• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Roy (our boy) & Ryu confirmed for Smash Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we have two Roys now. Not that I'm complaining, but do you think the announcer would call the name differently?

The announcer does indeed call both Roys' names differently. He sounds a lot more excited about FE Roy!

It's easy with so much real world inspiration to draw from :/

I hear you. I'm as huge a Smash fan as anyone, but the infantile Smash fanbase will forever mystify me. The sheer ignorance/stupidity of some of the things said in this thread about Ryu and "deservedness" and "relevance" and whatever else is genuinely concerning.

DrArchon

Oh those Mii costumes are great! Battle Network was one of my favorite series so it's great to see some representation.

Also nice to see VF not 100% dead yet.

I wonder if Roy is still just a Marth clone. The game will just have 3 Marths so I hope not. Ryu is pretty amazing. But I'm sad that 3/4 DLC characters so far are just old vets.
Day 1 selling my soul for a Ryu amiibo.

Crocodile

Ryu is far more relevant than mega man, and arguably more so than Sonic as well. I don't think you understand how significant and impactfull SFII was. It created a genre and defined an entire generation. MM is just a platformer in an era that was saturated with platformers.

Huh? No need to throw those other characters under the bus to elevate Ryu. Literally all those characters were hugely popular and influential in their heyday (Mega Man more so in the NES days, Ryu and Sonic in the SNES/Genesis days). Do you even know/remember what most platformers looked like before Mega Man showed up in 86?

Golnei

I swear Ike is almost Ryu with blue hair lol

Especially when they're both drawn by Kita.

ryu.jpg
IkeFE10Portrait_Hero.png

NeonZ

I realise that - hell, I liked him in Melee, I played Roy to my little brother's Marth (tried to give him an advantage to even things up) but a newcomer would generate way more hype and be time better spent imo.

I think there'd have been much louder complaints if rather than adding Roy they had added a new clone newcomer.

So I'm still groggy from waking up, and I don't feel like digging through 20 100ppp pages but were these posted? New Mii costumes

5a5.png_large

66d.png_large

084.png_large

This makes me wonder 3 things.

Virtua Fighter 3DS Classic with online

MMZ Zero costume when?

And will we see a Megaman Brawler costume somehow? Seeing he now has 2 Gunners and a Swordman costume.

zlatko

Banned
I wan tto know how his focus attack will work in here compared to SF4. Can he charge it up, run around, then let it rip? Or can he charge, and it releases after a certain point but can only absorb a hit? Will it absorb multi hits? Does it crumple?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
What price range should we expect for the three character DLC pack? I just bought another fucking amiibo yesterday and I'm coming short on cash. :(

BigFwoosh

Can't believe people are upset about Ryu. We have a game with Mario, Sonic, Pac Man, Mega Man, and RYU. Seriously, how is that not awesome as fuck?

Is there going to be over $100 worth of DLC when all is said and done?

Personally I'm want all of it but like Amiibos I'll wait. I'm hoping next year when everything is released there'll bundle options. At least for the Mii costumes.

If you don't want him, don't buy him

That's not an excuse, selling a clone from an previous episode for 5€ or dollars is still overpriced. Especially when Ryu will be probably at the same price or maybe a bit mor expensive but that's it.

We know that the time and ressources they put to develop a clone is incredibly compared to a brand new character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom