• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

ROM of prototype of Die Hard 64 released

DayEnder

Mar 31, 2014

Interesting indeed.

Platy

Nov 26, 2009
Brazil
I expected a port of the arcade beat em up ... interesting that it is an fps.

Makes much more sense considering the movie =P

Jul 25, 2014
Happy trails ho ho ho I got a machine gun

Oh wow, I didn't realize this would be anything more than Die Hard Trilogy on N64.

MrCunningham

Jan 12, 2012
BC Canada
That game was top-tier, too bad it was regulated to the Saturn.

Die Hard Arcade used the ST-V Titan arcade system, which is hardware based on the Sega Saturn. It actually was ported to the PS2 under the non-licensed Japanese name Dynamite Deka.

But man, this Die Hard beta is giving me Goldeneye vibes, especially the soundtrack.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Evans, Colorado
Damn, I'm impressed with the detail on the weapons and environment, was this supposed to be developed late in the N64's life? I mean it was a fairly powerful console, while not as strong as the playstation in many ways, it was certainly a crazy console for the time and living through and playing that thing was something else.

Goldeneye, The World is Not Enough, Conker, Star Fox, and RE2 were all excellent looking games.

MontlyCure

May 7, 2016
Very cool. I would've been begging my parents to get me this as I was all over anything Die Hard as a kid. I remember getting Die Hard Vendetta on GameCube and really being disappointed.

Kikorin

Sep 14, 2014
www.vgnetwork.it
This seems pretty incredible for a N64 game, it's also really close to what has been Die Hard Vendetta, a game that I enjoyed so much on GameCube.