• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Arkham Knight PC

Arkham Knight's release was a disaster.

My first play through was before the first big patch. My PC was

i5 2400 3.1GHz
8GB DDR3 1333GHz
7870XT(Tahiti LE) 2.995 TeraFlops
SSD

I was able to achieve 30fps for the most part with stuttering during the driving parts and some major performance drops during some cut-scenes. Also textures were slow/impossible to load at times. I would have super low definition textures often.

After the first major patch the performance issue pretty much disappeared and the textures loaded appropriately . 1080p/30fps was the norm. My 2GB VRam did limit textures to low however.

Three weeks ago I upgraded to a 6600K@4.4GHz and 16GB 3200MHz DDR4. Two days ago I acquired a 7970 Dual X clocked at 1000GHz. Newest Drivers, fully updated game including season pass and while not optimal the performance is pretty good. I am able to maintain 1080p/60fps@normal settings 99% of the time. There is definitely some drops especially after initial startup, but the longer the game runs the smoother things get.

Still not a good port, but the game is beyond playable

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
How big is the install fine? I'm contemplating buying this and run it from a RAM disk. Would 64GB of RAM be enough?

I'll just pretend that I didn't read the first and last paragraph on the OP.

Yes, the game is fine now. I beat the game in December and I got similar experience with a similar setup with the OP, 7870GE.

I recently played through this. I got it free with my graphic card so I hadn't booted it up before. Found it to be silky smooth and look fantastic. Its a fun game. I have a 980ti and a 4790k so I guess I brute forced it? It ran at pretty much a solid 60fps at 1080p.

I enjoyed it so much I've since been playing through all the other Batman games, in reverse order. Still think the first, Arkham Asylum is best.

jett

D-Member
I have virtually the same card as you, a 280X

Nothing was ever fixed on my end. I never stopped suffering stutters. I don't mean framedrops, I mean the game literally freezes for a second or two (or many more than that) at certain intervals. It's "playable" and I finished it like this, but I would never recommend this to anyone.

MBison

I have virtually the same card as you, a 280X

Nothing was ever fixed on my end. I never stopped suffering stutters. I don't mean framedrops, I mean the game literally freezes for a second or two (or many more than that) at certain intervals. It's "playable" and I finished it like this, but I would never recommend this to anyone.

Ugh. Well if it's bad I'll just say screw it and uninstall.

There was never a complete or user fix for the stutters I guess then?

jett

D-Member
Ugh. Well if it's bad I'll just say screw it and uninstall.

There was never a complete or user fix for the stutters I guess then?

No. Don't pay attention to anyone that says otherwise. I wasted way too much of my time trying out so-called fixes.

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get a 99% consistent 30 FPS on max settings when it first came out. I loved the game, and it's one of my favorites from last year.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I tried playing it after all the patches and I couldn't hold 60fps while driving or gliding, I ended up quitting without finishing it. The performance was part of it but honestly it just wasn't very good. I got it for like £7 when it was completely broken on a gamble so I didn't lose much at least.

I played on a fairly modest PC by todays standards:
i5 3570k
GTX 660TI

I actually had a pretty good experience with it. I didn't do framerate tests, but except for occasional MASSIVE framerate drops for a few seconds (like when driving the Batmobile chasing 3 badguys while driving through a destructible column) it was pretty great. Even those framerate drops weren't always when tons of stuff was happening, most of the time stuff ran just fine even when tons of shit was exploding and there were 20 tanks on screen at one time.

For my PC, I was actually impressed how well the game ran given how crazy the game looks, even with most everything on the low settings (only occasional textures appearing pretty low res).

Played this game at launch and it was easily one of the most broken games I ever played, including my heavily molded Skyrim. I'm playing through Arkham Knight now and I've been basically rock solid at max settings 1440/60 on my 980ti

Jin

Played this game at launch and it was easily one of the most broken games I ever played, including my heavily molded Skyrim. I'm playing through Arkham Knight now and I've been basically rock solid at max settings 1440/60 on my 980ti

Same here. I get higher than 60 most of the time and this is with all the Gameworks effects on. In certain cases when there's a lot of smoke effect it drops down to 40's. I have to say they did quite a amazing fix.

MBison

Is the in game benchmark a decent representation of how the game will run?

on my new 980ti, it maintains a solid 60 at 1600p, max settings, gameworks on. It dipped to 52 once when the batmobile appeared.

no stuttering in the benchmark.

wazoo

Are there any PC tips and tricks and tweaks to this or is the latest version straightforward enough?

Disable AA ingame and use reshade or sweetfx for SMAA. AA is still broken. As for the rest, the ultimate trick is a gsync monitor.

Top Bottom