• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RTX 3080 design possibly Leaked

Kenpachii

I mean, some people would say "visual theme", but the entire pc gamer line seems made for children and teens. I mean, the gaming chairs are using racing chairs, headsets are covered in neon and shitty plastic, the laptops are covered in the cheapest shitty plastic in angular design to be able to fit in the best CPU/GPU at the lowest possible price. And why would you want a lightshow if you are doing anything on your computer?

It's not exactly out of this realm to say that the design for this demographic is immature and childish.

It's for people that like rgb, people that don't care about it, turn the lights off and u will never see the card in your system to start with the design is aboslutely useless to 90% of the people on how it looks. It's all about the cooling and performance.

I will buy the ugliest card in existence if that means i get 5% faster performance over other equal cards. Design and looks do not interest me remotely when the only looks my PC has is its case.

Last edited:
I mean, some people would say "visual theme", but the entire pc gamer line seems made for children and teens. I mean, the gaming chairs are using racing chairs, headsets are covered in neon and shitty plastic, the laptops are covered in the cheapest shitty plastic in angular design to be able to fit in the best CPU/GPU at the lowest possible price. And why would you want a lightshow if you are doing anything on your computer?

It's not exactly out of this realm to say that the design for this demographic is immature and childish.
'Videogames are for children'.

GHG

Gold Member

When someone comes along with an open minded and mature mindset like yours it's difficult to argue!

I hope when all the children grow up they become just like you, the world will be a much better place.

Azurro

Banned
When someone comes along with an open minded and mature mindset like yours it's difficult to argue!

I hope when all the children grow up they become just like you, the world will be a much better place.

I don't know man, it's just how I look at it. It's just my opinion, I mean, when people use a racing chair to sit in front of the PC because their PC goes vroom vroom, it just strikes me as a bit silly.

Last edited:

xPikYx

I don't know man, it's just how I look at it. It's just my opinion, I mean, when people use a racing chair to sit in front of the PC because their PC goes vroom vroom, it just strikes me as a bit silly.
I agree with you, I am pretty narrow minded if you pass me the term or old style, I 've a mixture of fancy things and classic also because this is what the market offers

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Nothing wrong with rgb that you have control over in my opinion. "Gamer" chairs I couldn't care less about. The bottom line is I do love the choices I have for my pc setup. That's a real big plus for gaming on pc. On topic, I need that price of the 3080 so I can figure out how much blood and semen I need to start donating.

Tranquil

I'm still gaming on a $500 mid tier PC that I bought back in 2016. Still surprised I can play modern games at 1080p with setting usually set to mid.

Once the 3080 comes out though I'm going to build a whole new system. And that includes an SSD :messenger_winking:

Evilms

Banned
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX-3080-Cooler-Exploded.jpg

GHG

Gold Member

Some people would say posting on a message board about videogames is "silly" and "childish".

People like what they like, live and let live.

For what it's worth, gaming chairs have adopted the style of racing seats because they have proven to be comfortable to sit in for long periods of time and offer a lot of support. And I'm talking about the good ones, not the cheap knockoffs from Ali-express.

If there are things you hold yourself back from doing in life because you are worried about "looking silly" then the only person you're harming is yourself, especially if those things are confined to the privacy of your own home.

Azurro

Banned
Some people would say posting on a message board about videogames is "silly" and "childish".

People like what they like, live and let live.

For what it's worth, gaming chairs have adopted the style of racing seats because they have proven to be comfortable to sit in for long periods of time and offer a lot of support. And I'm talking about the good ones, not the cheap knockoffs from Ali-express.

If there are things you hold yourself back from doing in life because you are worried about "looking silly" then the only person you're harming is yourself, especially if those things are confined to the privacy of your own home.

I don't think I've ever held myself back from trying anything because of how it looks, I've just always thought having a racing chair for your PC because it goes vroooooom, vroooom to be a bit silly and childish. I mean, let's be real, if comfort was the point, there are plenty of very well designed office chairs designed for comfort with multiple ways of customizing chair and armrest position and height. They chose racing chairs because they look cool and are colorful and want it to look nice next to their vroom vroom pc. :)

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I don't think I've ever held myself back from trying anything because of how it looks, I've just always thought having a racing chair for your PC because it goes vroooooom, vroooom to be a bit silly and childish. I mean, let's be real, if comfort was the point, there are plenty of very well designed office chairs designed for comfort with multiple ways of customizing chair and armrest position and height. They chose racing chairs because they look cool and are colorful and want it to look nice next to their vroom vroom pc. :)
What is this vroom vroom nonsense you speak about? My six year old uses my gaming pc and she doesn't say this shit.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

Damn. $150 for the cooler. 320-350 TBP. According to Igor's Lab.

Am I nuts or is that WILDLY out of line with normal? Coolers usually add dollars to the BoM, even vapor chambers aren't such a huge exotic impact.

Yeah this is what I had been thinking, if the coolers weren't separated into zones the counter blowing fans would interfere with each other.

Last edited:
Top Bottom