• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RollerCoaster Tycoon World release date set for December 10th

Zafir

Ah, apologies then. Bought Jotun and Blood Bowl 2 from nuuvem within the last few days with no issues so I figured it'd work as well.

Are you sure it doesn't work via vpn? I was able to sign into paypal and start the payment process but I don't actually want to buy it so I can't follow though :p

I was using a VPN that I pay for and it's just not letting me buy it. Gives the error after I've gone through the paypal checkout. HUKD seemed to have some people manage to get it, so I'm not sure if this check was added or something later. :I Annoying if so. I'd have bought for that price, but I'm not so sure for normal prices.

Piano

Banned
How can people be negative, that behind the scenes video looked great! I'm excited for this

There are a lot of signs pointing to this game being really light on content, and it seems like they're expecting the community to finish the game for them with the Steam Workshop support. With that sort of situation I was expecting a $29.99 pricetag, like Cities: Skylines. At $50 I'm going to have to hear some really positive word of mouth on this one.

Sevenfold

The first beta weekend starts later today for those that preordered. Anyone in? Would love some GAF impressions.

(It's just the coaster builder this weekend)

mishakoz

Im in the beta but I left my steam drive at home. Will post impressions next week.

I'm excited though. All it has to be is good and have the same features as rct3. Then I'd be good.

First time launching the beta and it crashed!

Great start!

Edit: Game runs like pure garbage on my machine.

16 GB RAM
i5 4670K at 3.40GHz
GTX 970

Running at 1080p and getting an atrociously low frame rate.

whyman

I'm so stoked. I'm right now living in this weird era where there is not only one roller coaster sim game releasing, but two competing ones (this and coaster world)

Now if only they would patch rct3 to run multi-threaded I would be so happy. Meh, gonna jump in and play some anyway!

Dont forget theme parkitect!

Anyway, any impressions from this? Worth a buy?

The Argus

First time launching the beta and it crashed!

Great start!

Edit: Game runs like pure garbage on my machine.

16 GB RAM
i5 4670K at 3.40GHz
GTX 970

Running at 1080p and getting an atrociously low frame rate.

All the previews and blogs have had horrible frame rate, so bad I was surprised they even showed some parts in official PR. My mega RC3 park with 30+ coasters and 6000-8500 guests runs at a steady 13 frames per second no matter what the graphics setting is. Figure that's because of the archaic engine as my CPU and GPU remain cool and calm. World can't even do a tenth of that park before melting my card. I don't need 60FPS but at least give me something more like Cities Skyline. Hope things shape up or I just blew 50 bucks.

i7 3770k at 4.5ghz
R9 290X with light OC
16GB 1886 DDR3

Sevenfold

Watched a few streams last night and it put me right off to be honest. People are complaining that the spline builder for the coasters is hard to work with and some are stating that it feels like the game is making the coaster rather than you. More worrying though was one guy's coaster that he could make crash by speeding the game-time up. Just imagine that in an open park with twenty coasters in it.
I had high hopes after the dev diary but the beta's a hot mess and there are six weeks until release and the devs are talking about the beta and changes like there's a year left.

Hope things shape up or I just blew 50 bucks.

Refunds work until release on Steam. Beta does not count toward time played.

EDIT: Release pushed back to 29th December lol.

Yeah, the Beta is pretty bad. I refunded my copy and will wait until after release to see how things improve before I'm locked in to spending $60.

DoT2

I really want this to be good. So, please be good. I loved rct 1 and 2. Easily one of my childhood faves.

ito007

It looks like it has great potential, it just runs like ass right now. Also blows that things like tunnels aren't going to be included until after launch most likely.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good. Please be good.

Please be good.

Fat Goron

Yeah... it doesn't look very good.

To be fair, I think Nvizzio did an impressive job, since they had less than 6 months to try fixing the whole mess Atari created, but with such strict deadline, the guys never really had a chance.

Looking forward to Planet Coaster.

Oddly enough I'm getting used to the coaster editor. Which isn't really a good thing cause it means I've adjusted to all of the usability issues like the dev team probably has. So there goes my beta testing objectivity.

It looks like it has great potential, it just runs like ass right now. Also blows that things like tunnels aren't going to be included until after launch most likely.

According to a dev who was streaming it today, the beta client hasn't had any optimization yet.

For those curious, here the videos (his game/stream crashed a few times) of his playing and commentating and responding to the concerns of those in chat. He also discussed some what is not in the beta but will be in the final game:
http://www.twitch.tv/silent0siris/v/23353512?t=03m50s
http://www.twitch.tv/silent0siris/v/23356698?t=01m19s
http://www.twitch.tv/silent0siris/v/23357447
http://www.twitch.tv/silent0siris/v/23359503 [this is the longest and most worthwhile video]

I actually really liked what I saw, and the game (other than its optimization and memory issues) looked better than I was expecting.

mishakoz

I really hate all the negativity. I haven't had a chance to dive into the beta yet, but I feel as if this game is already super fragile.

Please be good. If good, please make money. If you make money, make more RCT games.

stuminus3

Complete fucking horseshit. I feel bad for the people making this game. Scab Atari is going to ruin their careers.

The Argus

Complete fucking horseshit. I feel bad for the people making this game. Scab Atari is going to ruin their careers.

What sold me was the dev videos and forum presence. They actually seemed to really care about the series even though they were essentially Atari's third choice. I'm hoping the beta we have now is the same build as the one shown in the original videos, and that much had been improved since. It makes sense to not waste dev time and make a new demo (and call it a beta) when you already have one that was used in a few trade shows.

I love the series, and am really rooting for a great entry, or at least the skeleton of one that can be built up on by mods or expansions. If it does end up shit we always have Planet Coaster next year.

Merino

Frontier's Planet Coaster was always going to be the real thing.

Its them that took over from Chris Sawyer and their RCT3 was a major accomplishment in game design. That game is still such a strong 3d sandbox experience. Cant wait to play their next evolution.

They moved the release date to early 2016. The second beta will be pushed back to early December.

They're also adding prefab coaster parts for those who don't want to mess with splines. And improving coaster testing feedback and the mostly useless grid.

So, it's a victory for everyone that thought Atari was gonna make them shove it out the door.

Full blog here

Shepard

They moved the release date to early 2016. The second beta will be pushed back to early December.

They're also adding prefab coaster parts for those who don't want to mess with splines. And improving coaster testing feedback and the mostly useless grid.

So, it's a victory for everyone that thought Atari was gonna make them shove it out the door.

Full blog here

Glad to see they're willing to give this game a chance. General reception from the beta was pretty bad, so they still have a lot of work to do.

ito007

Wow prefab coaster parts is kind of big. That's good they have more time to work on the game though. I'm definitely much more confident it will be a better game now that they pushed the release date back.

Remember guys.
Theres still no piece by piece building and no water rides.
Early 2016 is still to soon and the game is going to be bad. Its not only the problem of the spline coaster system. The cities skylines road system and water physics is CRAP for RCT, and they are not going to change that (colossal order gave them the code of those to use ffs), theres still no peep behaviour apart from the theming system, and thats not going to work well. The art from the game is pretty bland (you can give thanks for this for the 15 year olds at the forums that spouted the word realistic at every chance they had)....
Its obviously not the fault of nvizzio, they cleary dont have the hang of making a sim game (they are difficult to get right), and is even worse when they are forced to make it in 6 months.
Im even surprised that atari let them delay the game, the other 2 studios that were fored didnt have the same luck.

Top Bottom