• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: Silent Hill 2 - Remake this Konami? Oh wait, I'm far too late for that now!

SCB3

So here we are again, Silent Hill 2, a game I have owned for fucking decades (I still own the Cardboard PS2 PAL release) but never actually finished (no idea why either) and last Halloween I got pretty far on the HD collection on Xbox Series X, so with the Remake announcement, I'm pretty hyped to go back into 2 and then straight into 3 from this collection (I know, I know about its faults, but until the Originals are available or I can be assed to connect my Launch PS3 up again, it'll have to do)

So where am I? When I last saved, it looks like the Hospital and barely touched any rooms here, from the Map it looks like I've just come in from the Hospital Garden and into a Save room, the Save Square is on a Fence that I cannot get past and I have a Shotgun

SCB3

Ok, after looking at a guide and my achievements, I've just defeated Flesh Lips no recollection of that fight at all, but the Otherworld Hospital it is, also doesn't seem like I'm that far from the End either, about 60% through from what I could see

SCB3

The HD Collection is horrible. Worst way to play this masterpiece. Troy Baker is a joke.
I am considering playing the PC version with the Enhanced mod at some point, that seems to be the preffered way I've seen

Besides the 1:1 remake, f[/] is the only game that holds my interest. At first I was curious about the interactive one, but nah. It's just a story based game where you make decisions, with countless casual gamers spamming in the chat.

I see enough of that on YouTube comments sections and message boards as it is. :D

Last edited:

SCB3

Besides the 1:1 remake, f[/] is the only game that holds my interest. At first I was curious about the interactive one, but nah. It's just a story based game where you make decisions, with countless casual gamers spamming in the chat.

I see enough of that on YouTube comments sections and message boards as it is. :D
Did you play Observer or Stories Untold? They're pretty well done story wise, Observer especially so it'll be interesting seeing what they do with SH

SCB3

ok, so my only real issue so far is how long it takes to get to the Map and back to gameplay, minor issue but for a game where you have to do this alot, its tedious over time

SCB3

Well so far that went well, found 2 rings, opened a Basement to Fucking Pyramid Head and got Maria killed!

But on the plus side, won a gameshow! Wtf is going on?

Esppiral

I am considering playing the PC version with the Enhanced mod at some point, that seems to be the preffered way I've seen
You can play the original ps2 verions on Xbox through emulation, it is the best way, the original games 4k and 60 fps

trikster40

I can’t put a game down for a year then come back to where I was. Progress, controls, all forgotten, better to just start back over. Not that long of a game anyway.

SCB3

I can’t put a game down for a year then come back to where I was. Progress, controls, all forgotten, better to just start back over. Not that long of a game anyway.
I usually would but I was about half way through and remembered a lot of it, there’s not much to remember control wise tbh

SCB3

Ok, so after hole jumping Simulator, I'm done with the cool looking but really unevenful Prison, Prison really is an underrated Horror setting, only the Suffering did it I think

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The prison gave me the creeps back when the game launched. It’s unsettling around every hallway. You’re getting to a very good part after the prison.

SCB3

Off across the Lake, this has been fun, but I really need to go read or watch a lore playthrough, I've no idea whats going on here (still new to SH if I'm honest)

SCB3

And finished, what a game, I very much enjoyed this and glad I went back to it, a little too easy compared to the RE games, but the Horror aspect stands out more, still need to go watch a YT video analysing what the hell is going on (not so much with James and Mary but the rest of the cast) but yea, I'm excited to see what they do with the Remake,

On to 3 next I think, I do own all 4 of the original games so I can do the Room as well if I feel like it, its on Xbox and GoG so all good there

Top Bottom