• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag poster [Up2: First Screen, Cross-Gen, Map]

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

I hope this focuses and expands on naval pursuits because this franchise is in serious need of something, anything refreshing.

brogan

Neo Member
Has to be fake. I hope so anyway, cause that is one piss poor poster.

As others have said the art is a complete departure from AC III.

Wait,

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II <- This Makes Sense, 1 to 2
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood <- Okay, so like a spinoff? Oh, a sequel? Okay.
Assassin's Creed: Revelations <- So the numbered games each have a trilogy. Gotcha.
Assassin's Creed III <- New trilogy! Sweet!

ASSASSIN'S CREED IV

God, Ubi, why? I GIVE UP!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Whatever time period this is, I can't think of any that would be distinct enough from all of the previous 3 to justify it :-/

I want a high-tech modern/near-future AC with the Animus used only for key point points to conclude the series, damnit!

Booo this shit.

After AIII this is the final nail for me, I don't care about no Pirate Assassins and whatever. I'm glad Ubi has Watch Dogs, because that one is gonna replace AC for me.

ultron87

Wait,

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed: Revelations <- So the numbered games each have a trilogy. Gotcha.

ASSASSIN'S CREED IV

I guess that if their rule is "new protagonist = new numbered sequel" it maybe makes sense.

-Amon-

Considering that the naval missions in AC3 where, at least in my opinion, the best part of the game, i would be really exited about a full game set in that historical "envelope".

My guess however is that we're looking at some kind of comic cover :(

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Wait,

Assassin's Creed

ASSASSIN'S CREED IV

Perhaps they're just trying to squeeze as much as they can out of the franchise this gen, before moving onto something new next gen (Watch Dogs?).

Ubisoft has always changed tent pole releases each gen before. Perhaps now its just the official strategy.

Whatever time period this is, I can't think of any that would be distinct enough from all of the previous 3 to justify it :-/

I want a high-tech modern/near-future AC with the Animus used only for key point points to conclude the series, damnit!

I absolutely do not want that. It seems like Watch_Dogs is their answer to that, anyway.

I think a Prohibition-era Assassin's Creed would be a good way to just wrap the series up.

Kusagari

This honestly just feels like them trying top the last game to continue to pull people in regardless.

YOU CAN BE IN THE REVOLUTIONARY WAR AND INTERACT WITH GEORGE WASHINGTON
NOW YOU CAN BE A PIRATE OMG

Assassin's Creed V will be ninjas. Calling it now.

Perhaps they're just trying to squeeze as much as they can out of the franchise this gen, before moving onto something new next gen (Watch Dogs?).

Ubisoft has always changed tent pole releases each gen before. Perhaps now its just the official strategy.

I remember when Prince of Persia was the big thing. Good times. I wonder whether the reboot, the movie, or AssCreed had the most to do with killing the franchise.

Pitmonkey

First in game image.

1361901153_2468_1.jpg

Full story here

http://www.examiner.com/article/first-screenshot-of-assassin-s-creed-black-flag-surfaces

Didn't even play III because of bad word of mouth, sounds like a lot of things and bugs that they need to fix and there's already IV coming out this year? Yeah I dunno about this. This reeks of overkill.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
While a touchy subject I think World War II would be interesting. In addition I also think civil rights movement would be pretty cool. How they would make it work idk. lol.

Mogwai

Wait,

Assassin's Creed

ASSASSIN'S CREED IV

Each uneven number of the series features a dull protagonist which does not deserve any subsequent games. This must mean that IV will feature a awesome dude like Ezio.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
What are the rumors?

These ones:

Reddit said:
I just posted this in r/gaming but was told of this subreddit. Anyway, I was on a flight where the lady in the row in front of me was working on a powerpoint presentation on marketing strategies of several gaming titles. And one that stood out the most was AC4: Black Flags, aimed for release 2013 Holiday season according to her slide. It already had a cool looking logo for it.

Unfortunately I didn't take any photo, just wanted to share it with all the AC fans, and give those who are trying to figure out the next story line a little hint.

EDIT: thanks everyone for the nice karma and comments! It feels good to be able to contribute a bit to one of my favourite game ( I still need to play AC3 though..)

http://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/181u16/assassins_creed_iv_black_flags/
Yup. Dunno if its ac 4 but i heard the titles black flag and golden age. New lead character is rumored to be a father of a playable character and will have co op alongside a famous scottish pirate.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wait,

Assassin's Creed

ASSASSIN'S CREED IV

Haha maybe they are going to pull a SE on us and make Assassin's Creed III-2 after this one.

Kinyou

I hope this focuses and expands on naval pursuits because this franchise is in serious need of something, anything refreshing.
Yes. Make it for the next gen system and let me use the ship to travel through a huge open world, not just these small arenas like in 3.

KaYotiX

Banned
Sorry for ubi, after 3 I need a break...... I'm really tired of Ass Creed games atm. I'll jump back for the next generation maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom