• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Apple-related gaming announcement on Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokyDave

I would love for Apple to buy Nintendo just for the lulz. The meltdown in here would be epic.
I'd love it because it would almost guarantee a fusion of excellent games with excellent hardware. The handheld industry would be saved in a stroke.

Sigh, a man can dream.

MCN

Banned
I'd love it because it would almost guarantee a fusion of excellent games with excellent hardware. The handheld industry would be saved in a stroke.

Sigh, a man can dream.

The only "excellent" games on mobiles are ports of 10 year old PS2 games.

SmokyDave

But Nintendo makes excellent games AND excellent hardware now.
I don't know where your bar is for hardware excellence, but it's certainly far below mine.

The only "excellent" games on mobiles are ports of 10 year old PS2 games.
No, I'm afraid you've got that wrong. You're also ignoring the fact that my sentence suggested Nintendo would be making the software in question. I trust them to make excellent games.

The blinkers regarding mobile gaming from 'real gamers' are baffling. Nobody will take away your gamer cred if you admit that perhaps there might be some good stuff worth checking out in an exploding marketplace with hundreds of thousands of games.

Nintendo can make the 4DS an high-end machine, but would you guys pay $400+ for it?

Short answer: no.

They will do what they can with a $250 price tag.

Log4Girlz

I don't know where your bar is for hardware excellence, but it's certainly far below mine.

No, I'm afraid you've got that wrong. You're also ignoring the fact that my sentence suggested Nintendo would be making the software in question. I trust them to make excellent games.

The blinkers regarding mobile gaming from 'real gamers' are baffling. Nobody will take away your gamer cred if you admit that perhaps there might be some good stuff worth checking out in an exploding marketplace with hundreds of thousands of games.

Sorry Dave you lost all yer cred

forms

Apple has probably started their own football team. That is the only logical conclusion that can be derived from this.

Alex

I love Nintendo, only console maker I routinely give any money to anymore but they make some of the worst hardware out there for my tastes. On one level it does have this sort of janky charm... on another they sell extremely weak 240p handhelds for 200 dollars and I need sixteen controllers to effectively use a console that takes twice as long to go between menus than my other hardware does to boot up.

One day I'd like to buy another piece of hardware from them that I enjoy just for what it is and not just a blockade to get to the software. Right now though, I'd be happy if their next handheld had a reasonable display resolution.

My complaints are funny though since I'm going to go out and buy the new 3DS as soon as it's released.

If you missed it on the last page, the only thing this is going to be is TUAW, joystiq etc. laying off staff or shutting down.

Nothing from Apple.

Juice

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

I think the problem is that it's pretty hard to see the good stuff within the sea of shit. Mobile is far worse for this than any dedicated gaming platform I've ever seen.

/spits up coffee

Lol

They're hardware sucks. It's terrible.

How? What is bad about the hardware? It's small, quiet and cool. Doesn't cost $599 USD. It's reliable - I've never had Nintendo hardware break on me. It's innovative - they're often the first to offer many features we now take for granted.

The only thing I will give you is the yellowing plastic from the old days.

Zaph

Sigh, a man can dream.

Combine it with the release of high-quality controller addon's for the iphone/ipad (like the recent trademarks) and I'd be down. Too many gameplay style just don't translate well to touch (yet).

Have a dual benefit of also propping up the £5-£25 pricepoint mobile so desperately needs.

kiguel182

How? What is bad about the hardware? It's small, quiet and cool. Doesn't cost $599 USD. It's reliable - I've never had Nintendo hardware break on me. It's innovative - they're often the first to offer many features we now take for granted.

The only thing I will give you is the yellowing plastic from the old days.

Doesn't the 3DS has 240p screens? In 2015. And for 200 bucks the XL.

Their hardware it's passable at best and at a cheaper price.

They make it up with amazing games but that's their strength not the hardware itself.

/spits up coffee

Lol

They're hardware sucks. It's terrible.

The hardware is fine. Excellent even. You wish for higher specs, understandable. But hardware is not just a high priced gpu.

They make it up with amazing games but that's their strength not the hardware itself.

It also is one of the few mass market products with dual sceens and glasses free 3D. But i guess that doesn´t count™.

It's old, what do you expect? That's the way things work with consoles.

Sigh, a man can dream.

I have enough "excellent" western dev games, no thanks.
Time to keep so Japanese devs alive and doing things on their own.

And excellent hardware? lol since Apple went Intel their hardware are way more broken than before.

Not speaking about the price who are magically above any equivalent product you could see.

Last... they make huge money and are the king of fiscal optimisation. it's legal of course but don't act like you're a good company if you just don't care about participating in the development of infrastructures in the country who are giving you a lot of cash.

Yeah you've understand I think, Apple is a wonderful and very creative company but it can be hated too for a lot of things so they better stay Apple only for me.

Tobor

I owned a 3DSXL for two weeks and returned it. The build quality was terrible.

Bad design, bad specs, bad OS, and bad build quality.

Chû Totoro;149800973 said:
And excellent hardware? lol since Apple went Intel their hardware are way more broken than before.

Not speaking about the price who are magically above any equivalent product you could see.

Last... they make huge money and are the king of fiscal optimisation. it's legal of course but don't act like you're a good company if you just don't care about participating in the development of infrastructures in the country who are giving you a lot of cash.

Yeah you've understand I think, Apple is a wonderful and very creative company but it can be hated too for a lot of things so they better stay Apple only for me.

huh?

1gjdAX7.gif

Sulik2

I am just going to throw out two crazy ideas that have no basis in reality, because hey why not!

Apple is partnering with Valve for a home console, HL3 as a launch game.

Apple is buying Nintendo.

In reality, this will probably be an official apple wireless game controller or something.

I am just going to throw out two crazy ideas that have no basis in reality, because hey why not!

Apple is partnering with Valve for a home console, HL3 as a launch game.

Apple is buying Nintendo.

In reality, this will probably be an official apple wireless game controller or something.

c'mon dude. you're killing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom