would get the fucking hint.

You're not getting good dialogue so just stop.

After watching it again, I think it is more than the dialogue. It looks a lot different to past movies, and feels like it is cut from different cloth if that makes sense.

Oh I see we're doing the "you can't judge the writing" nonsense again.

But it's okay if your judgement is that you're "hyped" and "on the train." 🤔

Yeah.

Something something... "you lost the plans, didn't you?"

"ITS SO POWERFUL IT DOESN'T MA-"

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzt.

"Look I can explain..."
Yeah, that's exactly how I see it going down

- Rebels get the plans
- Mendelsohn goes inform Vader
- Vader is pissed and confronts him
- Mendelsohn realizes he's fucked because of his failure, hence the "immeasurable power" touting his achievement to save his skin
- Vader smacks that down with an "insignificant to the power of the force" line, ends Mendelsohn, and goes after the rebels

Looks awesome. The big Vader shot fills my soul with hype. I know he's not in it much, but we better get one scene of him just wrecking mother fuckers.

Fliesen

...the film IS called "Rogue One" for a reason, mate.

i actually found it quite charming, tbh.

It's the moment when this group of people who, until now have been mostly strangers to one another (i presume), officially become a team / a crew. Receiving their official 'code name' surely feels awkward to people who are used to keeping off the radar, for most parts of their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom