• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTTP: The Pokemon. All 721 of them, and counting.

mfaex

Remember being pissed Dragonite wasn't in the base set of the tcg even though Dratini and Dragonair were. Then we got this shit:
DragoniteFossil4.jpg

Mr-Joker

Banned
I was fine with Kanto Legendary birds...until they reared their ugly head in X and Y so now I am sick of them, just till Pokémon Z or gen 7.

Same goes for Mewtwo as well.

As for Dratini, I plan to use him in my Crystal team but I largely ignored Dragonite as I thought they looked similar to Charizard.

Wait a second...

Page 51.

Holy shit.

We're on page 52.

Chikorita time to shine...pfftwahahahaa not likely as Jotho hates Grass types.

Mewtwo being the final boss of Pokemon Stadium was pretty damn brilliant considering Gen I Mewtwo is one of the most hilariously broken things ever created. I remember Electrode and Parasect being mainstays on my Vs. Mewtwo teams just because they were probably the most reliable ways to paralyze or put him to sleep.

And how about that theme, man. It's still the first piece of music that pops into my head when I think of Mewtwo.

Fuck him in Pokemon Puzzle League, though. Still the only obstacle between me and the end of the game

The Johto starters are oddballs to me.

Like, I've always gone with Typhlosion, but I find Ty and Meg to be pretty boring Pokemon, while Feraligatr is second to Greninja in my favorite Water starters. I used to always just pick fire starters after my original Blue save with a Venusaur was deleted, no matter what, but as time went on I ended up just picking who I wanted (like in X I went with Greninja, and in Black 2 I went with Samurott).

Overall, Johto's starters are... mediocre. Both in design and ability. Again, other than Feraligatr.

Not sure why I've never actually ever picked Feraligatr, other than SS, where I traded one to myself as a second starter. Get this, it was a baby born in Ruby to a mother who came from Orre, then transferred to Diamond and then finally to Soul Silver, so I could have two Johto starters lol.

Ice type is so bad the Ice gym leader of XY talks about how much Ice sucks before you battle him. Freaking Bug is better than Ice.

Give Ice a Water resistance... Or hell, any resistance besides Ice.

Remember when GAF had a pokémon gym? I was the ice gym leader. Boy that was fun. I think I won half my battles though. But you're not wrong about ice resistances. I personally think ice should resist bug. This would help Weavile and Abomasnow. I'm not sure what else it could resist but I did think about normal type. Seeing as how rock and steel both resist it, and ice is supposed to be a hard surface like both of those.

Ice type ultimately becomes a glass cannon. It can dish out the pain but can't always take it. I wouldn't call it the worst type after I played around with it for so long.

Rutger

Banned
There was probably a time when Mewtwo was my favorite Pokemon. Many have surpassed it to me now, but it's still really cool. Of its megas, Y is my favorite, I like that it gets closer to Mew in design, while still looking like a powerful psychic type.

Remember when GAF had a pokémon gym? I was the ice gym leader. Boy that was fun. I think I won half my battles though. But you're not wrong about ice resistances. I personally think ice should resist bug. This would help Weavile and Abomasnow. I'm not sure what else it could resist but I did think about normal type. Seeing as how rock and steel both resist it, and ice is supposed to be a hard surface like both of those.

Ice type ultimately becomes a glass cannon. It can dish out the pain but can't always take it. I wouldn't call it the worst type after I played around with it for so long.

Let Ice resist Water too.
Ice is my second favorite type, after dark, I really want to see it get buffed one day.

Ice should, at minimum, resist Water and Grass. Maybe even resist Electric.

Make Ice the "anti-elemental" type, similar to Dragons, but with a more crippling weakness to more physical oriented types.

Anth0ny

Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon besides Charizard. I was blown away when I discovered him in that cave AFTER I finished the game. Back then there weren't many examples of true post game content, at least in the games I was exposed to. For a while, I was the only person in my group of friends that actually beat Pokemon Red and reached Mewtwo.Then the first movie came out and EVERYONE was on the Mewtwo bandwagon.

Unfortunately, he's looked less and less badass since his initial appearance:

t1Lik5r.png

ATqfbDr.png

RKuRI0G.jpg

That classic Sugimori art is too good.

Mewtwo didn't show up to Pokemon Snap (I was so disappointed), but he finally made his grand, 3D appearance in Pokemon Stadium. And god damn was it awesome. Pick your six best Pokemon... JUST TO FIGHT HIM. ALONE. DAT MUSIC. THOSE ANIMATIONS:

lAIt3b9.gif

SO GOOD.

I remember being blown the fuck away that he was playable in Super Smash Bros Melee. For some reason that was unfathomable to me at the time. Mewtwo still had that "overpowered as fuck" aura back in 2001, so the fact that I could PLAY as him in a Smash Bros game was insane. It was also funny that you had to play 20 hours of vs mode to unlock him. Everyone I knew left their Gamecube on overnight to unlock him, something I felt really uncomfortable with since I JUST got the Gamecube and thought leaving it on that long would damage it. lol. 10,000 hours of Melee later...

Too bad he was terrible!

But that didn't stop me. Mewtwo was my first true main in Melee, and no matter how many of my friends destroyed me with Sheik, I would never drop him. At least for those early years.

KYykz7J.gif

Swag as fuck. I still love the way he moves in Smash, it's just such a shame he sucks in both official Smash games he's playable in. PM Mewtwo... that's what I'm talking about.

atyTSMO.gif

Finally, the recent anime adaptation of Pokemon Red: Pokemon Origins. So incredible. The animation was so on point. You can't imagine my fanboy glee when this happened:

8Z7EIoa.gif

M9sI4G3.gif

mutha fuckin mewtwo <3

Mr-Joker

Banned
The Johto starters are oddballs to me.

Like, I've always gone with Typhlosion, but I find Ty and Meg to be pretty boring Pokemon, while Feraligatr is second to Greninja in my favorite Water starters. I used to always just pick fire starters after my original Blue save with a Venusaur was deleted, no matter what, but as time went on I ended up just picking who I wanted (like in X I went with Greninja, and in Black 2 I went with Samurott).

Overall, Johto's starters are... mediocre. Both in design and ability. Again, other than Feraligatr.

Not sure why I've never actually ever picked Feraligatr, other than SS, where I traded one to myself as a second starter. Get this, it was a baby born in Ruby to a mother who came from Orre, then transferred to Diamond and then finally to Soul Silver, so I could have two Johto starters lol.

Charizard is my starter for life though I do add secondary starter to the teams, some are even reserve, but Charizard is my primary starter and I always trade in a Charmander Egg whenever I replay a game.

Mewtwo didn't show up to Pokemon Snap (I was so disappointed), but he finally made his grand, 3D appearance in Pokemon Stadium. And god damn was it awesome. Pick your six best Pokemon... JUST TO FIGHT HIM. ALONE. DAT MUSIC. THOSE ANIMATIONS:

lAIt3b9.gif

SO GOOD.

This right here is why I am passing up on getting gen 1 on virtual console as I can use my team from the cart and use them to battle Mewtwo.

Watch them put Pokémon Stadium on Wii U virtual console.

woopWOOP

Yeah, I like that hunched over Red/Green Mewtwo sprite. Really comes off as more of a dangerous, powerful monster than the modern look.

Mew's sprite however looks godawful and I'm glad it got updated.

Almost at the end of 'gen1' Birdie! ...Even though you've already covered the many evolutions leaking into other gens too. Still, gotta congratulate you for coming this far atleast :p

Firemind

That classic Sugimori art is too good.
Remember the promo they gave out at the movie for free?

PK_PROMO_3.jpg

The best part is that it was so much better than the crap we got in the base set. The movie promo was actually played in Haymaker if I remember correctly.

lAIt3b9.gif

SO GOOD.

Hey look, it's the origins of Mewtwo's forward Smash.

Mewtwo in Smash Bros is great because a few of his animations and colors are taken right from Stadium.

The best part is that it was so much better than the crap we got in the base set. The movie promo was actually played in Haymaker if I remember correctly.
If I'm remembering right, Base Set Mewtwo could be used in a stall deck that would win as long as the opponent agreed to draw a card if you had no basics in your hand. Deck was something like Mewtwo x4 Psychic Energy x56.

Mr-Joker

Banned

PK_PROMO_3.jpg

I remember that card, heck I remember being so hyped to watch the movie but only to get bored, I was expecting a badass Mewtwo and not a whiny do nothing Mewtwo. ¬_¬;

Ah well at least the Charizard VS Charizard fight was cool.

Camisado

Now that this has reached the end of the Gen 1 Pokedex, just wanted to say thanks for this, it's been a great read and I really hope you power through the rest. You should really have all this up on a blog or something as well.

Nice work!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
which is why I believe the only power the first movie has is 90's nostalgia

it was movie 3 that started a well-written pokemon movie

Toxi

Banned
If I'm remembering right, Base Set Mewtwo could be used in a stall deck that would win as long as the opponent agreed to draw a card if you had no basics in your hand. Deck was something like Mewtwo x4 Psychic Energy x56.
The infamous Mulligan Mewtwo deck actually was pretty terrible outside noobstomping; a lot of things could get past it, like both Energy Removal cards.

Movie 3 was easily the best of the three movies theatrically released in the US.

It's also the best Pokemon movie I've seen, though Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is okay.

Firemind

I remember that card, heck I remember being so hyped to watch the movie but only to get bored, I was expecting a badass Mewtwo and not a whiny do nothing Mewtwo. ¬_¬;

Ah well at least the Charizard VS Charizard fight was cool.

oh, shush, you two.

the movie was super dark and tense through the lens of a freshman.

i mean did you see pikachu? heartwrenching stuff

PBalfredo

Part of me can't help but wonder if they knew how stupid broken Psychic-types were in Gen 1 considering they designed Mewtwo, "The Ultimate Pokemon", as a pure Psychic-type.

Good story-gameplay integration, intentional or not.

Azuran

Banned
Now that this has reached the end of the Gen 1 Pokedex, just wanted to say thanks for this, it's been a great read and I really hope you power through the rest. You should really have all this up on a blog or something as well.

Nice work!

Too early dude. You're making Mew cry :(

Was the move Mewtwo uses in the first movie always Shadow Ball, or was that something fans decided once Shadow Ball was an actual move and then Melee came out, and it just sort of became what he was using?

Because it only sort of looks like Shadow Ball, being a dark blob. But it also has electricity and Mewtwo doesn't learn Shadow Ball by level, so it's a strange move to be so iconic on him.

iirate

PK_PROMO_3.jpg

You remember correctly. There was a while where I'm pretty sure it was the second most played haymaker pokemon(maybe Electabuzz was still played more; Scyther was just too good for any version to cut).

Toxi

Banned
Was the move Mewtwo uses in the first movie always Shadow Ball, or was that something fans decided once Shadow Ball was an actual move and then Melee came out, and it just sort of became what he was using?

Because it only sort of looks like Shadow Ball, being a dark blob. But it also has electricity and Mewtwo doesn't learn Shadow Ball by level, so it's a strange move to be so iconic on him.
It's also kinda funny when Mewtwo now has a powerful signature move (Psystrike) that looks completely different.

Anth0ny

Remember being pissed Dragonite wasn't in the base set of the tcg even though Dratini and Dragonair were. Then we got this shit:

Yeah what the hell was up with that lol.

I had a magazine that showed all the cards and some of the Japan exclusive cards and this was one of them:

WDhXQUC.jpg

That's the Base Set Dragonite we deserved but never got :(

It took a little while before we got a truly badass Dragonite card:

fvHLlSW.jpg

This right here is why I am passing up on getting gen 1 on virtual console as I can use my team from the cart and use them to battle Mewtwo.

Watch them put Pokémon Stadium on Wii U virtual console.

Pokemon Stadium on Wii U or NX that talks to the VC version of Gen 1 would be so awesome. I feel like that has to be possible if they wanted to do it.

PK_PROMO_3.jpg

Oh my god the fucking cards they gave out were so awesome. For every theatrical movie:

I watched the movie 3 times in theatres just because I wanted that Mewtwo. Never got one. Got Dragonite the first time and then two Pikachus. One of my friends got Electabuzz. NO ONE got Mewtwo. It's a scam I tells ya.

oh, shush, you two.

the movie was super dark and tense through the lens of a freshman.

i mean did you see pikachu? heartwrenching stuff

CHnyfLo.gif

this was some heavy shit man ; _ ;

Crayolan

The infamous Mulligan Mewtwo deck actually was pretty terrible outside noobstomping; a lot of things could get past it, like both Energy Removal cards.

Movie 3 was easily the best of the three movies theatrically released in the US.

It's also the best Pokemon movie I've seen, though Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is okay.

I decided to rewatch the 3rd movie recently to see if it was as good as my childhood self remembered.

It was not. The most notable issue being the plot which was completely nonsensical.

That being said the action scenes were still good and the animation was great. And they somehow managed make the use of 3D on 2D with the unown look good.

I watched the movie 3 times in theatres just because I wanted that Mewtwo. Never got one. Got Dragonite the first time and then two Pikachus. One of my friends got Electabuzz. NO ONE got Mewtwo. It's a scam I tells ya.

I got Mewtwo from the movie and Electabuzz from a friend. :)

mfaex

Yeah what the hell was up with that lol.

I had a magazine that showed all the cards and some of the Japan exclusive cards and this was one of them:

http://i.imgur.com/WDhXQUC.jpg

That's the Base Set Dragonite we deserved but never got :(

It took a little while before we got a truly badass Dragonite card:

http://i.imgur.com/fvHLlSW.jpg

Yeah, and a card worth using too. Fossil-set Dragonite is worse than Dragonair.

One more card from me before we get to Mew and gen 2:

Looove that card, everything about it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
SfDjmc8.png

#151 - Mew
Psychic

W-wait? 151 Pokemon? Mew is the first "Event Legendary", officially the name for them is "Mythical Pokemon", which you'll note Bill Trinen specifically used in the Nintendo Direct during the Super Mystery Dungeon segment, and was hidden in the code of Generation I. According to an Iwata Asks, Mew was added two weeks or so before game development finished by Shigeki Morimoto without telling Nintendo, and after the game's debugging was finished. If you think about it, this could be considered a dangerous move that went against the consumer's best interest, as it could've seriously backfired and messed up the game to the point of unplayability, but thankfully Generation I was (relatively) glitch-free and playable, and Mew became an amazing part of gaming lore. Mew was actually trademarked even before Pocket Monsters was, apparently submitted for trademark as early as 1990, but I don't know when exactly Mew became known to the public. In the U.S., at least, I don't remember Mew ever being unknown---he appeared in the first opening of the show, after all, and as a kid I recall since Pokemon started I always knew about Mew, but my memory of Pokemon early on is pretty vague so I'm likely misremembering certain things. Mew was unavailable in the game (except via Action Replay, or a Glitch made widespread in 2003), and the only way to get him was to attend special events, the biggest one being at Toys'R'Us, where he'd be loaded to your cart either through a Trade (I recall actually being told to bring a weak Pokemon with you to trade for it), or a special machine that loaded him directly to your game somehow. I actually never made it to the Mew Event, and never got a Mew as a kid, so I really don't know how it all worked. Hell, I'm pretty sure I never actually got around to getting a Mew in any game except in Gold and Silver using the Game Shark.

Game Freak really liked the idea of Event Legendaries, and like everything else ran the archetype straight into the ground---at first we only had a single Event Legendary in Gen I, then another in Gen II, then two in Gen III, then FOUR in Gen IV and V, and back to three in Gen VI. Nowadays, though, Game Freak lets Nintendo know about them ahead of time and don't insert them into the game right before launch, and the excitement of discovering them is basically non-existent due to the Internet leaking them within a day of the games being released. Generation VI was the first exception to this in a long time, with the three Event Legendaries being unknown except for Serebii accidentally leaking their names on his site and being confirmed via the GTS, but by the end of October they too had been datamined and leaked to the public. My issue with Event Legendaries is that they often are pretty cool, but the in-game events to obtain them either are Japanese-only, as was the case for Mew's event in Emerald, in the actual game but never utilized due to "difficulty concerns", or simply not there at all, and instead you're simply given them via the distribution. Thankfully getting Event Pokemon is far easier nowadays thanks to Wi-Fi, but I really wish they were given through in-game DLC events more and there was actually a challenge to capture them rather then Game Freak just giving them to us. Really ruins their appeal to me, personally.

Mew is part of a certain brand of Event Legendaries known as "Little Legendaries", or "Mew Clones", due to their small, cute appearances and 600 BST evenly divided by 100 among all their stats. While Mew does not excel in any stat to crazy high levels like Mewtwo, it is quite good, and due to having the DNA of every Pokemon within it, is capable of learning EVERY TM/HM and most Move Tutor Moves, making fighting one virtually unpredictable as it can basically do more than almost any other Pokemon, and can basically serve any role on a team it wishes. In Generation I, alongside Mewtwo it was easily one of the strongest Pokemon in the game, although its evenly-distributed stats nowadays has sort of made it a "master of none", and has fallen a bit behind the more specialized Pokemon, but don't underestimate it as it could surprise you! Of course, I feel like using Mew in battle defeats the purpose of it, it's really more of a collector's trophy, a Pokemon to proudly display rather than fight alongside with, and using one just seems extremely odd to me. I mean, using Legendaries in general doesn't exactly sit right with me, but Mew is like one of those comic books wrapped in plastic your grandpa keeps in his basement that you JUST DON'T OPEN. Look...but don't touch!

To be honest, the legacy of Mew greatly exceeds the actual Pokemon in my opinion, who I never really liked. Yeah, he was super-rare and all, and it was cool seeing my friends who owned one show it off, but a small, pink cat creature never really excited me much, and I actually like pretty much every "Mew Clone" more so than the original. His design seems to be partially inspired by a fetus, with some sprites having its tail posed like an umbilical cord, even though in the games he's actually the one getting knocked up and giving birth to Mewtwo and all, so I don't know if there's really any deeper meaning behind that resemblance. One theory, fitting Mew's role as the ancestor of all Pokemon, is it's meant to invoke the pseudo-scientific "recapitulation theory", which I'm not exactly clear on, but it seems to suggest that as an embryo develops, it passes through stages that resemble prior evolutionary ancestors---one example is a human embryo at one point appearing to have gills like a fish. It's largely discredited for a variety of reasons, including inaccurate drawings of fetuses that stress similarities that don't actually exist, but discredited or not, that doesn't mean Game Freak couldn't use it as an inspiration. But most folks probably just see Mew as a cute, pink cat-creature, and that's good enough for them.

Even before the introduction of Legendaries who were shown to be far more powerful than Mew, the idea that it was the ancestor of all Pokemon never really sat right to me---there's plenty of Generation I Pokemon who don't seem like they'd be related to Mew, such as the artificial ones like Grimer and Magnemite, so in my mind I think Mew is simply the ancestor of all natural "animal" Pokemon, but some Pokemon aren't related to it and were created through other means, and there are of course Legendaries who came before it. Regardless, Mew can use Transform to change into any Pokemon due to having the genetic codes of every Pokemon stored within its body (is that even possible?), which seems to be different from Ditto's transformation, who seems to merely copy Pokemon that it sees. The idea that all the Pokemon share some sort of "X-factor" has always been speculated in various media, I recall The Electric Tale of Pikachu manga suggested that every Pokemon had a specific gene that officially made them Pokemon, but the games have never really confirmed what makes a Pokemon a Pokemon, and how one can tell a regular animal apart from a Pocket Monster. But the lore of Pokemon has always been rather simple, and world-building isn't really Game Freak's strong-point, so all fans can do at this point is speculate. Perhaps, though, that's the fun thing about Pokemon.

In the games, Mew is said to live in South America, specifically Guyana, which you may or may not have visited in Pokemon Emerald when you travel via Event to a "Faraway Island". Dr. Fuji somehow obtained Mew, although it's unknown if he caught it or what, and brought it back to Kanto where it gave birth to Mewtwo. Judging by the signs you can find on the Faraway Island, Dr. Fuji later returned there and released Mew, hoping that one day a pure-hearted human would discover Mew next time and not make the same mistakes he did. Even though you can catch Mew there, presumably like Mewtwo "canonically" no one else has ever caught Mew, and he's still flying around free to this day. Does he resent humans for their mistake in creating Mewtwo?

Mew is different in the anime somewhat, but not as drastic as Mewtwo. According to an old radio drama released prior to the first movie, Jessie's mother, Miyamoto, along with two other Team Rocket operatives first recorded its voice in South America but mysterious disappeared soon after, Miyamoto apparently dying in a blizzard that may or may not have been caused by Mew itself. Years later Dr. Fuji, who isn't the same character as the one in the games, mind you, although there are similarities, discovered a fossilized eyelash of Mew and thus cloned Mewtwo from it. In Movie 1, Mew later appeared at New Island where it ended up fighting with Mewtwo---there's a rumor that in the original Japanese version, Mew was far more vicious and cruel saying the clones all had to die, but I asked Dogasu about this awhile back and despite there being many changes in the dub, Mew's characterization is relatively the same, and thus he's not actually a villain in either version. However, fans will note that the Ancient Mew card in Movie 2 ominously says "Little God---or Evil?", and recently he learned the move Nasty Plot in the games, so perhaps the speculation about Mew being an evil Pokemon could be partially true?

Mew had another movie appearance in Movie 8, the Lucario Movie. The movie never says if this is the same Mew as the original one in Movie 1, and it's left ambiguous---in this movie, Mew is shown to be very playful and a bit careless, to the point its tricks actually end up putting the other characters in danger, however it also helps the main Pokemon of the film redeem himself, and thus one can read Mew's character as a noble trickster archetype. At the end he also begins to sacrifice his life to save Ash, so I don't think we're meant to view him as a villainous character, but rather Mew is simply beyond basic human morality, and just does whatever he wants. I think the Pokemon Movies are interesting because many of them have a really "gray" morality to them, with no clear-cut villain, and that's neat compared to many American movies where sometimes it seems they have a bizarre need to fit a villain into any film aimed at kids, even when it's not necessary. I haven't seen it yet, but I believe Inside-Out was applauded for avoiding this? Movie 1 and 8 both are pretty good at this, Movie 1 going with a sympathetic villain who no one actually defeats, but rather changes their mind, and Movie 8 basically being a journey of personal growth, with the main antagonist being simply a natural force with no actual moral inclinations that the heroes must overcome. Oh, and Movie 3 as well, but I'll talk more about that in Generation II when we reach its star.

Mew has less importance than Mewtwo when it comes to spin-offs, but played a big role in Pokemon Snap as the "final boss". Yes, a photography game had a final boss, basically a "first-person shooter" mini-game as you had to whack Mew with Pester Balls to break through its shield so you could take the perfect shot of it. Pokemon Snap was pretty cool, and it's a shame they never re-visited it---or hell, I can't think of any game that ever focused on photography like Pokemon Snap did, even though it had a lot of potential for a "genre". Mew has also appeared as a PokeBall Pokemon in every Smash Brothers, appearing very rarely...1-in-151 in 64, 1-in-251 in Melee, 1-in-493 in Brawl, and I imagine 4 is 1-in-721, although that hasn't been confirmed. Of course this matches the current number of Pokemon at the time, with Brawl even counting the two Generation IV Event Pokemon who had yet to be officially revealed at the time. Mew is pretty much for bragging rights, as it gives you bonus points but doesn't actually do anything, although in Brawl and 4 it'd drop various items such as CDs, Stickers, Trophies, and Custom Moves.

And...that's the original 151!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Chikorita time to shine...pfftwahahahaa not likely as Jotho hates Grass types.
Chikorita is no doubt a bad competitive mon, but aesthetically, all of its forms are either adorable, badass, or both.

Zyrox

Damn, original 151 done (+ some cross gen evos and megas). Amazing work, Birdie. I always check this thread whenever it gets bumped. Love reading your entries. Excited for Gen II entries :)

Yrael

Congrats on making it to 151 Pokemon.

It blew my mind when I first found out that there really is a Mew glitch that actually works in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow.

jnWake

Event Pokemon are so lame. A big part of the fun in Pokemon is finding and catching the damn things. Even as DLC as you suggest.

In any case, Mew is cute. I have fond memories of him (?) thanks to Pokemon Snap.

The reason you might not have remembered Mew being an unknown is probably because of the release gap between Japan and the West being about two years. The thing is, Gamefreak added Mew in as mostly a inside joke, even though the games reference it. When Poke'mon was released in Japan it only did OK sales wise, but when players began to discover Mew, the games took off due to rumors on how to find it (lack of internet might have helped). It became so popular that Gamefreak decided to distribute Mew in events, which is why we get them today. You can say Mew saved the franchise in Japan, especially with all the glitches and bad sprite-work it released in.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Event Pokemon are so lame. A big part of the fun in Pokemon is finding and catching the damn things. Even as DLC as you suggest.

In any case, Mew is cute. I have fond memories of him (?) thanks to Pokemon Snap.

Diamond and Pearl had some cool in-game events, but I believe none of them were released---specifically the Arceus event was held back because it was deemed "too hard" for kids.

kiuo

Stopped with pokemon a long time ago but the one i always remember is blazerkin from that one season where ash's charzard got whooped by it

Top Bottom