• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 20-30 Minutes gameplay demo of Fallout 4 at E3 / not coming 2015

xb1 timed exclusive?

Oh I hope not, But I would not be surprised if MS line up a deal with Fallout 4 to have DLC first on Xbox.

I think MS are going to have a few DLC first announcements at E3, one I expect is Mass Effect 4, similar to what they have with Dragon Age at the moment.

DOWN

Banned
Who in their right minds thought they'd announce this within 5 months of release? Of course it isn't a 2015 game.

Oh I hope not, But I would not be surprised if MS line up a deal with Fallout 4 to have DLC first on Xbox.

I think MS are going to have a few DLC first announcements at E3, one I expect is Mass Effect 4, similar to what they have with Dragon Age at the moment.

I would think that MS would have a harder and harder time pulling off those deals considering how far behind they are on install base. Seems silly to agree to force more than half your customers to wait on stuff.

Odah

Banned
fallout 4 reddit

take with grain of salt
http://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout4/comments/35929a/i_know_when_fallout_4_will_be_released_and_its/

I can not for sure tell you it is Fallout 4 as it is still listed as code name, but from what I can only assume it is and makes sense with their development cycles and such and considering the Replicated Man quest in Fallout 3 as well as the previous "confirmation" from Kotaku on the casting sheets. (Which was the only solid evidence I found prior to stumbling across this information and freaking out.)

Bethesda has a listing for November 2, 2015 for a game titled "Institute". I can also say that they only have it listed for PC, PS4, and XBOX One.

Now that the big news is there, here is some side news. They also have a listing for sometime in September to release Fallout Anthology. I can only confirm for XBOX One and PC
That guy is talking shit. He says as side-news they gonna announce a HD release of Wolfenstein: The New Order. ???? eh wut, that game came out for Xb1, Ps4 and PC just a year ago, why would they rerelease it....in "HD" loool

BokehKing

Banned
I would think that MS would have a harder and harder time pulling off those deals considering how far behind they are on install base. Seems silly to agree to force more than half your customers to wait on stuff.
Nope, spend the money on this and cut the price of the console in half (by the time these games come out I can see Xbox 1 being $250 at the rate they are slashing prices) then yeah, not only will it move units but it will catch up to or surpass Sony (at the expense of burning a lot of money just for them to finally say they are number 1)

But...i hope neither console gets exclusivity, I want us all getting everything at the same time, enjoying the same game.

Yeah I agree they will have a harder time getting companies to agree, but money talks and with Dragon Age its clear EA/Bioware are happy to agree to them.

Timed DLC is the worst paying companies to withhold content from a rival.

yeah and look at the other games that are coming out in that time period

but we will all know in about 5 weeks, for sure

It's possible he saw a placeholder date and the plan is for a general November release.

I'll take a Fallout 1/2/Tatics anthology though. They can keep Fallout 3/NV unless serious work is put in. With the amount of bugs both games had a crappy port would be unplayable.

Odah

Banned
It's possible he saw a placeholder date and the plan is for a general November release.

I'll take a Fallout 1/2/Tatics anthology though. They can keep Fallout 3/NV unless serious work is put in. With the amount of bugs both games had a crappy port would be unplayable.

Guy on reddit is a troll

Porting the old games to be playable on consoles would probably take a lot more work than porting the new ones. If there is an anthology of some sort, I guarantee it's just 3/NV + DLC.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
That guy is talking shit. He says as side-news they gonna announce a HD release of Wolfenstein: The New Order. ???? eh wut, that game came out for Xb1, Ps4 and PC just a year ago, why would they rerelease it....in "HD" loool

it could be a GOTY edition with Old Blood, tbf

bombshell

Yeah, but does the original report say anything about a demo being behind closed doors? Any German speakers read it yet?

This wasn't answered a few pages back, so I'll do it.

No, it literally says that it will end the Bethesda press conference. I don't know how VG247 got behind closed doors from that.

ok you have this rumor
about Fallout being shown and at the same time this pops back up

The Survivor 2299 is back online and says "Nuclear Winter has come"

THE INSTITUTE IS SEALED. THEY WON’T HELP US I’M HEADING TO BLACK ROW. -TBNLS 5120 - Nuclear winter has come

http://thesurvivor2299.com/
no one bothered by that?

As long as it's more like New Vegas than 3, I'll be good. 3 was great, but New Vegas just has more to do and better writing.

So true.

Fallout 3 had hardly any side quests.

It just had a few side quests that were really long and detailed but I perfer the more that NV had.

honestly i'd be even more hyped for an announcement that they hired on the obsidian writers for the quests and dialogue than a 20 minute gameplay demo tho that should be hype as hell for sure.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Can't wait for this and a Dishonored 2 showing. Doom 4 will be an icing on the cake as well. Hopefully all of this is shown at E3 otherwise they'll have one boring presentation.

Santar

If it doesn't come out until next year I'm not rally interested.
I've gotten to the point where I don't really care much about games until they're nearly out. I'm so tired of games getrting announced years before they're out and drip feeding the puiblic with info and trailers.
I just hate waiting for stuff :p

Let's hope Bethesda doesn't do too much further damage to the IP in the meantime.

Because I want it to actually be Fallout and not Elder Scrolls in a post apocalyptic future this time. Budget has nothing to do with it.

