• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham Knights PC 14 Feb patch

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I felt this was new thread worthy, full notes here:
https://dcgamessupport.wbgames.com/...30675-Gotham-Knights-PC-Patch-Notes-2-14-2023

Specifically highlighting:
Performance

• Rendering performance improvements
  • Smoothed out delta time fluctuations with and without V-SYNC
  • Streaming time improvements
  • Optimized actor spawn time and performance
  • Various GPU and CPU hitches reduction

Now while the previous patch in December already felt like a good as it gets patch performance wise, as per my post here:
Latest update on steam seems to bring performance up to as good as it gets.
Driving around the city is completely smooth for me now, it still loads stuff in at points obviously, but even then it doesn't drop to lower than ~55 fps for me.
RT performance is great too, no stuttering and an average of 40fps while driving, 30 at the lowest.

This new one gave me a performance boost I wasn't expecting.
It's pretty much locked 60 now for me driving around, and even the slight loading hitches are gone.
And more surprising is that with RT on I get 60 fps driving around now too, dropping only as low as 50~ at more dense areas like the train stations.

The patch was massive, ~40GB on steam, which is almost the entire game, so it seems like they did some heavy optimisation to get this extra performance.

Unfortunately the console version is still locked to 30fps, though if this much extra performance is also available on consoles, then perhaps a future 60fps patch isn't out of the questions.

At least they patched some controller rumble features in for you guys ;P

PlayStation®5​

Controller

• Adaptive Triggers Implemented
    • Batcycle traversal
    • Precision Aim firing
  • Controller Rumble Updates
    • Certain actions in combat
    • Traversals
    • Grappling
    • Knighthood traversal
    • Batcycle traversal
    • Bike trials
  • Controller Speaker Sounds
    • When momentum bar is filled
    • After picking up certain collectibles and health packs.
    • When ultimate cooldown has refreshed

Xbox Series X|S​

Controller

• Controller Rumble Updates
    • Certain actions in combat
    • Traversals
      • Grappling
      • Knighthood traversal

Kuranghi

Pretty cool to have proper XS/PS5 controller support on PC, I've only saw that in a handful of DS4 games back in the day (Flower on PC used the DS4 gyro natively, pita to get working wirelessly though). I'm not sure if I've played any PC games with proper adaptive trigger support until now, it was suggested for Heavenly Bodies but I don't think they were able to do it in the end.

The funny thing is on Forza Horizon 5 I got proper haptic support on my DualSense while emulating it to be seen as an Xbox controller by the game, I have no proof it was the real haptic data from the Xbox version, but when I went half off road it would feedback only differently on the off-road side and the feedback was different depending on the surface. Then the haptics and even basic rumble never worked again when I booted the game after that :LOL: oh well it was nice that one time.

And this is why you wait 6+ months to buy a big PC release...

Glad they fixed the issues so that I'll be remember to jump in at the $12 price point.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned

Glad they fixed the issues so that I'll be remember to jump in at the $12 price point.
Yup got an alert on GG.deals going for it to hit 16EU or lower and that's when I'll think about picking it up. At that price point I'll feel much better about suffering through some of its glaring shortcomings heh.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Dunno, it always ran better than the console release, and they released some good performance patches in the first few weeks; the December performance patch was already a surprise, but nothing worth actually waiting 6 months over.

Top Bottom