• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RolePlayers' Realm XVI & XVII: TGS 2011, LOTRO, and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2

Episode 16 Page

Episode 17 Page

It seems that there was no thread for last week's episode, so since both 16 and 17 are related to TGS in some way, I might as well roll them together into one.

XVI kicks off with a segment where Kat and McKinley continue their debate over a theoretical Final Fantasy VII remake (Pro & Con articles). Also for this segment, Kat, McKinley, and Will discuss the bits of TGS news that were trickling out at the time. After that, Kat interviews Lord of the Rings Online producer Aaron Campbell, with a focus on the new "Rise of Isengard" expansion and the state of the game.

XVII starts off with Kat and McKinley talking about Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, released recently on the DS to much praise from monster-raising folk. Then in the next segment, Kat and Richard from Japan go over the rest of the TGS news and Richard's impressions of the games on the show floor.

Episode 16 - Do We Really Need a Final Fantasy VII Remake? (TGS2011, FF remakes, Monster Hunter, LOTRO)
With: Kat Bailey, McKinley Noble, Will Herring, Aaron Campbell (Lord of the Rings Online)

Episode 17 - Wrapping Up TGS 2011 (DQMJ2, TGS2011, Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke)
With: Kat Bailey, McKinley Noble, Richard "from Japan" Eisenbeis

Related links:
The Best of the Upcoming Import Video Games
DQMJ2 review
What Japanese Gamers Think of the PS Vita, 3DS, Dragon Quest X, and More!

RSS Feed
iTunes

Episode 16:
Kat, McKinley and Will sit down to chat about the newly-announced RPGs for Vita and PSP, including the new Final Fantasy X update: Also: An interview with Lord of the Rings Online's Aaron Campbell!

Episode Breakdown: Download it now!

0:00 | Theme & Introduction
0:30 | TGS 3DS and Vita announcements w/ Will & McKinley
22:20| Lord of the Rings Online Interview w/ Aaron Campbell
49:05 | Musical Interlude: To Zanarkand (Final Fantasy X)
49:35 | Outtro & Next Episode

Episode 17:
Kat and Richard in Japan bid farewell to TGS 2011 with a look at all the best (and most obscure) RPGs from the show, but not before McKinley drops by to gush about the recently released Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2.

Episode Breakdown: Download it now!

0:00 | Theme & Introduction
0:30 | Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 w/ McKinley
25:05 | Wrapping up TGS w/ Richard from Japan
01:01:00 | Musical Interlude: Battle (Final Fantasy X)
01:01:35 | Outtro & Next Episode

Just wondering, is the current topic posting method (New threads for new episodes) preferable for the fans here? I can't help but wonder if a single "Super-thread," sort of like what WAHP, TSE, and AVGN have, would be a better option. It would be easier to keep track of and update at the very least, moreso than a bunch of episode threads. Feel free to comment on which method you'd prefer.

An RPG podcast covering TGS and no Ninokuni impressions?!? Why Kat why

Anyway, I'm sure Type-0 will come to NA but I imagine SE is just waiting until after the Japanese release date to announce how. Probably a Vita port or maybe a PS3 remaster

Actually came in the thread to say their review of Joker 2 got me to order the game. I love DQ, but wasn't interested in this spin off till now.

creid said:
Almost got me interested in Joker 2. Almost.

They would have got me... except they mentioned Monster Rancher and now all I want to do it play the real Monster Rancher again. I will except no subsitutes!

Give me an PSN version that turns all my demos, downloadable games and dics into monsters. So many hours wasted checking discs... so many hours

Top Bottom