• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 20-30 Minutes gameplay demo of Fallout 4 at E3 / not coming 2015

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
There's also another possibility why they choose to reveal it now even though it's not a 2015 title.

As a scapegoat for other Bethesda games.

If DOOM, Battleborn or say... Dishonored 2 were slated for fall this year/spring/summer next year, they'd need to be announced by E3, but those games alone cannot carry a conference.

So Fallout is asked to be the 'darling' who has the unfortunate grace of being announced earlier than it needed to, for the sake of pushing the other Bethesda games.
Honestly it's not even that uncommon to announce a game a year and a half before release.

The marketing cycle has shrunk lately, but this isn't comicalky early unless you don't expect it until 2017.

I believe. However, I'm holding back hype until the presser. I don't want to build up excitement only to have it smashed again. :'(

Do you think this will be a spring 2016 release ?

If so Spring 2016 is going to be crazy on my wallet and ontop of this I'm saving up to build a PC ugh my wallet is crying right now lol.

• Uncharted 4
  • Quantum Break
  • Gears of War
  • Mirrors Edge
  • Deus Ex ( I think that's going to be a Spring too)

I hope they announce Dishonored 2

Aces&Eights

A friend of mine is doing some work on Doom for Id Soft at the moment and a few weeks ago did mention to me in passing (and without realising what they were saying or who to) that Doom was "pushed back" to November this year. So I've kind of always assumed that Fallout 4 would be a Q2 2016 game to avoid any other Bethesda IP.

You can't just say that, lol. Proof?

Honestly it's not even that uncommon to announce a game a year and a half before release.

The marketing cycle has shrunk lately, but this isn't comicalky early unless you don't expect it until 2017.

Well, people like shinobi are stating reasons why they don't believe it's this year because games like this don't need that marketing cycle.

But just because Fallout/Elder Scrolls don't, doesn't mean Bethesda Game #2,3,4, doesn't.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
January 1st sounds good.

giphy.gif

Annubis

Good.

I hope they change a lot of the mechanics as opposed to F:3 and F:NV to breath some fresh air in the gameplay.

Linkhero1

I'm so excited. The only game I'm truly looking forward to being shown at E3.

It's a shame if it's not coming out this year.

Mesoian

If so Spring 2016 is going to be crazy on my wallet and ontop of this I'm saving up to build a PC ugh my wallet is crying right now lol.

• Uncharted 4
  • Quantum Break
  • Gears of War
  • Mirrors Edge

Absolutely not. Q4 2016. With a bullet. This is a november game.

Good.

I hope they change a lot of the mechanics as opposed to F:3 and F:NV to breath some fresh air in the gameplay.

They don't need to change too much. The system is great as is fundamentally. It just needs refinement and polish.

What it really needs is better writing than fallout 3.

I wouldn't count this as "nothing being around at all". There were places to discover around every corner and every rock. Those are just the main locations which you can fast travel to. There are several other point of interests aswell and some hidden locations.

Haha 250 hours into that game and I don't think I discovered more than half of these locations. Fallout 4 is going to consume my f-ing life.

• Uncharted 4
  • Quantum Break
  • Gears of War
  • Mirrors Edge

Yeah, I think your wallet will be fine., Not all those games will be hitting Spring 2016. Deus Ex will end up Fall 2016, and I think Gears and Uncharted become Holiday 2016.

If this game is released in 2016, five years after Bethesda's last game came out, and it still uses the same shitty engine as the previous ones... then Bethesda will never use a new engine. Because what the fuck.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Well, so much for that 'smallest time between showing and release for Fallout 4', if the rumor is indeed true.

Valnen

If this game is released in 2016, five years after Bethesda's last game came out, and it still uses the same shitty engine as the previous ones... then Bethesda will never use a new engine. Because what the fuck.

I expect they'll be using it honestly. They're not a very good developer.

Odah

Banned
Haha 250 hours into that game and I don't think I discovered more than half of these locations. Fallout 4 is going to consume my f-ing life.

+1000hrs in, recently I discovered a place where some raiders are having fun with skeevers by doing skeever races.

Lakitu

st5fu
The amount of easter eggs and all sorts of secrets is pretty damn amazing in Fallout 3. Loved finding that large and secret armory.

Deschain

Neo Member

• Uncharted 4
  • Quantum Break
  • Gears of War
  • Mirrors Edge

I also hope they reveal a Dishonored 2, that would be awesome. I am curious why you think Gears will be out a next spring though, hasn't even been officially revealed and they've only been working on it for a year... thats a fall 2016 release at the earliest IMO...

