• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Damian Wayne-led Batman game in dev? [Up: New rumors plus Suicide Squad]

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Damian game? Professor Pyg will have to be there again.

Mudcrab

Morning guys.

I am not able to post artworks and 3D modells out of resepect for my source, but I will give you the little information that I have.

Indeed, WB Montreal is working on two games right now.

Suicide Squad, in which they go help from Rocksteady.

- is a brawler
- you create your own avatar, grow it out, with tiers of rewards
- many characters to choose
- coop-action
- Borderlands esque

targeted for 2017 release.

Next game is the Damian Wayne game.

- has been greenlit last summer
- 10 years in the future (I think our future from 10 years now, not quite Batman Beyond)
- Bruce is old and has a beard
- harness on his leg
- uses a walking stick
- is mentoring Damian Wayne to be the new Batman

- Damian has a Batbike
- lots of great characters and also new ones, lot's or redesigns, like Black Mask being a female
- Dick's in it, has a shaved head
- some other villains are Flamingo, Poison Ivy and White Rabbit(old, looks like a granny)

Game is starting to roll in production, so we might no see it for a while, but I am very excited.

Speculation:

Schreier had written on Twitter that a lot of developers want to go the route of announcing a game and releasing it shortly after, like Fallout 4. It's up in the air when we are going to see Suicide Squad, let alone that Damian game.

EDIT: These games are not labeled Arkham, so this is probably an alternative continuity!

So not Batman 666

jmizzal

Morning guys.

I am not able to post artworks and 3D modells out of resepect for my source, but I will give you the little information that I have.

- is a brawler
- coop-action
- Borderlands esque

- 10 years in the future (I think our future from 10 years now, not quite Batman Beyond)
- harness on his leg
- uses a walking stick
- Damian has a Batbike
- lots of great characters and also new ones, lot's or redesigns, like Black Mask being a female
- some other villains are Flamingo, Poison Ivy and White Rabbit(old, looks like a granny)

Game is starting to roll in production, so we might no see it for a while, but I am very excited.

Speculation:

Schreier had written on Twitter that a lot of developers want to go the route of announcing a game and releasing it shortly after, like Fallout 4. It's up in the air when we are going to see Suicide Squad, let alone that Damian game.

EDIT: These games are not labeled Arkham, so this is probably an alternative continuity!

Suicide Squad Brawler yesss

Damien's great. People hate him because he's got flaws and he's full of himself, but it's night and day compared to an actual shit Robin like Jason.

RedHill

Banned
I'm sure we'll get a Suicide Squad announcement after Return to Arkham and Arkham VR releases. If it's a 2017 release its got to be announced soon. I just hope there's actual plot and it's not some MMO

There's another recent addition to the Bat Family I could care less for. Hope his backup stuff in All-Star Batman makes up for how boring he is.

He's pretty much a blank canvas, which means he's got more potential than any of the other Bat Family members.

I'll take him over Damian any day.

Sorry for the bump, but I'm somewhat excited at the prospect of WB Montreal's Suicide Squad showing up at the Game Awards of PSX. Is it time yet? Is it likely? Just hope it's set in the Arkhamverse and has the louise lincoln version of killer frost as a playable char, need to find out what happened to her after her apparent "death" in Batman: Assault on Arkham. There's no way she's dead, no way.

delSai

Sorry for the bump, but I'm somewhat excited at the prospect of WB Montreal's Suicide Squad showing up at the Game Awards of PSX. Is it time yet? Is it likely? Just hope it's set in the Arkhamverse and has the louise lincoln version of killer frost as a playable char, need to find out what happened to her after her apparent "death" in Batman: Assault on Arkham. There's no way she's dead, no way.
I guess there's a chance of either Suicide Squad or Mordor 2 showing up. WB needs to announce something, their only upcoming game at the moment is Injustice 2.

I guess there's a chance of either Suicide Squad or Mordor 2 showing up. WB needs to announce something, their only upcoming game at the moment is Injustice 2.

Hmmm you're right. It's been a while. personally hoping for the SS game. It's been a long time coming, early 2012 if I remember correctly.

Damien's great. People hate him because he's got flaws and he's full of himself, but it's night and day compared to an actual shit Robin like Jason.
People hate him because he never gets any comeuppance for the stupid shit he does

Remember when he was first introduced and beheaded a guy? Course not, no one is going to make him face the fact that he murdered a dude

Alpende

Morning guys.

- is a brawler
- coop-action
- Borderlands esque

- harness on his leg
- uses a walking stick
- Damian has a Batbike

Speculation:

I didn't see this when it was originally posted but the parts about the Batman game sound great.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Everything sounds good except...

Dick Grayson has a shaved head!? How can you get rid of this:

1886848-nightwing.png

He has the coolest hair in the DC-verse. Or had, I guess!

Kinyou

Morning guys.

- is a brawler
- coop-action
- Borderlands esque

I hope this doesnt mean it's less storyfocused. Was honestly hoping for an Arkham like game with squad mechanics.

Impossible for it to be set in the Arkhamverse if it's 10 years in the future and Poison Ivy is in it.

Alienous

Impossible for it to be set in the Arkhamverse if it's 10 years in the future and Poison Ivy is in it.

I don't see them starting another '-verse'.

Besides, Poison Ivy'll probably be a
reborn ten year old girl
, or something comic-booky like that.

No the Suicide Squad game I'm meaning, not the Damian Wayne one. Hoping the SS game is sometime after Assault on Arkham, but before the events of Arkham Asylum. That would make sence for killer frost I guess.

Aru

I'm cool with an another Batman game but I'm tired of the Arkham mechanics. The "rythm-based" battles and so on.
I want something fresh. After 4 games, I hope I'm not the only one?

est1992

I still hope this rumor isn't true. Nothing about it really adds up. Is Damian even old enough in the Arkhamverse to take over as Batman? How is Poison Ivy a villain when she died? Didn't she end her villainous ways anyway?

I feel like WB wouldn't make this move anyway. Anybody besides Bruce Wayne behind the cowl in an Arkham game would cause an uproar, and a controversial character such as Damian would only cause you to cut off part of your fan base. It just doesn't seem smart business-wise.

Maybe it's because I'm getting tired of Batman. He's the lead and sometimes only character in DC's multiple mediums. Let's give other characters a chance to shine. Superman, The Flash, etc. Growth in these departments will only bring more money and success to WB, and allow their namesake to stay in the video game medium for much longer.

BlazinAm

I read the title as Dwyane Wade led Batman game and thought, wow, this is going to be my first Batman game.
That was my impression too. I was like that is a new direction.
I still hope this rumor isn't true. Nothing about it really adds up. Is Damian even old enough in the Arkhamverse to take over as Batman? How is Poison Ivy a villain when she died? Didn't she end her villainous ways anyway?

I feel like WB wouldn't make this move anyway. Anybody besides Bruce Wayne behind the cowl in an Arkham game would cause an uproar, and a controversial character such as Damian would only cause you to cut off part of your fan base. It just doesn't seem smart business-wise.

Maybe it's because I'm getting tired of Batman. He's the lead and sometimes only character in DC's multiple mediums. Let's give other characters a chance to shine. Superman, The Flash, etc. Growth in these departments will only bring more money and success to WB, and allow their namesake to stay in the video game medium for much longer.
I think that the current Arkham games have gotten long in the tooth to keep the franchise going and expecting a continuous transition is going to be a huge logical pill for customers to swallow. I also feel that trying to keep the story when there is so much Batman content out there at the moment seems like that this is the right time to start up new story.

I also feel given the popularity of the costumes in the Arkham games it wouldn't be that big of the stretch to see a new Batman.

BlazinAm

WB will probably keep the Arkham name because in the game industry it is so hard for brands to stick and I don't think that they will let it go, which would be unfortunate. I think people are ready for something more than a seemless brawler.

Top Bottom