Fallout wasn't Fallout because of the perspective. If that's how you feel, it's time to move the fuck on, because it ain't ever happening.

The emphasis now seems to be where it should have been many years ago, first party development. But I do see them partnering with this game and Mass Effect as a marketing deal that would include DLC on consoles first for the XBox One.

What Microsoft may hope to do is a joint effort with PC/XBox One partnership deals. That's a hell of a lot larger install base to go against the PS4 and it would further promote Windows 10.

GECK

2018, if they release with the same 2 year interval as 3-NV did. But I have a feeling it won't happen.

Yeah I have that feels too. But Bethsoft would be dumb not to offer Obsidian another shot considering Vegas made them bundles of money. Of course they probably won't be roped into another loser metacritic contract with Bethseda in control of the QA...

Vex_

Banned
Please let Gamebryo be dead!

You know they won't abandon that engine anytime soon. Most we will see is probably a heavily recoded gamebryo.

-Tons of mods will have to be rewritten entirely. No easy imports.

-The modular nature of the engine is very important for the type of games Bethesda makes.

-They are lazy.
(Lol)

AkuMifune

Banned
This has been my most anticipated game since New Vegas. But if it's not 2015 I really don't care. I'm too old to get excited that far in advance anymore. Maybe there's a pill for that.

Fallout wasn't Fallout because of the perspective. If that's how you feel, it's time to move the fuck on, because it ain't ever happening.

Lol, nice strawman.
That's just one of the many things Bethesda fucked up, obviously. Lets not forget what they did to some of the lore, the Super Mutants, the Enclave, Ghouls, Brotherhood of Steel, etc. I'm really glad Obsidian was able to ignore a lot of it with the excuse of Fallout 3 taking place on the other side of the country because otherwise... yikes.

Obsidian actually did a pretty decent job bringing back a lot of things that made Fallout well, Fallout but it's still muddled by Fallout 3's legacy with it's real time combat and 1st/3rd person perspective.
Add turn based combat, an isometric perspective and maybe another year of development time to NV and it would have been great.

I still prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas.

I just had more fun with Fallout 3.

Obviously New Vegas did a lot of things right, I just preferred Bethesdas outing to Obsidians.

lol, I can't believe this.

Okay.

I still prefer Fallout 3 to New Vegas.

I just had more fun with Fallout 3.

Obviously New Vegas did a lot of things right, I just preferred Bethesdas outing to Obsidians.

Lol, nice strawman.
That's just one of the many things Bethesda fucked up, obviously. Lets not forget what they did to some of the lore, the Super Mutants, the Enclave, Ghouls, Brotherhood of Steel, etc. I'm really glad Obsidian was able to ignore a lot of it with the excuse of Fallout 3 taking place on the other side of the country because otherwise... yikes.

Obsidian actually did a pretty decent job bringing back a lot of things that made Fallout well, Fallout but it's still muddled by Fallout 3's legacy with it's real time combat and 1st/3rd person perspective.
Add turn based combat, an isometric perspective and maybe another year of development time to NV and it would have been great.

lol, I can't believe this.

JNT

Well, they have to fill out their time slot with something big, so a 20-30 minute demo of a Fallout game sounds logical (although I secretly wish it were another Elder Scrolls). Also, the game not releasing this year... Rarely have I ever seen a game of this magnitude being officially announced the same year as it ships. A new Fallout needs at least a solid year of marketing.

You know they won't abandon that engine anytime soon. Most we will see is probably a heavily recoded gamebryo.

-Tons of mods will have to be rewritten entirely. No easy imports.

-The modular nature of the engine is very important for the type of games Bethesda makes.

-They are lazy.
(Lol)

I think a lot of people are (wrongly) under the impression that switching to another engine will magically mean better graphics and/or gameplay.

This has been my most anticipated game since New Vegas. But if it's not 2015 I really don't care. I'm too old to get excited that far in advance anymore. Maybe there's a pill for that.

b68aa5c9a2cb516c89834c1ba8f0db2c04e9d5cb381546f53a5585190925318c.jpg

a harpy

that site has been confirmed fake.

I think at this point it's just an independent hype site by someone having fun.

I think a lot of people are (wrongly) under the impression that switching to another engine will magically mean better graphics and/or gameplay.

It could mean different graphics depending on how the engine works, but also not.

huxley00

Please make this happen, hope this isnt a false rumor. I was terrified that they were going to build Fallout into an MMO franchise. I would have been forced to drive myself off a bridge.

JNT

I just am not a particular fan of the way their games look, so for me a new engine might just mean a slightly new aesthetic depending how it handles things. But I don't play them for the graphics, so as long as it works...
If you were talking about lighting model, LOD, particle effects, and so on I could agree with you. Aesthetic is up to the artists and is not a function of the graphics engine per se.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Please make this happen, hope this isnt a false rumor. I was terrified that they were going to build Fallout into an MMO franchise. I would have been forced to drive myself off a bridge.

That would be some god-tier trolling. Or a kinect-only Fallout-themed dance game.

NBtoaster

I fully expect it to be upgraded gamebryo, that's fine.The main things they need to fix are weird frame pacing and sluggish control input. General quest bugs aren't going anywhere.

MartyStu

I am extremely disappointed that Obsidian and Bethesda left things off on such poor terms.

I do not like the work Bethesda tends to do by themselves. At the VERY least, they need to pull in better writers.

Top Bottom