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This rumor I like. Now, if the game will actually be revealed at E3 2015 and not run under Gamebryo/Creation Engine, that will only be icing on the cake. Not releasing in 2015 is a bit dull though, but maybe there will be some sort of beta program you can register for. If not, there's always Doom.

Ehh... I hope obsidian is developing, not just because I thought new Vegas was better, but I would rather they work on a next gen elder scrolls or a new IP.

Don't expect to get an answer from them, especially so close to the presser.

Just take everything you see on the internet with a grain of salt.

this is old but this is what I believe.. and yeah I am disregarding this leak

I have been on the Bethesda forums a decade now
and I know Todd Howard is tighter than Fort Knox when it comes to leaks

https://twitter.com/bethblog/status/409085013397733376
PSA: If you don’t hear it through an official channel like this, assume all rumors and speculation are false.

Patryn

This makes me think it's all crap.

There is no way Bethesda suddenly announced they're holding an E3 press conference and they're not showing off Fallout 4 or the new Elder Scrolls.

And given that all indications that the new Elder Scrolls isn't coming until after Fallout 4, there's no fucking chance the public doesn't see Fallout 4.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This makes me think it's all crap.

There is no way Bethesda suddenly announced they're holding an E3 press conference and they're not showing off Fallout 4 or the new Elder Scrolls.

And given that all indications that the new Elder Scrolls isn't coming until after Fallout 4, there's no fucking chance the public doesn't see Fallout 4.
I don't know why it wouldn't be like any Bethesda reveal normally is.

A 5 or so minute stage demo with a 10-15 or so minute floor demo.

I'm sure you can also see it behind closed doors as a press member to skip the lines.

Lakitu

st5fu
Yeah, but does the original report say anything about a demo being behind closed doors? Any German speakers read it yet?

Patryn

I don't know why it wouldn't be like any Bethesda reveal normally is.

A 5 or so minute stage demo with a 10-15 or so minute floor demo.

I'm sure you can also see it behind closed doors as a press member to skip the lines.

Oh. I misunderstood.

The 30-minute demo being a behind closed doors thing makes sense, and I suppose you're right that they could have a shorter stage demo.

I also hope they reveal a Dishonored 2, that would be awesome. I am curious why you think Gears will be out a next spring though, hasn't even been officially revealed and they've only been working on it for a year... thats a fall 2016 release at the earliest IMO...

I'm on about the Gears 1 Anniversary Edition w/ Summer beta for Gears 4 then obviously Gears 4 Fall 2016

Only way I could be excited about Fallout 4 is if Bethesda isn't developing it.

Hell, I'd even settle for co-developed with Obsidian.

But I know that's not gonna happen, and rather than a CRPG with excellent writing, dialogue, world reactivity and interesting quests, we're just gonna get "you see that irradiated mountain??? you can GO there!".

Yeah, I'm still salty as fuck at what Bethesda did to the Fallout IP.

Tigress

Only way I could be excited about Fallout 4 is if Bethesda isn't developing it.

Hell, I'd even settle for co-developed with Obsidian.

But I know that's not gonna happen, and rather than a CRPG with excellent writing, dialogue, world reactivity and interesting quests, we're just gonna get "you see that irradiated mountain??? you can GO there!".

Yeah, I'm still salty as fuck at what Bethesda did to the Fallout IP.

Wasteland 2 (which I totally plan on getting).

And honestly I like what Bethesda did (well gameplay wise. I like what Obsidian did better but that was refining on what Bethesda did). And I am totally enjoying Fallout 2 right now.

Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if they also put out some turn based Fallouts as well (with better writing of course since they don't need to put as much resources into the technical part of the game). But I wouldn't want to get rid of "new school" fallout. I like the old Fallouts (and yes, I did actually try to play Fallout 1 at least before the new school so this isn't cause I'm used to the new one) but I definitely prefer new style better (and I think I prefer 2 to 1).

Why do we have to like one or the other honestly? I mean I have preferences but I think both type games were good. But I really love exploration and new school Fallout is way better for that (I love even travelling in between areas and having to look out for stuff. Old school fallout it was watching a line and wondering if you got an encounter. Wasn't that thrilling until the encounter).

Plus honestly you have Wasteland 2 if you want another old school Fallout like game (and 2 seems to be doing well so I am wondering if there will be a 3rd). It's not like a post apocalypse CRPG made recently doesn't exist ;). And bonus, it was the original (Wasteland 1 was what inspired Fallout).

Mooreberg

We knew it was coming with Bethesda having their own E3 event. Whatever else gets delayed out of this fall isn't going to have much breathing room next year.

2SeeKU

If it's a 2016 release, it's pretty much guaranteed not to come out on PS3 or 360. I hope.

Can't wait though.

Top Bottom