• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Crash Bandicoot is back... In Skylanders

TM94

meh.jpg

Eolz

I'm sorry but this thread is hilarious.
Perfect Monkey Paw after all those threads based on absolutely nothing.

Feorax

Gonna be a lot of crow to be eaten after E3, one way or another.

Sad to see so many posters here revelling in other people's disappointment though. I want Crash to be announced for that alone.

Tregard

Soothsayer
There is not a hope in hell that Sony as a company would be tone-deaf enough to think this would be something they could tease and not get chastised for.

I pray that's not possible, anyway.

Vyrance

They should announce this on stage first, then announce their Crash game. Would be just like when World of Final Fantasy was revealed right before FF7 Remake

Damn this thread will be hilarious if a Crash game gets announced, with him being in Skylanders as a Bonus for him coming back.

I still live in hope

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
This fits the earlier reveal that Crash will make an appearance at the Sony presser but it will be a small thing. So likely true. Third person action adventures are dead. :(

Feorax

This fits the earlier reveal that Crash will make an appearance at the Sony presser but it will be a small thing. So likely true. Third person action adventures are dead. :(

When was this? Must have missed this in the mountain of E3 leaks this past week.

Hexa

That was by a twitter account that later claimed that Crash would make three appearances: in Skylanders, in PSABR2, and in his own game. Considering he/she is contradicting themselves in their own leaks, I wouldn't give them any weight.

mtodavk

There is not a hope in hell that Sony as a company would be tone-deaf enough to think this would be something they could tease and not get chastised for.

I pray that's not possible, anyway.

Kinda along the lines of what I'm thinking about this. Surely they saw and heard the backlash after the conker debacle and realized that just a silly game tie-in is nowhere near enough for the people who really want a new crash game.

As a side note, I dreamt of a crash trailer the other night and after that, I'd love to see the possibilities on the new consoles.

J@hranimo

Banned
Now with my previous post, I don't mean to laugh at Crash Bandicoot fans, but laugh at the fact that this could inevitably be the next time the IP is used.

Strangely hilarious and sad at the same time.

As a Spyro fan who for at least a decade had virtually no Spyro the Dragon merch, Skylanders put him on the map. Now I got a goddamn Spyro alarm clock.

Crash coming back has long been hinted at, and in fact we saw a poster for a cancelled game in VV's office.

Well I'm still 100% confident in a new game

Obviously Sony owns the rights
since Activision isn't credited in Uncharted 4. And they would have to be.

Its obvious Sony owns the rights. And maybe this was part of the deal/cross promotion, the only thing is they may have gotten the rights a bit too late to show any new game at e3, but after all this they'll certainly announce its in development.

Onaco

As a Spyro fan who for at least a decade had virtually no Spyro the Dragon merch, Skylanders put him on the map. Now I got a goddamn Spyro alarm clock.

Crash coming back has long been hinted at, and in fact we saw a poster for a cancelled game in VV's office.

A canceled game is quite the opposite of a hint.

Megatron

Damn this thread will be hilarious if a Crash game gets announced, with him being in Skylanders as a Bonus for him coming back.

I still live in hope

That doesnt make a lot of sense though, Activision could have put Crash in Skylanders at any time. There doesnt need to be a bonus that lets them use him now.

That doesnt make a lot of sense though, Activision could have put Crash in Skylanders at any time. There doesnt need to be a bonus that lets them use him now.

Sony and Activision have a close partnership now. And with a new Crash game, and Spyro not being able to push Skylanders much anymore, having him feature in the new game too, would be a great way to cross-promote him.

Of course, it isn't likely. But a new game isn't completely out of the question here.

Something to consider: Crash couldn't be in Tony Hawk because of "rights issues and timing". But he can be in Skylanders a year later with NO "rights issues"?

Top Bottom