• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rolling Thunder© (Xbox 360)...

GhaleonEB said:
Compilation of several screens from the GoW thread:
gow_head_pop.gif

Hey guys 15 fps FTL!

GOW sucks!

[/indie]

Amir0x

Banned
thanks for the press release open_mouth. Do you know if Microsoft is going to release an official logo for the "Rolling Thunder©" campaign, or can we expect a prompt photoshop from you?

Amir0x said:
thanks for the press release open_mouth. Do you know if Microsoft is going to release an official logo for the "Rolling Thunder©" campaign, or can we expect a prompt photoshop from you?

The really important question - will these guys be providing the theme tune?

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Amir0x said:

actually, I'm getting it tatooed on my ass as we speak. pics coming soon in the OT forum.

xaosslug

open_mouth_ said:
Assassin's Creed (and more?) 360 bound
One of the PS3's bigger "exclusives" gets announced for 360. Others *rumored* to get the 360 treatment as well.

I know that its been rumored and is pretty much a given... but it was announced?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
xaosslug said:
I know that its been rumored and is pretty much a given... but it was announced?

Yep. A magazine cover, IGN had a story (that they pulled, or something).

It's official. Doesn't even look to be timed, either.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
Why do you all hate (360) Freedom?

Possibilities:
Halo 3 footage
Fable 2 footage
Alan Wake playable
Banjo 360
Halo RTS by Ensemble
Forza 2
Mass Effect playable
Too Human polished up
Chode Chronus stuff?
Blue Dragon blowout
Lost Oddyssey in-game stuff?
etc., etc.

Lots of cool stuff could happen on the 360 side of things during this rolling thunder campaign.

open_mouth_ said:

Lots of cool stuff could happen on the 360 side of things during this rolling thunder campaign.
Nothing MS does will be able to overshadow the inevitable console launches.

Tieno

open_mouth_ said:

Possibilities:
Halo 3 footage
Fable 2 footage
Alan Wake playable
Banjo 360
Halo RTS by Ensemble
Forza 2
Mass Effect playable
Too Human polished up
Chode Chronus stuff?
Blue Dragon blowout
etc., etc.

It's because they're terrorists. Exciting times are ahead though and it's OK to be excited.

Benadryl Hitman said:
Nothing MS does will be able to overshadow the inevitable console launches.
Oh teh noes! It's still good times for people having or interested in a 360.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Cosmonaut X said:
Urf.

I came in here expecting a 360 sequel to: [Rolling Thunder by Namco]

Instead of which I got some fanboy working Microsoft's balls...
Yeah, me too. F*ck you, OP.

Ponn

Banned
We always hear about "rolling thunder" everytime a hurricane is coming. Then it just kind of wobbles off into the ocean or North Carolina and no one gives a shit and goes about their business.

Tieno

Ponn01 said:
We always hear about "rolling thunder" everytime a hurricane is coming. Then it just kind of wobbles off into the ocean or North Carolina and no one gives a shit and goes about their business.
It's a figure of speech, it's not actual thunder!

Odysseus

Banned
Ponn01 said:

Screw you, a-hole!

:(

Ponn

Banned
Odysseus said:
Screw you, a-hole!

:(

Take it out on the hurricanes not me. Everytime I see a storm tracking up the coast and supposedly heading for Jacksonville I end up saying "Well we are safe, NC is screwed though"

Lo-Volt

So, congratulations on Microsoft graduating from World War II PR to the Vietnam era. Jungle bombing for the win?

squicken

open_mouth_ said:

Possibilities:
Halo 3 footage
Fable 2 footage
Alan Wake playable
Banjo 360
Halo RTS by Ensemble
Forza 2
Mass Effect playable
Too Human polished up
Chode Chronus stuff?
Blue Dragon blowout
etc., etc.

You forgot ami's most wanted game of 2006 . . .

http://blogs.ign.com/abcdoug/2006/09/02/29876/

GhaleonEB

Onix said:
and I care?
Probably not, but that joke got old the first several times.

This thread would have gone off better as a "here's what has happened so far, let's speculate". As is, it reads like PR.

Raistlin

GhaleonEB said:

This thread would have gone off better as a "here's what has happened so far, let's speculate". As is, it reads like PR.

I wasn't trying to be a dick ...

... when I came back to the thread (still page 1, after my initial post), I saw the animated gif and made a joke.

I'm sorry if I didn't feel it necessary to go back and edit my post after I realized someone had made a similar joke within the last 10 minutes.

Onix said:
I wasn't trying to be a dick ...

... when I came back to the thread (still page 1, after my initial post), I saw the animated gif and made a joke.

I'm sorry if I didn't feel it necessary to go back and edit my post after I realized someone had made a similar joke within the last 10 minutes.

What were you thinking!

:p

Drek

GhaleonEB said:

Congratulations! You've uncovered MS' "Rolling Thunder". Lots of mindless fanboys creating their own message board pep rallies, spreading FUD, etc. will save MS millions that they otherwise would have spent on viral marketers.

IJoel

I'm eagerly awaiting the flood of downloadable media and demos.

open_mouth_ said:
Others *rumored* to get the 360 treatment as well.

Haha... you'll get banned if you mention them. :p

Drek said:
Congratulations! You've uncovered MS' "Rolling Thunder". Lots of mindless fanboys creating their own message board pep rallies, spreading FUD, etc. will save MS millions that they otherwise would have spent on viral marketers.

Finally MS copying Sony!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
you know, when someone says 'rolling thunder' to me, it paints an image in my head.

Whats been talked about so far seems more like an old lady in a zimmer frame.

O god make the bullsh*t PR stop. We had it before the launch, we had it during the launch, we had it with how many have been 'sold', we had it with how many they say they will sell and now this 'rolling mother f*cking thunder' cr*p, please just shut the hell up microsoft.

MMaRsu

Banned
They seem to be forgetting Saints Row, which will probably be the best sold 360 title to date :).

Top Bottom