• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag poster [Up2: First Screen, Cross-Gen, Map]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midou

Don't mind Assassins Creed focused on piracy and based around the boat sequences of AC3. I still enjoy each AC game since the historical location is always different.

clashfan

This one is better.

black_flag_bars.jpg

Rise Above!

Am I the only one who thinks they should take a break with the AC franchise?

They could start by improving the gameplay, but since reviews hardly complain about that, then there's no incentive to stop and rethink controls, combat, linear mission design, filler collectathon.

I want this, but would rather have the character dress like a pirate instead of an assassin . . . and fight like a pirate instead of an assassin . . . and talk like a pirate . . .

You know what, I just want a quality open world pirate game.

CengizMan

Wouldn't they need to create other Assassin's Creed titles in order to fund the next numerical release? Like they did with Brotherhoods and Revelations, in order to get Assassin's Creed III fully funded?

The sailing missions were the best part of ACIII, so consider me interested if the entire game is centered on them.
I wonder if this is actually ACIV though or something to akin to how Brotherhood was a sequel to ACII.

Pooya

looks like Borderlands style :S it's weird to have poster like that, it was usually all realistic CG look before, I hope that's not a hint for the game's visuals.

really odd that they are calling it IV.

Chuck

Still without luck
No Ubisoft or platform branding. Art isn't of the quality of the Alex Ross stuff. Title looks like it was added quite poorly. Definitely a fake.

i0LiGd9tfl08X.gif

I can't take it anymore, Ubi. I just can't.

Well, I guess if the modern story is over and done with, then okay. I've liked all the historical stories. But AC3's ending shit the bed so hard

Mogwai

Interesting poster...

Am I the only one who hasn't catched the oh-so-awesome aspect of the naval battles yet?

megalowho

If it's Sid Meier's Pirates! + Assassin's Creed, I'm down. Hope they mix up the gameplay a bit given the nontraditional setting.

Call me when they pick an interesting setting, and no I don't want Japan or China, fuck both of them. We have enough games set in those two countries.

Ancient Korea or bust.

Really? A pirate themed Assassin's Creed? Really?! Just awful. And.. Assassin's Creed 4? Seriously? I'd rather have another game with Connor over a pirate themed one.
The naval parts in Assassin's Creed 3 were fun, but not enough to have another game feature them. Ugh.

I love the Assassin's Creed series but jesus.. I was hoping we'd get Assassin's Creed 4 as a next gen game and ya know.. not pirate themed.

Guess I'll just wait until I see more of it before dismissing it completely.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
I bet they have a zillion people working on this game. Hopefully they show a next gen version , I wonder how it looks.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Prediction: This game will be themed around pirates.

Izick

-Art looks fake, or at least fake for a whole new game
-the lettering on the poster looks strange, too plain
-the framing of the picture and wasted space is absurd
-no lettering at all on the poster besides title name; no logos, copyrights, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom