• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Rumor: big game store just got new "Batman" posters (Rocksteady's new Batman game?)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
May 9, 2009

http://www.gamespot.com/profile/romansionis/blog/

GlamFM

Banned
Sep 22, 2009
Düsseldorf/Germany
Kind of disappointed that Rocksteady isn´t going for something new or at least another superhero. Still pretty excited.

Please be next gen only.

Stone Ocean

May 27, 2013
Kind of disappointed that Rocksteady isn´t going for something new or at least another superhero. Still pretty excited.

Please be next gen only.
Yeah. I really wanted to see them tackle something different for once.

Will still enjoy the game if true but man.

Sn4ke_911

May 9, 2009
What does it say on the bottom of the logo?

Vinterbird

Nov 17, 2006
So Ashes of Gotham? Or are there any other of the old trademarks that could fit a burning Batman logo?

Will be super exciting to see what Rocksteady has been working on since City. Hopefully they take a big leap forward with the IP.

Orayn

Jul 4, 2010
Minnesota
Oh shit, I predicted this on my parody Twitter account!

I wonder how many domains they registered this time. Is that why BatmanBatmanBatman.com is no longer up? IS IT GOING TO BE BATMANBATMANBATMAN FOR REAL?

Nov 19, 2013
Denmark
Of course we're getting a next gen batman game, but I feel like they really need to change up the gameplay and setting, it's getting super stale.

Maybe make it more low key and focused on mystery instead of combat?

ZeroX03

Oct 23, 2009
Australia/New Zealand

Would fit the theme of logos so far. Seems a bit tame compared to the others mind you.

Red/flame outlines definitely fits the hints dropped in AC by Azrael.

"From the ashes of Arkham, the fires will rage and Gotham will burn....."

Endo Punk

Sep 4, 2011
Hope it's a GEN8 game only including PC. This game needs to take full advantage of next gen hardware.

doemaaan

Aug 27, 2012
That's exactly how I feel. I mean the last Batman game just came out, it's kind of hard to get hyped for another one.

And that's what company greed does. We totally didn't need Origins (haven't played), unless they forced some necessary story into the prequel, like what Kingdom Hearts did with Birth by Sleep. I still want Rocksteady to "finish" this up though. Arkham 3 could very well be the final piece of this Arkham series.

Ramenman

Apr 4, 2007
Kind of disappointed that Rocksteady isn´t going for something new or at least another superhero.

though this proves some new Batman is coming, I don't think the poster necessarily implies it comes from Rocksteady. Could be another dev right ?

Vinterbird

Nov 17, 2006
I'm sure its something lame like a Blackgate Gamestop exclusive disc

The press saw the next Batman game by Rocksteady some time ago, this is the next console game.

And I imagine it's also the cover of the next Gameinformer.

though this proves some new Batman is coming, I don't think the poster necessarily implies it comes from Rocksteady. Could be another dev right ?

There are only two Batman studios. WB Montreal and Rocksteady. Montreal released Origins last year, and they are probably working on Batman 2015 right now, so this year is Rocksteady.

Sn4ke_911

May 9, 2009
On the other side, rumors point to a new Batman series (Silver Age) or Justice League game, so if it's really Rocksteady's new game then why the hell would they still use the same Arkham Logo?

Can't be Cold, Cold Heart DLC for Origins because that logo would be a bit more Freezie, right?

Maybe Blackgate...

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that's not Rocksteady's new game. I like that series but they need to move onto something else at this point. Also I'm not confident in them doing enough new things to make it exciting.

Prompto

Banned
Aug 3, 2013
Loved all three Arkham games, will probably love this one especially if it mixes things up a bit. I'm excited to see what rocksteady has been up to.

Tabby

Aug 18, 2013
This next Batman game better have some more DC characters in it.
Who needs the DCCU and MCU, I want a DC game universe.

Vinterbird

Nov 17, 2006
I hope that's not Rocksteady's new game. I like that series but they need to move onto something else at this point. Also I'm not confident in them doing enough new things to make it exciting.

It's the new Rocksteady game. They've only made two Batman games so far, I think they can still do stuff within the series.

Jun 18, 2010
Excited for Rocksteady's next, but it feels like Origins took some wind out of the Arkham sails. Hope it doesn't wind up hurting them.

Joeki11a

Banned
Feb 27, 2013
Gotham City
I hope is the Dark Knight game the actor saw
Remember?

I dont like the overhyped Rocksteady games that looks like a brawler
With bulky characters

I want a real film presentation type of batman game, have Nolan be directly involved in it and all that.

Sadist

Feb 2, 2008
The Netherlands
i43.tinypic.com
Doesn't the embargo from that Rocksteady presentation end one of these days?

If it really is another Batman game... eh. As much as I love Asylum and enjoyed City... I don't know if I'm game for another one.