• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Damian Wayne-led Batman game in dev? [Up: New rumors plus Suicide Squad]

Vic_Viper

So not Batman 666

Probably not a direct adaptation but sounds like a cross between 666 and Batman Beyond. Really hope they atleast use the character designs from 666.

The Suicide Squad game sounds awesome! Really hope they have a coop feature or some sort of online component, not just a tacked on versus MP mode.

Mister Wolf

Gold Member
They should've just did Batman Beyond game set in the far future. Splicers, robots, Royal flush gang, future Justice league cameos, and Inque.

Morning guys.

I am not able to post artworks and 3D modells out of resepect for my source, but I will give you the little information that I have.

Indeed, WB Montreal is working on two games right now.

Suicide Squad, in which they go help from Rocksteady.

- is a brawler
- you create your own avatar, grow it out, with tiers of rewards
- many characters to choose
- coop-action
- Borderlands esque

targeted for 2017 release.

Next game is the Damian Wayne game.

- has been greenlit last summer
- 10 years in the future (I think our future from 10 years now, not quite Batman Beyond)
- Bruce is old and has a beard
- harness on his leg
- uses a walking stick
- is mentoring Damian Wayne to be the new Batman
- Damian has a Batbike
- lots of great characters and also new ones, lot's or redesigns, like Black Mask being a female
- Dick's in it, has a shaved head
- some other villains are Flamingo, Poison Ivy and White Rabbit(old, looks like a granny)

Game is starting to roll in production, so we might no see it for a while, but I am very excited.

Speculation:

Schreier had written on Twitter that a lot of developers want to go the route of announcing a game and releasing it shortly after, like Fallout 4. It's up in the air when we are going to see Suicide Squad, let alone that Damian game.

EDIT: These games are not labeled Arkham, so this is probably an alternative continuity!

Really can't be the Arkham continuity if the above is true...

They really need to take a longer break here. Arkham has been exhausted. A larger Arkham with even MORE Riddler trophies seems like a waste of resources because fuck that OCD bullshit "content".

I already said this but I really wish it was Batman Beyond. Keep everything from the show and just alter the mask (because it doesn't work outside of the show). It would be glorious.

Anyway, I hope they break free of the Arkham gameplay; I think it's getting pretty stale. The Batbike is a good sign seeing as it means no Batmobile. Now they need to change up the combat somehow. Also include a lot more detective work.
Ugh fuck the "Damian is the real Batman heir" narrative.
And this. It really should he Dick or Terry (or Tim).

Batman 666 does have a pretty slick outfit tho. But if they go with the classic cape look, I hope they finally let it drape over Batman's shoulders.
34uRJmGh.jpg

This being a WB Montreal Batman game probably means better character designs than Rocksteady's. The characters in Origins were a huge improvement over Asylum and City.

Pau

And this. It really should he Dick or Terry (or Tim).
Honestly, they're all heirs. They'll just alternate on who protects Gotham as they get older. I'd love for it to be Dick, then the combination of Cass and Tim, then Damian, then Terry and Helena (of course everyone forgets that Bruce has a biological daughter while positioning Damian as heir because he's a biological child), etc. (We can talk about Jason later.)

And pretty much everyone I listed is more interesting than Damian, tbh. Damian is only interesting when he's interacting with his siblings. And him being Batman while Dick is still Nightwing or god knows what is just wrong.

Juice

apparently i'm the only person who entered this thread not knowing who Damian Wayne is and misreading it as Damon Wayans

Lmao at shaved dick('s)head rumor. They made tim drake do that too in the last one.

Suicide Squad game could be fun. It being a coop brawler would make things interesting. Especially if they still keep the same camera perspective as the Arkham series.

Really don't like Damian Wayne but this being batman beyond in everything but name only has me excited about it. Happy that WB Montreal will be involved as they had better art design.

Wonder what rocksteady is up to right now. Fwiw I think gravity rush solved the problem on how to make a great superman game. Hopefully they're taking notes if that character is involved

Honestly, they're all heirs. They'll just alternate on who protects Gotham as they get older. I'd love for it to be Dick, then the combination of Cass and Tim, then Damian, then Terry and Helena (of course everyone forgets that Bruce has a biological daughter while positioning Damian as heir because he's a biological child), etc. (We can talk about Jason later.)

And pretty much everyone I listed is more interesting than Damian, tbh. Damian is only interesting when he's interacting with his siblings. And him being Batman while Dick is still Nightwing or god knows what is just wrong.
I'd feel better if it were some sorta anthology series where we play as a different heir in each installment. That'd be pretty dope, actually.
Damian is the fourth Batman though, wether you like it or not, and Terry is fucking young Bruce Wayne, which is pretty lame. Damian is also the only will-be-Batman character that hasn't appeared in a Batman game.
Ah man... I completely blocked that out. Tbh, you can say the same about Damian (kinda). I like Terry being a more lighthearted take on the mantle.

That's why I said I would prefer a Robin game rather than a "Batman Beyond" game, we could play as all bat family members until they get to be Batman.

I like Terry, but him being Bruce Wayne made me roll my eyes.

They really need to take a longer break here. Arkham has been exhausted. A larger Arkham with even MORE Riddler trophies seems like a waste of resources because fuck that OCD bullshit "content".

The Damien Batman game, assuming it's still in production with no major problems, will not be coming out next year. It began production this year, so 2018 would be the earliest it could hit, and probably more like 2019 in reality.

If it was 2018, that'd be 3 years since the last one. We got 2 year gaps between the others. The more probably 2019 would be 4 years. And it's not an Arkham game per se, although it will likely be inspired by it

Some Nobody

This is a great answer. Though, everyone forgets about Helena 'cause she's from another Earth. xD

Could be an interesting year for WB if Shadows of Mordor 2 (3 years is the max WB usually gives for Dev) and Suicide Squad (how long has that been in dev now?) release.

Sob of Arkham or whatever I can't see till 2018

If this thread is going to devolve into a "who deserves to succeed Bruce" one, well, I dislike both Terry and Damian simply because it cheapens the idea that the Bat is a symbol that any Gothamite could wear and defend Gotham with.

Terry being retconned into being a Bruce clone in JLU was so random, and well, dumb. If that simple fact was ignored, Terry would go back to being interesting, imo.

Damian as an heir is super boring, but only if he succeeds Bruce and not Dick. Any story that paints Damian as more of Dick's brother than Bruce's son is a good one, again imo.

I loved that Morrison established a clean line of Batmen with Time and the Batman: Bruce, Dick, Damian, Terry, then Brane.

To me, there'll always only be one real heir to Bruce, and that's Dick. Although I love him as Nightwing, and I actually would be really excited if Tim became a teen Batman (since Red Robin is barely relevant anyways) that works alongside Bruce like Dick in 2010. That would make for some stories.

Anyways, for this game, I'm not looking forward to the story at all. Gameplay might be great if they more or less just port over AK's stuff. The story sounds really lame, assuming this is all true. Dick with a shaved head? And it's not even Dick mentoring Damian, not sure why Dick always gets the shaft (no pun intended). On top of that, almost no one, aside from a select few Bat-writers, can write a good Damian. Some of those animated movies are atrocious. And taking from both Beyond and 666 doesn't sound too exciting when they could just get it all wrong, anyways.

Playsage

If this thread is going to devolve into a "who deserves to succeed Bruce" one, well, I dislike both Terry and Damian simply because it cheapens the idea that the Bat is a symbol that any Gothamite could wear and defend Gotham with.

Terry being retconned into being a Bruce clone in JLU was so random, and well, dumb. If that simple fact was ignored, Terry would go back to being interesting, imo.

Damian as an heir is super boring, but only if he succeeds Bruce and not Dick. Any story that paints Damian as more of Dick's brother than Bruce's son is a good one, again imo.

I loved that Morrison established a clean line of Batmen with Time and the Batman: Bruce, Dick, Damian, Terry, then Brane.

To me, there'll always only be one real heir to Bruce, and that's Dick. Although I love him as Nightwing, and I actually would be really excited if Tim became a teen Batman (since Red Robin is barely relevant anyways) that works alongside Bruce like Dick in 2010. That would make for some stories.

Anyways, for this game, I'm not looking forward to the story at all. Gameplay might be great if they more or less just port over AK's stuff. The story sounds really lame, assuming this is all true. Dick with a shaved head? And it's not even Dick mentoring Damian, not sure why Dick always gets the shaft (no pun intended). On top of that, almost no one, aside from a select few Bat-writers, can write a good Damian. Some of those animated movies are atrocious. And taking from both Beyond and 666 doesn't sound too exciting when they could just get it all wrong, anyways.
Terry isn't a clone of Bruce.
Biologically, they are father and son.

He was supposed to become a "Batman clone", though

I'll be excited only if it's a big departure from the Arkham series.

I want new art style and new gameplay mechanics.

If it's from Montreal, there aren't going to be new mechanics. They will recycle whatever was in previous games. Maybe add a new detective mode.

Here's hoping it is actually a fresh take....

Despite its flaws, I really liked Arkham Origins. The character design was a big improvement from the Rocksteady models and the story was really well done despite using the Joker again. They could just end up reusing the arkham knight combat though.

I like the sound of a make-a-villain Suicide Squad game. Not sure about another Batman outing in the mold of the Arkham ones, that well is pretty much dry.

Zukkoyaki

I'd be down for either one of these games, Suicide Squad in particular. Honestly I'd be down for almost anything since I'm a huge fan of DC Comics and am dying to see what Montreal is working on. Kind of have to think that at least one of their games will be announced before too long. It's been three years since their last game and Warner Bros. has a pretty barren slate at the moment...

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if they hold an E3 conference in 2017. They could potentially show Injustice 2 DLC, Shadow of Mordor 2, whatever is going on with Lego and at least one of Montreal's games. I'd be down with thst.

Pau

Damian is the fourth Batman though, wether you like it or not, and Terry is fucking young Bruce Wayne, which is pretty lame.
These stories are fluid though. For the longest time, most "futures" should Tim as Batman. Cass has even been a Batman/Batwoman. So it's not set in stone that Damian has to be the fourth Batman or whatever.

I'd feel better if it were some sorta anthology series where we play as a different heir in each installment. That'd be pretty dope, actually.
It would be!

That's why I said I would prefer a Robin game rather than a "Batman Beyond" game, we could play as all bat family members until they get to be Batman.
That'd be cool too.

This is a great answer. Though, everyone forgets about Helena 'cause she's from another Earth. xD
Thanks! And well, Damian was from a random, non-canon story from the 80's until Grant Morrison brought him into continuity. I hope we get Helena as part of the main earth one day and I'm partial to her being the youngest except for Terry.

So much Damian hate. Tomasi and Gleasons Batman and Robin run made me really dig him. He's got legit psychological issues which any good Batman needs, at least as an interesting character. Dick doesn't really have that much except when it's poorly forced by blowing up a circus or something. He is Nightwing and that's cool and that's where he belongs. And Terry is practically fanfic territory as far as I'm concerned but I'm part of the silent... majority?, who didn't like Batman beyond at all.

Pau

So much Damian hate. Tomasi and Gleasons Batman and Robin run made me really dig him. He's got legit psychological issues which any good Batman needs, at least as an interesting character. Dick doesn't really have that much except when it's poorly forced by blowing up a circus or something. He is Nightwing and that's cool and that's where he belongs. And Terry is practically fanfic territory as far as I'm concerned but I'm part of the silent... majority?, who didn't like Batman beyond at all.
Dick has trauma, he just works through it differently than Bruce and it's more subtle. Not every Batman needs to be super dark and gritty and unlikable.

I'd like Damian more if his writers remembered that he's not Bruce's only child. Maybe his New 52 writers got better at this, but right up until then they could be really bad about it.

Some Nobody

Who says you need psychological issues? Terry managed it just fine without said, and what you're looking for is "silent minority". :D

Literally every character surrounding Bruce is more interesting than Bruce...except Damian. Dudes just flat out unlikable.

Top Bottom