• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Apple to take 3 years between full iPhone model changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The new headphone adaptor looks tight though.

2016_iphone7LighteningConnector_Press_310516.article_x4.jpg

that looks really bad and it's clearly third party? a beveled edge? what does the "o" button do?

Somebody gave me his old Sony Z1 as a present, which is really kind of old by now, and it's really lightning fast.
I cannot even imagine wanting something "better" or "fancier" at the moment.

Future

News will just make me hold on to my iPhone longer. For me it was

3GS for 3 years

5 for 2 years

6+ ..... For I'm guessing 3 years? Screen looks great and it still gets the job down

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Good move by Apple, I think I've moved on to a three year cycle from a two year cycle myself. I can't see myself upgrading from my S6 Edge next year unless something completely blows me away or if the OS starts to get really long in the tooth, perfectly content with this phone currently.

Mandelbo

My plan is to hold on to my 5S until late next year and then get an Ara, if they've been released yet. I've always been quite interested in having an android phone, especially since they're meant to have become a lot better recently - and, since Ara's made by Google, firmware and security updates should be prompt. The Ara's more interesting to me hardware-wise than anything Apple's done for years now.

surrogate

I don't understand why to this day they haven't included AM/FM radio in their phones.. it's a simple feature that would be a nice extra to have.

The antenna and shielding required for an AM radio would take up too much of the internal space.

spuckthew

Most people are probably keeping their phones longer now, so it kinda makes sense.

Yeah, phones have become so advanced in the last few years (compared to the initial iterations of smartphones) that there's really not much point in your average Joe upgrading other than to stay current. Contracts sort of nudge people to upgrade, but I'd have happily taken a 48-month contract for half the price of my current 24-month contract if I could since my S6 Edge is freaking awesome.

HUELEN10

Personally, I will wait until the SE gets a successor. It sold beyond expectations, and it's IMO opinion the best handset Cupertino has ever made ( and in reality, is the fastest to boot).

It's like they made a phone JUST for me.

I wouldn't be surprised if 32GB's was just the base for the "Plus" model and the 256GB option was only available on that model as well. It seems like they're trying to position the "Plus" as a more enthusiast model in the sense that people may use it to get more done. Wasn't there a smart connector rumor similar to the iPad Pro for the Plus model earlier in the year?

Wonder if it'll have the same price hike as iPads. $150 between tiers instead of $100
I could definitely see this happening. The people who don't really need 64GB will just stick with 32GB's and the people who have become dependant on that much storage will be forced to pay an even larger premium to have it. My only concern would be the price increase on an already really expensive product.

TylerD

Personally, I will wait until the SE gets a successor. It sold beyond expectations, and it's IMO opinion the best handset Cupertino has ever made ( and in reality, is the fastest to boot).

It's like they made a phone JUST for me.

Too small

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom